Posts by smoore

Thanks for the replies, one option is indeed to do that - run the analogue outs in to the interface which would almost certainly work well - but for space and tidiness reasons I was trying to avoid having cables going in to the front of the interface.

I was also interested in trying out the digital connection, and I'm very pleased with the sound coming from the monitors.

For now I'll probably end up just living with having to launch logic before I play - probably takes no longer to launch and add a track coming from the right inputs that the Kemper takes to boot up.

Just a pain really, I may end up selling the interface and looking for something more suitable eventually.

Many thanks,

Simon

Morning all

Finally found the time to have another attempt at using the Komplete Audio 6 - with more success this time.

It is setup as:

Guitar -----> Kemper SPDIF out------> KA6 SPDIF in ------>Monitor speakers

The interface is also attached to my Mac via USB.

I can use the interface as monitors for normal audio playback from my Mac, Spotify, YouTube etc.

I can also record and hear my guitar signal using Logic.

My biggest problem now is monitoring the guitar signal without launching a DAW for general practice, something I have been doing for years using the M-Audio interface.

Am I doing something wrong or is this not an option with this setup?

Many thanks,

Simon

Did you update to a new OS (Catalina) without seeing all the emails flying around stating NOT to use Catalina yet because of the VST/driver software incompatibilities? There were many that hit my email.

Unfortunately I did, I upgraded to Catalina just before buying the interface!

Hi All

Apologies for the delay in continuing the conversation, work has been absolutely hectic so haven't really touched the Kemper for weeks.

It may be that the email I received from Native Instruments today saying the following will help me though:

Most of our products now work with macOS 10.15 Catalina

I'll have another try over the next couple days and see if that solves my issue.

Many thanks,

Simon

Hi All

Has anybody managed to set this interface up on a Mac with a Kemper via SPDIF?

I’m new to SPDIF and the Kemper, I was using an M-Audio interface no problem, but I can’t get any sound out of the interface using the SPDIF out?

Many thanks,

Simon