Posts by Steve5478

Don't know, IMO, it's already done but i assume they are working on fee Player's upgrade too (cause many waits for this too ;) :evil: ), and probably launch those two upgrades/updates at the same time....

I think they still have questions about business model, what to purpose at which price point, etc...

I don't know if Player's production is not their priority too for the moment, it's still hard to buy one...

I don't think it will happen....

Kemper already purposes 1 Passive Kabinet and 1 PowerKab....

The only other competitor who purposes "amp in the room" is L6 with Powercab familly.... There's a Powercab(1x12")/Powercab+(1x12") and a Powercab 212 (2x12").

They are all powered and the speaker sim (without mic) is in the device.... It's cool cause you can use those cabs with everymodeler on the market but there are only these three solutions.

With Kones you can built whatever cab you want and i assume Kemper won't purpose other Kemper cabs....

OK, but the comment wasn't made regarding who carries the equipment. Is the subject changing or did I miss something?

You're right ; the way to obtain this is not the subject... But it's interesting ; if guitarists use a traditionnal rig for 2 // amps/cabs will they take the plunge for a profiler ?

To answer OP's question , there are two solutions ; implemented on current Head/Rack/Stage (and i'm really curious to know how it could be set on the hardware) or launch a Kemper 2...

As you underline it, few players use parallel path (we can already have multipath with an amp and profiles to FOH ;)) .... Is that an argue to buy a new Kemper ; for me ; NO.

The question is there in all i see in "feature requests", the first one i always ask myself is ; is it able to have this in our current devices ? Kemper has updated their units in a fantastic way during the last 5 years, i don't know the limits and how they can still do improvements but i'm sure we'll have good surprises....

May be i'm not objective cause my Stage is close to perfection and i could easily live with few evolutions (i'll stay happy) and i've understood that "beautifull, cool and apealling" is not what i'm after, i would have not bought a Kemper 8o , but use and sounds :love: :thumbup:

Say differently ; Do i want to put another 700/1000€ on the table (and sell my Stage) for a Kemper 2 cause it brings parallel path, the answer for me is no way....

NB : i have nothing against features i don't use... I do photography and, as i read it, we only use 10/15% of Digital camera's capabilities ; differently.

I assume the question for Kemper is : what could motivate users to buy a new unit ? Do we maintain Head/Rack/Stage (and i'm sure Christophe cares about his babies ;) :)). IMO, he will make it last the more he can... It doesn't mean a new product can't exist ;)

Just as an FYI, because I too thought the Turbo was ridiculous, but there was a method behind it. They added the Turbo due to supply chain shortages (COVID):

Didn't know this reason... I stayed on the complaint from users on many forums with limited CPU (i assume you have to load many FXs...) and that on Fractal's website :

"The new FM3 Mark II Turbo was released in July 2023. This advanced and compact floor unit builds on the success of the original FM3, now boasting over 10% more DSP power"...

I don't know how you can advance these numbers and these conclusions ?!

Does the Profiler need more chips ? I can not tell so. All i can see is that it has been upgraded/updated through the years with the original one ; Yes !

Profiles are light and even with Imprints/Delays/Reverbs/Drives/Liquid upgrades, no need to change chip... How can we say it's cheap ?!

It's old and this tech seems enough for the Profiler ; It seems reliable too ;) That's it.... It just means C.Kemper anticipated needs ! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Can a rig support 4 parallel paths with 32 FXs blocks currently ? May be or may be not... Don't know.

Even 2 // paths, IMO it can be done but the other question would be to know if the ergonomic is enough good to install it on Head/Rack/Stage. It could be easy on Rig manager but on the hardware itself, i'm not sure.... This could be the reason to launch a K2...

I don't know if Fractal's products are a good example.... I'm not sure there's a huge difference in amps/cabs modelisation between FX 2 / FX 3....

The chip was so weak they had to launch quickly a FM3/FM9 Turbo, what a pity !! I would not have to sell a FM3/FM9;;; :rolleyes: ;(

It was too early to name them FM4/FM10 :D

To come back to OP's question, i don't know in what form this could be done, if it needs another hardware or not ?! But, imo, the main current brake is that Kemper team doesn't see the reason why to implement this feature.... They don't use to copy others just because it's done elsewhere....

For what it’s worth they’ve indicated that that’s never gonna happen. I believe because of DSP, but also be an organizational nightmare from the way everything would be laid out GUI on a unit that was not built for that.

Also, for my experience, having owned a quad cortex for a month before returning, I could never find a combination of amps to use in parallel that I liked better than any single amp combination.

Entirely agree with you !!!

I've played with modelers' parallels paths possibilities ; Wet/dry/wet ; 4 amps/cabs in //, it's fun 5 mns but you stop quickly.... At the same time, there's another guitarist in our band.

But I've never seen guitarist using rigs that way (on stage).... :/

Besides dual processing for giant amp tones or being able to dual process an instrument with mag and piezo pickups, it would be cool if a guitar and bass player could use the Kemper simultaneously for a recording.

Would it be convenient to set it ? I've tried that with Helix and a second path for another guitarist, it's not practical at all....

