Posts by Clselby

Sometimes the feedback will end prematurely and just make a not so good sounding feedback. I do have a gate in a stomp slot, does that really matter as opposed to just using the noise gate knob? Can one make the profile react differently?

I use 99.9% of the time a profile I created of my Peavey Jsx and it sounds fantastic, the only thing that could be a "smidge" better is the way it reacts to guitar feedback. Is there some tips/advice that anyone could give when profiling this amp that may help the feedback seem more natural?

Amp Volume is before the X, MOD, Delay, and Reverb slots, so, adjusting it can change the amount of signal being sent to those FX slots, and the amount of signal can change the sound of those FX slots.

Rig volume is at the end of the signal chain, after the X, MOD, Delay, and Reverb slots. Changing it simply turns the output of the Rig up and down.

I messed with this last night changing the volume with the rig vol and then with the amp volume with effects on and I could not tell a single difference whatsoever. Maybe its just me, I dunno.

You can just as easily wire 2 x 8 ohms speakers for 4 ohms, unless you're planning on using the cab with other amp heads that would be the way I would go.

A 150w triple rectifier on 10 is going to be louder than your Kemper on 10, I don't think the Kemper is realisticly a risk of blowing a 150w cab, just leave the poweramp boost off.

A 16 ohm cab may help save your eardrums though, whatever works for you

So you don't think the kemper would blow a pair of speakers @ 16ohms?

So I’m getting rdy to put speakers in a 2x12 cab I’ve had with some Celestions. What ohm speaker load would you guys go with? Does it really matter as long as I don’t stress them? I run my power rack at rehearsals through a 4x12 @ 16ohms, but the 2x12 one I’m going to use at home and for smaller gigs/rehearsals. Just trying to get some opinions. Should I get two 8 ohms and run @ 16 ohms or two 16 ohms and run @ 8 ohms?

I didn't even know you could get ni-cads anymore! (can't stand them and haven't used them in years) AA LI-ion batteries are not rare, easily available here and pretty inexpensive in many brands of possibly better/worse quality. I have about 10 of them I rotate in home electronics. If I ever kill my G10, I might move to a system like that. The G10 suffers from a fragile mini usb (or so reported) I put one of those magnetic plugs in so the port doesn't get "wore out". I know people tear them open and put in a different jack or even a little 9V to 5v converter you can buy for like a dollar on Ebay so you can use a regular wall wart.

I wish the Kemper had that ability. I worry about plugging and unplugging the vital ethernet plug every gig. For home use I bought a male/female dongle so I an leave the plug in the unit but it won't transport like that safely. I like what some do with their rack Kempers where they make a panel. That's almost worth me wanting a rack Kemper for.

On my power rack I did a patch bay when I first got it for the speaker out, remote and input just so I'm not wearing out those jacks, simple and pretty inexpensive to do as well.

Rig Volume is before the X, MOD, Delay, and Reverb slots, so, adjusting it can change the amount of signal being sent to those FX slots, and the amount of signal can change the sound of those FX slots.

Rig volume is at the end of the signal chain, after the X, MOD, Delay, and Reverb slots. Changing it simply turns the output of the Rig up and down.

Did you mean to say “Amp Volume is before the X, MOD, Delay and Reverb slots”?

Simple: If you play with different rigs you can set them at different volumes at the rig volume setting and save that volume level to the profile. You cannot save master volume settings to the profiles.

I’m not talking about “master volume”, was talking about the rig volume and the “amp volume”, that’s under the amp block.

I have been using one of these since they hit the market. I have never had an issue with mine. I have also been on stages with other guys that are also running them and we have never had issues with running multiples of them on the same stage. I never play a gig without mine.

They are definitely made for the road, love mine and have also been on stage with others that use the same model and flawless.

One professional musician after another has indicated on video that they couldn't tell the difference between their amp and the profiled version on the KPA. Most said it was a 50/50 guess on their part which one was their amp. I don't profile but that was good enough for me to know that it was covered if I ever did need to profile an amp, which takes some experience and tweaking just ask the guys that turn out profiles commercially. This beast has been rock solid for 6 years plus with constant upgrades and new features. Even if they tweaked the profiling process to make it a tad bit better, wouldn't even make me think twice about getting the newer model. "They said" is all marketing on the oppositions part but you are welcome to spend your money on all the gear in the world to find "your" holy grail of tone. Enjoy your journey as I'm content right where I'm at for many years to come.

My final thought on the KPA is.... Where in the world are you going to buy a digital piece of hardware that has been backed with updates and features since 2011. Unheard of as that is money well spent for pocket and ear! Go in Peace:)

All great points, so true about products still putting out new features and updates like Kemper has been for 10 years now.