Posts by CamperBollie

I've bought the Profiler Stage to see, if I could replace that OX box with that. After all it's very intriguing to just turn that relatively small device, play and even home-record stuff, without a hot tube amp in the room. So far, the OX box is the winner. Am I missing something?

Ok, I'm stupid... I was clearly missing something. First of all: I had set the input gain of the return path too low. Moreover, after profiling my amp again, last night, I spend a couple of minutes refining, playing especially those licks and chords, I felt that were lacking bass response and attack (strat, position 4). The weird thing is: The profile sounds and feels better than my amp now. So, there'll be a used OX Box on Reverb soon. :P

Lessons learned:

1.) not only RTFM, gather as much infos about profiling as possible. It helped me to watch a couple of videos from guys like Rabea Massad, how they profile their amps

2..) it takes more than one round of profiling

3.) The refining process seems to be one of the few entities, that actually likes listening to your playing habits and wants to hear as much as possible to learn from it. ;P

I still feel awkward. ;)

Cheers

Bollie

Hello,

how does the profiler handle a stereo-IR with, let's say, an SM57 on the left and a R121 on the right side? I'm asking, because I usually record with two mics and pan them slightly. In the past, I also used software to run my amp signal through two separate IRs and spread them. Is this possible with the profiler? Can't really find any option for that.

Cheers

Bollie

Sorry for necro-bumping this, but as a beginner in that regard, I've noticed missing low end as well. I've direct-profiled my Morgan RCA35 using a Palmer DI and refined it afterwards. I tried running it through various G12H75 IR (even bought some from Celestion), as I own this speaker. But when I compare it to the cab in the room or even my OX-Box's White 75 Cab, it's much more fun to play the latter two. Of course, so much low end wouldn't probably be acceptable in a production or live situation (aka "leave room for the bass player), but I enjoy that while practicing.

Btw., I doubt that it's due to my DI box, as the pre-installed profiles lacking low end, too (even the MB ones).

I've bought the Profiler Stage to see, if I could replace that OX box with that. After all it's very intriguing to just turn that relatively small device, play and even home-record stuff, without a hot tube amp in the room. So far, the OX box is the winner. Am I missing something?