IMO, for recording, plugins are more efficient or a solution where everyone has their own device.... and IMO, Kemper prefer sells 2 devices instead of one ;) :)

Nobody gigs for a living anymore 🤦‍♂️ Those days are long gone. Its all about YouTube/Instagram/TickTock views and advertising revenue now. I’m pretty sure they beta tested with a lot of “influencers” so live use never really raised its ugly head. The market for people playing at home is probably exponentially greater than the market for people actually gigging so their decision is that baffling to me. Although the QC wouldn’t work for me, and I don’t personally like the Neural plugins that I’ve tried, I can see how they could have arrived at their design decisions.

I won't criticize this unit cause i've never tried it.... And don't know if i could not get used to this tiny box !?

But it's interesting to say that it's done for geeks or Utubers.... The first thing i do when a new unit is announced is to jump on Utube to watch vids about it (them). And the least i can say, is that a lot of ones are not made in the appropriate case the hardwares were done for. To be fair, i've watched Profiler Stage's first Vids made by many different Utubers and a lot of them are made with the Stage elevated from the ground on a desk or on a stand....And switches are pushed by fingers :) ;)

I assume with its touchscreen and its turning parameters buttons/switches, QC's tests are the same....

Many poeple like QC form factor to put it down on their desks....

As always, you have to find the unit that suits best for you following your needs, and sometimes it's hard to X/ ;(

I've reached my goal with Kemper Stage <3

I have always been fine with amp snapshots, using the stock Kemper EQ and gain to tweek. I really don't have much need /*/for amplifier liquid profiling. Yes it's cool, but not needed.

What I think would be better implemented is Liquid FX profiling of popular and vintage modulation FX. Example: M117 Fanger, Electric Mistress, ADA flanger, Phase 45/90/100, Boss chorus CE1, CE2.

Isn't it the case today ?

Kemper's Stack are closer to an IR, i mean, it's a fixed "picture"/snapshot of an amp+cab+mic.... You can play with parameters to modify the sound but not the way you do with an actual amp (or a modeler).

Liquid has been launched to fill this gap.

For FXs, you've got exactly the same as on real pedals.... The only difference is that, instead of having 6 different wah wahs, delays, etc... Kemper offers all the settings in one FX with no limit to encompass all the possibilities. They already offer "808 mid" "CE1" settings. So, IMO, it's already a "Liquid" or "modeling" FX ?!

Maybe i'm wrong, don't know....

Would you like to have closer FXs sims ? For Example ; This type of chorus has got only two buttons, the deep goes from .... to .... and the rate from ..... to ..... limits....

Essaye directement le branchement du Kemper dans tes enceintes de monitoring, ce sera le plus simple et tu pourras avoir un résultat immédiatement... Faut juste partir des main output du Kemper et entrer dans les inputs de tes enceintes. Il faut régler dans le block output : Master stéréo mais je crois que c'est le réglage par défaut. Ensuite, s'amuser et faire des essais d'effets/réglages...

Pour le hx fx, il est plus adapté à un câblage avec ampli traditionnel... C'est moins simple....

Il n'y a pas de problème, je n'attends rien en retour, juste le plaisir de savoir que mes conseils auront pu aider quelqu'un. J'ai même fait une visio avec un possesseur de l'Helix il y a peu pour échanger ;) :)

On a une passion commune et je me suis appuyé sur l'expérience d'autres personnes qui ont sû me transmettre leurs connaissances pour à mon tour les partager...

Maintenant, en affaire de sons, il y a la théorie (qui nous fait largement avancer plus vite, dont le maniement des bestioles) et on a le droit de sortir des sentiers battus pour découvrir/créer d'autres sonorités.

Oui, tu peux brancher ton ampli Orange d'un côté (Attention à bien utiliser un câble speaker qui accepte le courant contrairement à un câble instrument), et le Laney de l'autre... Par contre, je n'ai pas le head donc je ne sais pas si c'est possible de lui dire "stéréo" sur ces deux sorties ?!

Pour le Orange , il faudra que tu coche "Cab Off" et pas "Kone". Le son du côté Orange changera moins car l'enceinte a une incidence importante sur le rendu sonore

Sinon, je vois que tu as des enceintes de monitoring. Tu pourrais t'éclater avec ton son stéréo dessus. Je joue à la maison avec une de mes enceintes de monitoring, ça convient très bien. ;) J'imagine qu'elle a des entrées Jack ou XLR, du main output du Kemper à chaque enceinte et roule !!!! :thumbup:

Pour le branchement à ta carte et faire de l'enregistrement, c'est simple aussi (directe carte son), je n'ai pas essayé avec l'audio intégré depuis peu directe ordi et j'avais acheté une carte son également mais le plus dur , c'est davantage les logiciels d'enregistrement, etc....

Il est possible de profiler des pédales , mais le plus souvent c'est une pédale de disto, overdride ou préamp devant un ampli.

