Posts by laraza123

For anyone using Mbritt profiles, have you noticed them to be more usable now at lower volumes with the Kabinet? Before the Kabinet, I strictly used his profiles for live situations since at lower practice volume they sounded too dark for my taste. With the Kabinet, they sound extremely good to my ear at lower db's as well!

Really? The room where my Kabinet sits and my relative position to it doesn’t allow for much more than 12:00 o'clock.

From my limited time with the Kab, I feel the need to to lower the Directivity setpoint the louder I set the Kab. At small room playing volumes I leave it at 12:00 o clock.

Its here!

In the picture, you can see the Kab alongside a Xitone Cab (also known as the Mbritt cab). Dont let the size fool you, the Kemper Kab its VERY loud for its size.

My first impression is very positive. As people has pointed out, the kab is very lightweight, and seems to be tailored for guitar players looking for portability and ease of moving and BIG sound. I dont think im going to be needing a 2x12 kone cab as I initially thought. As far a construction goes... I guess time will tell. As some of you may know, the Xitone cabs are built like tanks! The Kab is built more like a conventional guitar cab (as opposed to a PA monitor). Now, people have been talking about “amp in the room” sensation... Im not a tone savy person, but when I switched from my Fender Twin Reverb combo amp to the Kemper with the Xitone cab, although I liked what I was hearing, something felt different. I eventually got used to it and never went back and played the Twin Reverb. With the Kemper Kab, you get some of that organic feeling back (amp in the room ....whatever term you want to call it). For that im very grateful. It makes me happy to have best of both worlds, at least to some extend.

It makes me wonder why the Kemper company is being so humble and quiet about this product considering how good it is. Albeit, my only experience with the Kemper has been with the Xitone, which the general consensus is very positive as well, I think this will become an obvious defacto choice for new Kemper users looking for a “as genuine as a guitar tube amp/cab” solution.

Great Job Kemper!