Posts by jjk1407

Funny how "waiting" has this effect on us.

Spot on. When sitting down and doing the math, the time spent here is nothing. But from user experience perspective, it feels strange...

I was in the industry of developing retail websites. If the website were not showing any change when doing it's job (placing order, searching, etc.), users often feel there's something wrong. A spinner or a progress bar helps. But the things that worked best are the "dirty tricks" on animations. Like fading in the menu, some fancy transitions...etc.

Then just imagine how much of your life fades away while booting up ...... 8o

Cheers !

Actually, I (only recently) found out that for powering on I don't need to hold the power button. It was a life saver!! One click, it does it's job. In the meantime I can grab the guitar, plug in, or turn down the volume of my monitors to avoid the "pop" as another thread mentioned. But for powering off, it's a dedicated job during that 3s of my life!!

Avoiding accidental shut-downs is exactly the reason, why we have to hold the button for a while.

Understood. And that's why I was wondering if it can be configured, like an option in the system menu. Or maybe another way to do this - like 2 steps confirmation? I don't mind pressing the power button twice to power it off.

The existing ~3 seconds hold is like "are you super super sure what you are doing? yes? now think again?" Also I have to be staring at the screen for the "shutting down" bar to fill to know when I can let go the button.

I know it's not a lot of time. 3 uses per day and for a year it's probably 40-50min in total spent on shutting it off. I can easily spend that time by simply browsing this forum and get nothing :) But it just feels weird to hold the button for that long every time.

Is it possible to add a feature to config the Kemper Stage so that when turning the device off users don't need to hold the power button till it's shut down? Not super inconvenient, but it feels weird to hold the "turning off" pose for a few secs every time...

Thanks!

Thanks for the quick replies! Also just got an answer from Kemper support team reconfirming that it is by design. Wow, seems the technology has advanced so much since the last time I put my hands on a digital effects. ;)

By the way, for my own education purpose, is this mentioned anywhere on the quick start or manual? I was trying to look for an answer but couldn't see any. Maybe I was looking at the wrong place?

I have just received my Kemper Stage and finally come out from the "physical tube amp" world a few days ago. Very impressed so far. But I found the "browse" knob on my stage behaves a bit funky - let's say I'm using a particular rig at the moment in "browser" mode. When slightly touching the browse knob, not completely pressed down, it brings up the browse menu. But to pick another rig from the menu I need to press the browse knob all the way down. The problem with that is, if I am pressing the knob all the way down when a rig is in display, very easily it can go quickly to the menu then flash back to the rig display - if you know what I mean. Is that how the knob supposed to work (e.g. go to the rig menu on a half press)? Has anybody else experienced it?

Thanks!