Posts by Steve5478

Masters hate me and I love it. I bring up everyday user problems we are having and they just want to dismiss it. But just know I’ll be here to point it out till they kick me off.

Many of us answered your question without bashing or something....

It could be cool to know if you've read what we wrote, what you think about it or to know if i (we) 've wasted my time....

There will still be a reason to make multiple Studio Profiles of an amplifier. Microphone choice and placement will continue to have a great influence on the sound of a profile.

I agree with you and don't want to play with EQ to do this but i don't think it's done for the moment....

* removed by mod * i don't think that profiles sellers are playing with this criteria....

There are already lots of profiles to change bass/mid/treble/gain button position, changing channels, vibrato, etc, put a drive/boost/disto in front of the amp, eventually they change the speaker ; creamback to greenback, etc... But i think they have/had a protocol with a particulary kind of microphone and exactly the same position/angle to have a repetitive and reliable process.

As Liquid profiles will be able to reduce rigs number, i assume this could be an opportunity to work on that ?!

It’s the room that changes. Bing bong! That’s why you adjust the knobs. Thoughts?

What buttons are we talking about ?

As you underline, the room changes sounds, i assume you tweak parameters on the mix table for recorded music Too ?!

Kemper only needs 1/2 XLR cables, job done.....The rest is soundguy's job....

I wouldn't like to be misunderstood and no offense to OP... As i wrote, i was in the exact same thought...

I don't want to open a battle between traditional combo vs multi-fx/digital world or one with bad players with excellent devices vs virtuosos with bad equipment... I assume there's a geek part in every one of us as we own a Kemper....We moved forward the conservative rig... We are curious and like to explore new territories....8)

I just wanted to say that my Stage fills all specifications i was looking for ;

- Amp sound/feeling <3

- All-in one solution

- Versatile

- Ergonomic

- Simple

All updates are just fantastic, and don't change things above.... I think if a new Kemper product is launched we won't be lost too ;)....

But i'm more on the "what for ?" :?::?:

I don't understand the "i want more processing power" for example. I'm not an IT ingineer and i don't care about how all that stuff works,

I'm just a user. IMO, if you miss something, just tell it and the team will do its job to find the solution.... I just don't catch what this kind of improvment would change ?! It's more concret to know that you want ; 6 delays in parallel, etc....

Now, Kemper has to live and free updates could be a strange business model :/8o

On the other hand, They can signify they're on another business model with an "eternal" plateform that evolves all over the years, meaning ; "come and buy our devices it will last forever" (or for a long long time), don't be afraid that it becomes obsolete sooner ; it won't"

They could link the best of the two worlds (traditional rig/digital world)....And for the moment this is the the route they take :thumbup:<3

Liquid Profiling and feature plus an updated 2023 hardware with USB 3 for lower latency, 96khz , new colour screen, more processing power and memory for more effects and more detailed effects please. I would like to buy a new Kemper. Really you guys should get people excited to want to buy a new one....

I got less money than before and don't want to buy a new Kemper.

I had tried a lot of devices during 4 years and fed up with this consumerist spiral... I just realised that buying new stuffs won't make me play as Jimi...

My Stage is old-fashionned since day one with its little screen and what is the problem ? I knew it when i bought it....There was a lot of modelers with beautiful screens. I had a Helix before and with sunny weather, i see easier what's on my Kemper's screen, and i won't put 1000$ on the table just for a screen...

I think that new devices will be outdated faster ; the Headrush familly already suffers with "Prime" launch...If you compare...Just stop doing it...You'll be happier and less frustrated...

Fender Twin are old since 60 years....:D

Honestly, i had to (want to) rationalized my gear park and found really what i was looking for (THE SOUND) :love:

This investment was pretty expensive but i really like to see that it's always improved update after update for free without buying new hardware:thumbup: (Thank you @CK, we are talking about ecology and i really respect this philosophy)

The only reason i would like to buy a new Kemper would be to have a backup (just in case)....But 1000/1500$ for a backup for a non-professional musicien is just luxury (got a Nux MG30 for this). A Stage at home may already be luxury for me :/:thumbup:8o

So 'Liquid Profiling' will allow both amp capture and also for example gain stage/tone stack capture....so those 'sweet spots' should carry over as well in the same way that they exist on a valve amp right ???