Oui, le souci est là avec les pédales profilées ; elles sont liés à un ampli également profilé, donc ça veut dire qu'il faut trouver l'ampli qu'on veut avec la/les pédales devant qu'on souhaite et le tout réglé comme on aime ; autant dire pas forcément facile à trouver....

Sinon, pour les effets (la plupart), il faut descendre dans les menus et pour une drive par exemple, tu descends jusqu'au type de drive "reproduite". Mais en fait, la façon dont travaille Kemper pour ses effets est un peu à l'inverse des autres modélisateurs. Sur un modélisateur, ils ont modélisé un type de pédale, reproduit exactement les mêmes boutons que l'on trouve sur la vraie et appliqué les minis/maxis de chaque bouton.

Kemper fait les choses différemment, ils créent une seule drive qui va balayer toutes celles existantes....Voir même certaines qui n'existent pas.

Pour la Wah, c'est pareil, en fait dans le Kemper, il n'y a qu'une seule Wah. Faudrait faire une recherche sur le forum mais quelqu'un a listé les réglages et la wah réelle à laquelle ça correspond....

A powered monitor speaker should do the job.

Power strips and power outlets should be grounded, but that doesn't help, since the original power supply isn't.

Thanx a lot, i've tried it yesterday night and it works :thumbup:

I connected the XLR output to my monitor which was connected to the power outlet (monitor turn in off position). I got rid of the annoying buzz sound !!!

I tried just to connect the XLR to the player (not connected to the monitor), the noise was coming back. It's boring to have to cable everything even if i don't use my monitor speaker but so pleased to have a good sound !!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I’m not sure why so many people insist on telling the OP why they’re ‘wrong’ for wanting this. That they’re ’doing it wrong’.

They want it….you don’t.

So what?

It's not a question of wrong or right....

The OP seems young in Kemperworld, i just wanted to explain that the triple zero settings means nothing ; it just indicates that there was no change after profiling....

If i say : i've got my rig set at B-3; M+1 and T@+0.5, does it mean you can take any rig and set it that way ? NO, i'll be asked quickly what rig amoung the thousands that exist i talk about. I can have a rig with those settings ans applicate the same to the next one, it will be awful.

At the opposite, if i use a Kemper effect, i can tell how i set it and everybody will be able to reproduce exactly the same thing....

I'm just asking to understand added value and telling how it works....

There are a lot of things i don't use in Kemper but i understand what it was integrated for....

True. But we use your wonderful products in so many situations where you can't trust your ears. Or don't have time to. Sometimes your drummer asks you to add a bit of top end, and then you know that typically means adding 0.3. And then it is helpful to see the starting point without having to move the dial first. Please just acknowledge that people have different needs. Please :)

This is exactly what i don't catch !

If you see already the screen with values and see that the top end is at 0.6, do you turn towards the drummer and say him : "i won't change anything cause i've already pushed this parameter" ? Or you turn the button to cut the mix ?

J'allais dire que c'était simple ; juste partir des deux jacks "main output" mais, en fait, en y réfléchissant, ça ne va pas se faire facilement.

Le Laney marche en FRFR (donc la sortie main output est celle qu'il faut utiliser) alors que le Kabinet doit être obligatoirement branché à la sortie monitor output car seule cette sortie peut être configurée sur la position "Kone" même si tu veux faire du FRFR via le Kabinet ; la conception du Kone est spécifique et Kemper a développé un paramétrage exprès pour cet ampli. Faudrait éventuellement vérifier si il y a un réglage "master stéréo" sur la sortie monitor output. Si c'est le cas, partir de cette sortie avec ce réglage et partir de la sortie main output vers le Laney avec le même réglage et ensuite voir quel côté correspond à l'opposé du Kabinet....

Pour ton enceinte Orange, tu ne pourras pas brancher le Kabinet et celle-ci en même temps si je ne ma trompe pas ces deux sorties ont le même paramétrage. Ta sortie amplifiée peut alimenter un Kabinet sans ampli (l'enceinte Orange dans ton cas). Du coup, si tu as le PowerKabinet sur la sortie monitor et l'Orange sur la sortie speaker output, tu ne pourras pas avoir "Kone" d'un côté et pas Kone de l'autre.

Y'a des essais à faire mais vu que tes enceintes sont complétement hétérogènes, ça ne va pas le faire simplement.

Après, beaucoup ici ne conseillent pas forcément le stéréo ou le multi enceinte.... Ca le fait à la maison ou pour le public vraiment au milieu mais pour les autres, c'est vite embêtant, ils n'ont qu'une partie du son d'après ce que j'ai pu comprendre.

Your device must be very old.

I've got a Samsung Tab A6 i've bought years ago, Rig manager works perfectly on it. At its launch, Android 6.0 Marshmallow was installed, i assume it has been updated since....I don't know which version runs on my tab today !?

It was a totally different story with my iphone 6 ; no comment :rolleyes: :thumbdown: :cursing:

Can't install apps or Updates are blocked cause your device is too old (even if it works perfectly).... And apps are not done for the past iOS you've got --> thanks to programmed obsolescence --> Byby Apple ! :evil: :cursing:

I've got an android smartphone now 8o