Posts by Marcus Siepen

If you are anything like me then most likely none of the factory presets will sound great to you. That is something I have experienced with all of my devices. Axe FX? I deleted all the factory presets, there were a few interesting ones, but nothing that would be useful for me. Kemper? Same thing, deleted pretty much every factory profile. QC? Again same thing, some interesting ones, but nothing I would use. If you want "your" sound then program your own patches.

I discovered this problem on the first day and after searching to find out if anyone else was having the same problem I found these videos that illustrate it. I agree it's not a problem in most cases, but it runs out of power suprisingly quickly when you try and run multi-amp rigs. They'll fix it I'm sure, and there will be workarounds, but at present there is definately a problem here, a problem Neural acknowledge and are working on.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

If the point is that the QC doesn't have unlimited power I absolutely agree, there are limitations, no doubt about that. Since we are talking about Firmware 1.01 there is definitely room for improvement and I am pretty sure things will improve, but yes, right now there is a limit of what you can do, as there will always be a limit. But this was not my point, I only commented because the statement given here was that the QC can only 2 two stereo delays, which is not true. Nothing more, nothing less ;) I also don't mean to praise the QC over any other device, I own it, I like it, but I also own a Kemper, a couple of Fractals and several tube amps and I like them all. And they all have limitations. The QC is not the end for the Kemper or the Axe FX, just like the Kemper was not the end for the Axe FX or the Axe FX was not the end for all tube amps. All of them are great tools, all of them deliver great sounds and all of them get the job done. Just use whatever suits you best and enjoy it.

Got mine a few days ago. Some of the captures are very good and multi amp rigs are really nice to have. However, I don't like the modelled amps much and a lot of the sounds seem to have a wierd sort of compression on them, even though there's no compression block there. It's not really a polished product yet and they seem to know that. I'd say it's about a year of updates and probably a hardware revision away from being a serious competitor for the Kemper. The "vulgar display of power" is a joke. You can run 8 stereo delays on a Kemper profile if you want and the QC runs out of power at 2.. it refuses to allow you to add any more effect blocks because it doesn't have the power to do it. They'll update it and make better use of the processors eventually, but they've massively oversold it's capabilities at present. I'm still deciding whether or not to return it and maybe come back to it in a year or so when it's much better. They're promising some big updates in the next few days, so we'll see how that goes. You kind of have to be fair to them though, it has only just launched and the Kemper is amazing now compared to how it was at launch.

I don't really know how you put together your preset, but what you are stating is not correct. I definitely don't need that many delays (stereo or mono) in a preset, but I just put together a preset on my Quad Cortex that easily runs 6 stereo delays. Yes, that is 2 less than the Kemper can do, I'll give you that, but claiming it is running out of steem after two is simply wrong.

I also have the same problem since today. I had my Kemper Stage with me in the studio yesterday, connected it to my PC again today (same cables, same USB port, same everything) and rig manager is not seeing it anymore. I updated the Kemper Stage to the latest firmware with my USB stick, but Rig manager still doesn#t see it

Thanks for explaining this, I will give it a try later tonight

Came across the same problem yesterday, when I load a rig and mark it as favorite the favourite setting gets lost as soon as I load a different rig. I am pretty sure this is a new thing, I didn't have this problem before. I didn't try to mark a rig as favorite when it is not loaded, so I can't confirm if this works, but I was able to mark any rig as favorite when my Kemper Stage was not connected to RM. This is only a workaround at best though, it doesn't really make sense to go through tons of rigs when I can't mark my favorites immediately. I am using the latest firmware and the latest version of RM by the way

Thanks a lot for clearing this up for me. My Kemper Stage is behaving exactly as Burkhard described it, so I guess it is behaving the way it is supposed to behave. I must have been mistaken, I thought I could switch between the slots in my performance without resetting the transpose settings. I will do what Burkhard suggested and add a Transpose block into one of the effect modules. Thanks again for the quick answers :)

Hi everyone, I am a new Kemper user and I think I just came across a bug in the latest official firmware (7.1.5, I am not doing the beta thing). I always use my Kemper Stage in performance mode, I am using those 5 slots for the 5 basic sounds that I need, Rhythm, Clean, Crunch, Lead and Solo. In a fun sideproject that I am doing with some friends we are playing a couple of songs that need different tunings, everything from standard E to E-flat to D. With my guitars being tuned to E-flat I always used the transpose feature in the Rig menu for all those songs. If I needed a D tuning, I just hit the rig button, set transpose to -1 and then I could use all the slots in my performance without any problems with my guitar being "tuned" to D.

Unfortunately with the latest official firmware this doesn't work anymore. Whatever I set transpose to in the rig menu, as soon as a select a different slot within my performance, the setting of transposed is reset to 0, so as soon as I switch from Rhythm to lead for example, I am kicked out of the selected tuning.

This used to work without any problems on previous firmwares, doesn anybody know if this is a known bug? Will this be fixed?

Cheers

Marcus