As i understand it, some amp has been modeled, so you'll have to tell which one you use (Marshall, Fender, Vox, etc...) and when you'll play with Bass/mid/treble, the behaviors will be the same as your amp.... For Gain, you'll just have to inform the gain position....

You are entirely right ! :thumbup:

When will we be able to play with Liquid Profiles ? :saint::evil::?:;)^^

What exactly are you referring to when you say "The fractal in my opinion though has far superior effects?" I see this all the time with no detailed information on this.

I find the effects in the Kemper to be as good as the Fractal effects. Are you referring to the more obscure effects that the Kemper does not have?

I see it for Helix too, but i don"t find delay and reverb better.... I think, just a question of preference or the number ?!

Okay. I just read the Fractal forum and can see, that their CEO, himself, posted that the Liquid Profiling is infringing on his patent. If that ends up being true, might it not be a problem? I guess they will just settle.

I’m actually not worried about this so-called infringement. I believe that Kemper has made some adjustments and that it technically isn’t the same. Kemper is known for all but stealing others ideas, so it might be its totally own thing in the end.

Just a few words about this but i won't expand on the subject cause this is exactly what is intended.... To make buzz and make think it's true on the web... :thumbdown:

In fact, I really don't mind about it and that's not my problem at all, forums are not there to replace justice.

If there's a patent problem, just go to court ! (And i don't have knowledges to know who's right)

I had the same interogation about Tonex/QC/Headrush prime amps profiling but if there's a matter, i assume Kemper will know how to protect their technology....

Just impatient to see and use this new update :!: ;)

It reminds me an advice i read for photography ; don't buy a brand new camera just before doing a trip to the other side of the world....

It means ; use the one you know.

You've never done shows before, so you'll be stressed, don't add complications with a device you don't master.

Finally explained how to link all together....It's pretty simple but you have to set it too ("unlink volume"), and he didn't talk about "imprints" ;)

You will have time after your shows to make tests..

As advices above, i 'd tell you to invest into a FRFR system (monitor or PA).

The fact is that the speaker is an important part of the sound, and with your greenback you'll lose versatility cause the color of your sound will stay the same...+ amp color in your case....

I don't know if Howard has done so but it could be interesting to compare a combo side by side with the same Kemper's profile.... Just to see...

I know sometimes i dislike my sound even in the same room, same guitar, same profile, same pickups position, tone, volume....The day after i love it ^^?(

I don't want to be pessimistic, but i think Kemper is just not for you...

Honestly with all the attempts you made it should work now...And you haven't try all that with low end devices.....

It reminds me when i had my Helix before....I had bought a Variax and a Powercab+, so i had all the L6's chain devices, i tried all i could do to improve more and more my "amp in the room sound"... But was not satisfied with home's sound....For the audience, i know it sounded good...But it was still missing something for me and i couldn't help stopping tweaking parameters....

I will never say Helix is a bad modeler, it was just not for me....

The day i received my Kemper Stage, i felt immediatly that i was on something else that brought me this little thing....

I really take pleasure playing with it whatever the situation.....

I have some gigs (one next week) and i think i'm on 8.4 or 8.5 version. I was about to upgrade but before a gig, don't want to, if everything's OK and the new update brings nothing, i don't see the reason why i would do so....

I'll update sooner for the 9.0 version ;)

I hope your truck is convertible,

It could give that ;

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

;)

My avatar is a Patriot (it was really difficult to find it here in France cause there are few dealers) and i finally find a used one (i was very lucky 8))

I disliked the low end PU's sound but love this guitar's appearence :love: in blue/sand ! I swaped them.... On the other hand, there is the same model with different PU....