Posts by readysteadyjedi

I'm new to both the Kemper and the Headrush (got the 12 inch speaker version). Got it all set up and was surprised how boomy and bass heavy it is compared to listening to the kemper through my headphones. A lot of the stock profiles are crazy bass heavy. I'm using the speaker sideways on the ground as if it was a stage monitor.

Is this common? Am I missing something?

Welcome! Really don't know why you wouldn't start with headphones if that's the only option right now, sounds great that way.

I read a "bought a kemper, don't really like it" thread where the OP said they'd started with headphones, and multiple people said "you really shouldn't start with headphones".

That said I'm itching to get started so I might just plug it in anyway and noodle a bit.

EDIT: Ok I plugged it in with headphones and it still sounded great to me. Looking forward to it out of a speaker though. I've played a lot with sims so I'm used to it not being an "amp in the room" sound, but headphones does have it's own sort of character.

My long suffering rep must be thanking his respective gods as I finally got it together to order the Kemper last week. Unfortunately we're currently in the process of moving house so it'll probably stay boxed another week (I could play it through headphones but I hear it's not the best approach first time).

I've been playing 30 years but as I've moved a lot I haven't had a decent amp in 20 years, and had no amp at all from about 2007 through 2018 when I got a Boss Katana. The Kemper is a huge step up for me, and honestly I feel that my lack of amp experience will allow me to get more out of it and nit pick less. My ears are easily placated.

I listen to a lot of metal, but when I play it tends to be blues, even though I don't listen to any blues. Figure that one out. I'm excited to get some Britt profiles, plus I listened to some SinMix samples of the Randall Satan last night and it got me super excited about it.

Anyways, that's all. Excited to start annoying people with questions. Thanks for reading.