Posts by hamiltonb6802

After using Helix and then Kemper the last 4 years or so and ditching the tube amps, I’ve gotten a JVM410H and a 1960A 4x12 and I have to say OMG. Forgot how it feels to have a cranked amp.

That said, I still love my Kemper, and putting the Kemper through the amp is GREAT also.

No need to be on one side of the fence or the other. Love all!

My wife is ok with me loving many amps and guitars as long as I just love one woman :)

wow that sucks man, my apocalypse is the solo II and it’s made in Korea, quite possibly the best guitar I’ve ever had, and I’ve had a LOT. Ebony board, stainless frets (all perfect on the ends), custom shop pickups, locking tuners. The red finish is gaudy but looks good under stage lights, and if I get sick of it I can have a nice paint job done.

My previous best and the one that got away was a Kramer nightswan, but stupid me at age 23 traded it away for 2 guitars.

At age 51 I won’t make those mistakes again.

My Gear Rundown...I like being in isolation !

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

How much do you have to buy from Sweetwater to get the little car/bus/van whatever it is?

do you have powered KPA or if not what do you use to power your cabs?

As you know Guitar players are very conservative. They use tube amps since decades.;)

so I’ve worked for a German manufacturing company before, believe me I understand conservatism now ;)

“We do not understand why our customers would want this feature” ........... I heard that several times.

It was also difficult to get them to understand that “competence” means “eh we can do it, but maybe not the best” in United States, while there it means excellence.

Yes very true but i have everything i need and everything running perfectly so i do not wish to upgrade to windows 10 just to be able to have this editor that just does not make sense it makes more sense for Kemper to have the editor working on Windows 7 , 8 , and 10 as most other developers have with there additional editing software.

people need to accept the fact that Windows 7 is unsupported after a couple weeks. You’re not going to get it. You can update to 10 for free.

I get it, I hated win ME (mistake edition) and wanted to go back to 98SE, but Win10 is a very solid OS, I’ve been using it for over a year for my work machine and updated my home machine from 7 to 10 last month, everything just works better now, printer issues gone, WiFi issues gone, etc.

Schecter Solo II Apocalypse, has all the upgrades.

External Content www.instagram.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I’m predicting somewhere between the 9th and the 20th of December, because I’ll be out of the country for a week then grinding out a week of being out of office stuff plus the day to day before my 2 weeks of holiday break while all the customers are trying to crunch their end of year stuff for me to finish up in a week.

Or January 6th when I return after said break.

Here I was all ready to be thankful for an editor on this amazing day.

Kemper crew, take your time and make it right, I’ll be ok. I bought my stage knowing there wasn’t an editor, and I can live without it for awhile :)

You will not convince me to like Apple just like I made no attempt to make other dislike them. I did not even state my reasons for disliking them until I was asked. I have been in the IT field since 1992 and have many certs and degrees, A+, Net + , CCNA, ITIL, AAS in Networking and Systems, BS in Information technologies which all started with a cert in computer repair in 1992. I am also current the most senior support tech at my company. I have skin in the game, decades of it.

to be fair I wasn’t even trying to make you like them. I don’t have stock in them and couldn’t care less.

I was anti apple also until I got sick of pulling the battery out of my Android every single day from lockups, switched to iPhones and they just work so I’ve stuck with them.

Not trying to dis your Field experience either, I was just saying that if someone wanted to work on them you’ve got to get certified. Dell is the same way, I was a software systems engineer at a school district for a bit and got Dell certified on everything we had so I wouldn’t have to pass tickets to the hardware techs when I’m perfectly capable of replacing any hardware in Dell workstations or servers. I got the dispatch cert also so I didn’t have to schedule their field techs, just send me the parts thanks :)

somehow I ended up as a sales engineer, which pays about double what I made in support but adds travel. It also allows me to be able to afford nice toys :)