Posts by UsrName

Howdy!

I 'm coming back to Kemper after owning the FM3 for awhile. I recently picked up a Stage and plan to use it with the Power station and a Bogner 2x12 cab. I know when using Fryette with the Fractal, the resonance settings had to be adjusted in the amp block because the Fryette, although a neutral amp, still created it's own resonance reaction due to being a tube amp, thus creating exaggerated lows and highs. I was wondering if this will be the case with the Kemper when using direct/merged profiles. Does anyone know if using the Fryette will cause a "double resonance" effect? Can the resonance settings in the direct/merged amp profile be adjusted? Or should I just move to a SS power amp?

For anyone else that might have run into this issue:

From Marc at Kemper support:

"thanks for getting in touch. This issue will be fixed with the next update which should be available shortly. As a temporary workaround, you might want to drag the Rig in question onto the location Profiler to store it there."

Sorry for the confusion guys please disregard my last reply. I have another issue about RM crashing in another thread and accidentally responded here.

Yes it will.

Thinking more about your original question I don’t understand though why RM should upload ANYTHING on your machine without you dragging rigs over from RM.

Exactly. It did a sort of auto sync once I connected to RM. I only had rigs stored on the head that I uploaded from the shard folder on a USB. Then when I connected to RM, I guess the head detected the other local folders with existing rigs and synced them to the head. Unless I had profiles in the wrong folder?

Here is a guess: If Rig Manager was shut down by closing the window (as opposed to Exiting the program with a Menu selection) before it completed deleting the Rigs form the KPA, or the KPA was disconnected before the deletion was complete, the Rigs would still be on the KPA .

Possibly. If they were still in the profiler folder then they maybe they were synced once I connected?

Here is a guess: If Rig Manager was shut down by closing the window (as opposed to Exiting the program with a Menu selection) before it completed deleting the Rigs form the KPA, or the KPA was disconnected before the deletion was complete, the Rigs would still be on the KPA .

They are not saved to the head at all. RM crashes as soon as I select Upload.

Yes it will.

Thinking more about your original question I don’t understand though why RM should upload ANYTHING on your machine without you dragging rigs over from RM.

Well, I usually just right click on the profile, if I like it, and select Upload...which used to work fine.

I suppose I could try click and drag for now to see if it helps. The other way was just easier for me I guess, as I am a right click sort of person. lol

Hey gents. I recently did a factory reset and had only a handful of rigs and when I connected to RM it automatically uploaded all the rigs I had just erased.

Is there any way to stop the sync when you first connect to RM? I've tried looking in preferences, etc. but didn't see this option. Am I missing it somewhere or is this not an option?

I recently updated my Powerhead to the latest OS and RM version, (7.0.9/2.3.13). I can preview profiles but can't upload from RM; I get an error message that this program has stopped working.

I'm running Win 8.1 and made sure to download the correct OS for the head and not the stage. I tried restarting the pc but to no avail.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

A ported speaker is gonna boom, it's what they do. Set up a Studio EQ stomp, the factory one called "No Boomy E A" would be a great place to start. Work with the EQ to find the offending frequencies and dial them down. Then set Hi and Lo cut to preference, think mine are set at around 80hz and 10k but not sure, Hope this helps.

That makes sense. I think Matrix's idea was to make it have the bottom end of a 4x12. I did set up a studio eq but just went with the first one that came up in the list and only adjusted the hi/low pass so I probably still have some frequencies set incorrectly. I will try out the No Boomy one and see if it helps.

I agree... I'll have to do some experimenting. I'm thinking it's still good to have the power amp version just in case I want to plug into a real cab at some point.

Thanks again for all the help guys!

Thanks again for all the helpful responses, much appreciated!

However, I made a new discovery... I switched to an outboard analog power amp (effects return), through the main out of course, and the sound was much better. I'm thinking maybe I just don't like the built in power amp of the kemper with my cab?

From the manual:

 High Shift, Low Shift

Both parameters influence the characteristic formants of a Cabinet PROFILE, thereby simulating a change in size. “High Shift” will make the higher formants more prominent, whereas “Low Shift” does the same for the lower frequencies

There's a great tutorial from tonejunkie about low/high shift controls on YT. I'd suggest watching that (+ a few others on definition etc). Very handy videos!

Yup read it/watched it. I guess I was looking for more of an actual frequency spec or range of shift. But I get what it's doing now.

Thanks for the tips and warm welcome!

So the main and monitor output eq had the bass bumped up to +5 so I set everything to 0 which seemed to help some.

Raising the low shift in the cab section made a significant difference in tightening things up! Anybody know exactly what these shifts are doing? Will they have a negative impact on profiles?

Should I turn off the studio eq now or use these settings in conjunction with? Any other tips?