Posts by Master1977

What is there to say?

Most companies in your competitive landscape would have reduced the size of the unit by 5% and created the Kemper 2.0, to sell at a premium from the old one.

This is truly a remarkable free update (one of many in fact).
    Read the comments Mr Kemper, you are increasing your base of loyal customers. In the end, this is going to be a winning business strategy.
    well done!

Hello,

I updated to 7.1.2.15213 yesterday but noticed that filtering on Favorites is now buggy.

I start my Kemper and Favorites is already selected as the filter option. This used to do what you expect it to, now the KPA shows me all rigs, even though the filter clearly shows Favorites.

To make it work, every time I startup, I have to unselect the filter and reselect it.

Anyone else?

Thanks,

Pippo

In the end I got to what I wanted.

It was as easy as starting to use the monitor out.

So:

- TRS to TRS monitor output and direct output (with stereo option on to re assign direct as a second monitor); this goes into the audio interface. Aux -> monitor 0.0

- XLR to XLR master output to the monitor speakers. Aux -> master 7.0 or as loud as you want

- TRS to TRS from the audio interface output into the KPA return and alternate input

It’s totally fine now. Can record only guitar while playing the backing track on the same speakers.

You might ask why I use master for the speakers and monitor out for recording.... that’s cause currently I don’t have a TRS to XLR balanced cable. I will rectify that and flip the outputs.

So.... epic failure so far.

cheekyboy999 yes I know the 2i2 isn't stereo as I mentioned above so my bubble was burst otherwise.

It sounds good, records well.... only problem is if I play a backing track and record whilst playing along the recording track is going back to the audio interface again.

Can this be setup in the KPA? e.g. only have the input from jack routed to the master out jacks?

If this can't be done, given I do want stereo playing, I see no other option but upgrading to another interface. Probably 6i6, SPDIF in and XLR/XLR to the monitors.

Yes you can.

Thank you for confirming.

Sorry but I'm a newbie, would this sound sensible to you or is there a better way?

- Kemper Master Out to Monitors (2 XLR/XLR cables)

- Kemper Master Out to 2i2 (2 TRS/TRS cables)... bypasses the preamp on the 2i2 would otherwise make the KPA clip

- 2i2 outputs to KPA return and alternate input (2 TRS/TRS cables) so I can hear the backing tracks on the monitors too

Thank you

I’m asking cause my audio interface (Focusrite Scarlett 2i2) doesn’t seem to support panning, so if I go from KPA to 2i2 with 2 TRS cables I get mono audio from monitors connected to the 2i2.

I’d really love to hear the stereo effects directly from the Kemper into the monitors and still be able to send the signal to the audio interface for recording without having to plug and unplug cables.

Thanks

Pippo

Thanks for the answer!

why 2 TRS from KPA to Scarlett input of simply 2 TS to get Stereo? any quality degradation from XLR... sorry for the newbie question but XLR cables always seem more "professional" than TS/TRS