Posts by hamiltonb6802

There are a few reasons, first off I don't like that you can buy their product and be told what software I can use simply because they have not had the chance to review it. I used own a computer store as well and even though I had all of the IT credentials to work on PC, I could not even look inside someone mac without voiding their warranty. The company I currently work for has a contract with them to allow us to backup their OS for restoration purposes and they will not even give us access to enough code to do it correctly. Couple those issues with their declining quality since the passing of Jobs and you have a product and company that I choose not to give any of my money to.

so they control their software, which helps their bottom line AND saves people from getting hacked. Unlike windows.

well done Apple. Most of the people I’ve seen who hate on them either want to tinker and can’t, or don’t have certs which can easily be taken. And yeah I’ve got a bunch of IT certs also so I get the work that goes into studying for them, but if you want to play you’ve got to have skin in the game.

I also seem to notice that us older folks have more patience, not like the instant gratification generation that has a whining breakdown when they don’t get things NOW. Our own fault for not teaching patience and learning to deal with disappointment.

Not true since arthrog purchased at the beginning of summer, and Kemper had set the ETA for the editor shown at NAMM for summer, or before.

For Stage users, it is especially important and I can understand the frustrations already with software and hardware issues, then still not having a desktop editor to set up patches by the ETA.

I personally don't mind waiting a little longer, but after WNAMM, anybody who purchased a KPA did so under the guarantee that a software editor was on the horizon.

they “guaranteed” exactly nothing. They made an estimate and we all know software gets pushed back or changed.

What was guaranteed is the product description on the Kemper Website

I’ve got stage myself and am looking forward to the editor but it didn’t affect my purchase decision at all.

No, I would rather have something that crashes once in a while and get back to recording.

I can't see that 1980 calculator screen. Amp sounds better than anything I have ever owned....

Bought it at the beginning of summer under the impression I would have an editor.

I had an awesome recording setup now I don't! Lucky for Kemper with a dedicated following and producing an awesome amp.

Sorry but I don't tell my contractors "I see you're trying real hard, no hurry"

I assume your contractors have scope of work and deliverables.
    Kemper fulfilled yours when you made your purchase, there was zero guarantees of an editor.

Tested w/ F/W 7.0.8 and just updated to 7.0.9 this morning, same result.

The master volume lights only work (change) if main out is linked.

I’ve read several places where people say if you want a constant level to FOH to either check the main out -12DB and Unlink main, or to manually set main to -16 to -18 and unlink, then use the master volume to control my monitor volume.

However, as soon as I unlink the main, the master volume lights stay where they would indicate main output to be. The knob works as expected as far as adjusting volume to monitor, send, and headphone and the display bars work. It would just be nice to have a visual with the lights on the knob.

bug, or am I missing a setting somewhere?