Posts by Lpcustom

I didn't like my Taylor's built in system and replaced it by a seymour duncan sa6 mag mic.

Sounds very rich and natural imho. Of course I deactivated the Amp and the Cab section

so the toaster is a plain multieffect.

With a good monitor box you will not need any extra stuff.

This... just the reverb and maybe a bit of delay on acoustic (no amp/cab for my tastes but to each their own)

now if your trying to make an electric sound like an acoustic that’s another matter.

The Rig Exchange is built around “amps” and their subsequent profiles as opposed to a particular artist. There are some exceptions to this and I have been lucky to find a few based on an artist - however that’s more of a rarity from what I’ve found.

What I’ve done is think about it from the perspective of what amps they used in the studio and start there. For example, Def Leppard used Rockmans a lot back in the 80’s (especially on Hysteria) and there are some VERY good Rockman Profiles. I personally suggest the MBritt “Rockwoman” and then add your prerequisite chorus/reverb/delay for that sound.

That’s at least my approach.

Will be 3 weeks this Thursday... as an update - I plugged into Rig Manager last night and synced it... it seems to have resolved it? So now I’m really wondering if this is a software or hardware issue? After some of the other posts I’ve read where Kemper has replaced them - as much as I’ll miss it if that is indeed what happens... it worries me that the issue could creep up again in the future.

We’ll see what support has to say -

Within the same performance it should follow the tempo you selected (and tempo is active) as long as it’s not locked otherwise in the slot you selected.

I guess I’m not alone... as others have experienced my #1 button has stopped working completely... just submitted a support ticket.

Seemed to have started with the update to 7.1.3.15295, however it may be coincidental. The button feels ok, just doesn’t do anything when pressed. Started slowly, only not working every now and then as well as also coinciding with the “date/time loss” - strangely enough... that issue corrected itself so I was hoping this would as well. I guess not.

Sad - LOVING the sounds I’m getting and even after only having less than three weeks I’m very at home with it. That unit is so easy to program ... just about any tone I have in my head seems to be possible. Not sure what will be the outcome - but I did a backup in case on my flash drive in case I have to return it.

Well I noticed this as well when I fired up my stage tonight - I had previously unplugged it too. I reset the time, but noticed the looper was acting flaky as well. The “1” button (which controls the looper record) is being touchy... not only is it hit/miss engaging the looper - but morphing is a bit weird as well (using that button).

I’ll try to roll back the firmware tomorrow and see if it solves the problem.

Is it just me or do most guitarists get stuck on auditioning so many different Rigs and hardly play any guitar?? Also , I wish there was more artist named rigs then name of the amps they would play.

Would rather be auditioning good, faithful reproductions of amps than tweaking a zillion settings to make something sound like an amp. I’ve been down that route with previous gear... I find I play more now. Spent a little time on the rig exchange yesterday, called up a nice profile - tweaked it to my taste within seconds and played on it for most of the afternoon.

I’m new here and have read through most of the posts - some are quite funny and it’s nice to be part of a forum like this.

I’ll be patiently waiting like everyone else and will of course try it out when it’s released. However, I’ve used PC based editors on other platforms and have never been impressed. Part of the reason why I bough the Kemper over some other devices is so I don’t have to do that as much... I hate to tweak. The physical knobs and scrolling on the device works well enough for me, but I can see where others would like it on a PC (and maybe it will make it easier).

Haven’t said any more than anyone else has already - but I’ve said my 2 cents.

Besides - sitting at the airport early am needed to give me something to do... maybe I’ll go read some more “drama zone!”. ;)

Cheers to all - really enjoying this forum!

I took a lot of advice from this forum and ended up burying the Dunlop DVP3... love it. I haven’t used some of the others listed on here so I don’t have a comparison- but it’s working great for me. Volume swells are smooth which is primarily what I need it for.

That would be awesome!

I’ve always wanted to be able to do Baba O’Riley and Won’t Get Fooled Again on guitar ?

Agree 100%! Seems like I remember EVH doing it with just his volume (I think) on a live album they did years ago... was a very cool version.

I’ve had synth effects on other multi-effects units over the years and while cool - just weren’t “musical” enough to use consistently. Would love to have one available on the Kemper if possible.

I apologize if this has been asked before - searched and couldn’t find a good answer and the manual wasn’t really as clear (unless it’s just me).

I’m wanting to play along with some backing tracks for practice - according to the manual for my Kemper Stage... I need a patch cable with 2 TS outs to plug into the return 1/2. I had that plugged into my iPad, set up the effects loop and then adjusted the audio. Here’s the odd thing... I had sound, but the backing was only playing the left side of the stereo (can tell because the track had some hard panned guitar parts R/L) field although it played through both my headphone speakers.

Hopefully that makes sense - what am I doing wrong? I‘ve read where others use a small mixer... is that really the best way? Seem’s overly complicated if that’s the case.

Thanks in advance!

I agree - long time player and first time Kemper User... received my stage a few weeks ago and haven’t looked back. Played my first time live with it this weekend - straight into FOH and used a stage monitor... sounded great on stage and out in the audience as well. Not to mention - set up was quick and easy!

Started playing 35 years ago - as others have pointed out, no internet back then and I’ll add also that the lesson books weren’t much to be desired either. I picked up Mel Bays Level 1 and that was just standard chords to get started.

Another book that I found was “Improvising Rock Guitar” which taught your basic blues scale and had 7” record with it to play along with. That was all it took for me to dig in deeper and want to learn more.

The best thing I ever did was copy records - listen and try to learn the licks and rhythm playing going on. My biggest influences were Hendrix, Clapton, Page, Gilmour, EVH etc. and it was wonderful learning those songs. Too many players now focus on just a TAB and use it as a crutch - learning the song by ear is the best lesson you’ll ever get.

I do wish sometimes I had pursued it further -later in life I did focus heavily on classical/flamenco and have studied it along with some a Gypsy Jazz... however I learned more in my formative years than I’ve learned ever since.

Honestly though - just to see that guitar is being talked about now and folks still want to play in a day where music is just “sounds” and samples are more dominant is a plus. The guitar is wonderful instrument - however you choose to learn!