Posts by Lpcustom

Love this idea - I have plenty of profiles, more than I can probably every use covering just about every genre... however presets with effects are another matter. This will prove very useful as it grows as it’s a good inspiration to see how others set these up.

Will try this out tonight!

Another issue of course is does your tone = good tone in the context of your band / recording? Many times over the years I've found that my killer tone doesn't fit well in the mix and I have to compromise. A good example of this is how we rock guitar players tend to like a tone with plenty of thump / bass which is fine on your own but tramples all over the bass players sound.

THIS... Never underestimate a good arrangement with a tight band playing together as well although I think we’re getting away from the OP’s question a bit in that area. I think his point was more “how do you sound the best” although I think it’s one I the same. Good players help each other sound good in my opinion.

I like the general ideas stated prior about using definition and EQ - good starting points!

Fresh strings - I don’t mean that in a snarky way either. They effects of string deadening are very subtle and degrade slowly... but put a new set of strings on and voila!

I find I don’t tweak the profiles much - just find a good one and stick with it. If after a little jamming it doesn’t sound good I move on to a new one. The only things I usually tweak are a bit of presence or gain (usually turning it down) before I add on effects.

Practice never hurt either! ?

I have also the issue with the foot switches. After unpacking and playing with the device, the bank footswitches 2 and 5 started to be unreliable and now do not work at all. I tried to reinstall different versions of OS, but it did not help. Also the Rig Manager works strange. How it sychronize the Performance is not clear for me. Sometimes its stores rigs to the device, some times not. I was really tired yesterday with those issues.

I will definitelly replace the unit today with local retailer, but I am afraid that It will be the same delivery with similar issues. As someone wrote already, you have to trust to your device, because you depend on it during the gig.

I would contact Kemper Support and set up a ticket - they replaced mine... took only a week including shipping time there and back.

I performed the update to W10 on an old Dell from the link provided in the forum... worked like a charm! Was surprised it would work as I had tried to update before from W7 pro without any luck... just figured it was too old. Many thanks for the link!

Just wanted to give a quick shoutout to Kemper Support and the job they do. I recently developed an issue with button #1 on my Stage and I can’t thank their staff enough. Once I submitted a ticket, I got a quick reply and we tried a few other options before deciding it was best to send back. Sent back the original the day before Thanksgiving - the new one was in my hands this morning. I actually checked when it arrived back to Kemper and they had already sent me an email with a tracking number within about two hours of their receiving it so the only delay was shipping (however considering the holiday and weekend I’m doing ok)

When I discovered the issue, I toyed with the idea of sending back to AMS where I ordered... glad I didn’t and went this route instead. I know some other stage owners have had some similar opportunities, so I just thought I would post some good feedback in case your deciding which way to go.

Big thanks to both Peter and Parker at KPA for their help! I’ve been playing the new one since and so far everything seems great - no issues and rocking like it should. Loaded up my Flash-drive with the backup I made prior to sending the other one back and all is good!

This is the tone I want:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Great tone and an amazing player - one of my favorites from that era. His phrasing and sense of melody set him apart from a lot of the “shredders” of that time. I like what he’s been doing post-Europe too... if you find what you’re looking for be sure to share!

I am new to Kemper. Just received my stage yesterday. About an hour in one of the foot switches quit working. Seems the problem is not resolved. What a bummer, I truly love the sounds!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but that could be a hardware issue - currently awaiting my second one to arrive as I sent the original back for the same problem your having. Kemper support is great and they’ll take care of you.

https://www.kemper-amps.com/contact

All works well unless your buttons are messed up... it drove me batty till I figured out the 1sf button itself was failing. Currently awaiting my second stage to arrive as I sent the original one back due to a hardware issue. Cant wait! Went back to my POD for awhile and it’s looper is no where near the KPA version...

Problem is back - same as before... played tonight and it reverted back to the original issue when powered off. After some playing it did work somewhat - but “somewhat” isn’t good for a brand new piece of gear (and an expensive one at that!).

I can say that Kemper Support is excellent - they’ve already been in contact with me. I’m just sharing my experience with others in case you have similar issues. Kemper stands behind the products so I have no doubt they’ll work to make it right.

Might be back to the old POD for awhile until it’s fully resolved!