Posts by samgreen

Hello all, I’m a new (unpowered head) Kemper user. I had originally bought the Kemper for silent recording but am now entertaining the prospect of replacing the tube amp.

“Amp in the room” feeling is a must though.

My idea is to buy an frfr now (which probably won’t entirely satisfy me, but will work), and when the Kemper Kone comes out, throw that in there. Is this realistic? Would they be compatible?

Since I found out about the kone I’m wishing I’d saved up for the powered head... but I’m still going to try to put together a 2 piece solution.

If Kemper is planning on releasing an active cab I may just wait for the release to amplify my Kemper sound, but only at a reasonable cost.

Thoughts??

Based on older forums I've read, it is possible to update the profiler without a flash drive. However, I can't seem to figure out how to do this in rig manager. I pressed "check for updates," but it just says that the software is up to date. I can only assume it's referring to my rig manager software which is current. The kemper head itself, however, is version 6.0.

Is it still possible to update without a flash drive?