Posts by PoweredToastMan

Thank you for pointing me to the correct file. No wonder I did not see it. I downloaded the wrong manual.

I needed 8.5 as stated above. Thank you for that.

I set the output of Main to -12db. In the "Output Volumes" section, i have only one checkbox checked "Monitor Out Link"

Is this the correct way to set it? Is Monitor Out and Speaker out the same thing?

thank you all for your help. My vision is not the best anymore.

I am thinking of using the other Kemper for Bass. I am sure i could profile some good bass amps.

There may even be many floating out there already.

I usually use my Kemper at my home studio, so was wondering if anyone could help me with the settings that would let me do what is in the title.

I know from a while back that on my Kemper, the power amp was off, so i had to first go into the output settings to make sure it was on.

Im now trying to set up my guitarists Kemper and the output menu has drastically changed. there is now "Livew/ Guitar cab" as a choice in output,

but not sure if the power amp is on or off. I think the menus have changed.

Is anyone running a Kemper and using the Main XLR to FOH at say -12db, then taking a Speaker out to a guitar cab "and somehow turn off cab sim on that"

and of course, there used to be a setting that would let me set the master volume to only control his Guitar cab volume from the speaker out. That way he won't mess with

the sound guys level.

I read the manual again, but i am seeing different things on the screen now. I believe the settings may have changed when the software/firmware updated to the latest.

That must have been it. I checked and it was changed to "Master Right".

IF i was checking out profiles and changing them in the software editor, would that have changed a setting like this?

I need to keep this in mind.

Thank you for pointing this out.

It must have been set correctly before.

Im going to test it now to be sure its all good.

I need to learn all the "in's and Outs" of this thing.

I came from Axe FX III, so i enjoy playing now instead of tweaking. But I must learn how to tweak with this as well. At least the settings.

I have been playing around with the TITAN Audio Profiles made by Zach Householder of White Chapel. The 6505 with Fortin 33 drive and Marshall cab with T75s. Awesome sound for the High gain stuff I am working on now. That dude has a great collection of Amps. The 6505 is pure gold.

I must have changed a setting by accident. Last recording i did, the level of the XLR Main outs was good "amp sound"

The Direct out as per usual, had a much lower level so i trusted it. However, when i listened back to the tracks, the Direct/reamp track had the same distortion sound as the main tracks only with a lower volume. What have i done? I must have a setting wrong.

Greetings,

The Kemper has many outputs, it has a "direct" output for dry tracking, and for the wet it has a stereo pair XLR, no need for a DI Box

I use the XLR direct to my interface as well as the "direct" 1/4 to my interface for the dry/reamp track.

Hope this helps. I am still trying to learn all the cool things this Powered Toaster can do.

Recently, i have been getting distortion from my direct out, so going to post my own question on how to get that taken care of.

I must have changed a setting I was not supposed to.

I keep hearing clean dry signal mixed in with my amped sound when playing and recording. how can i make the re / amp direct out "silent"? i been fiddling for a while now but can't figure it out. The amped sound is great, but sometimes I use a plugin along side with effects and for that a dry signal. Can someone share with me how they go about setting up the Power Head to record both Direct out and Dry? both going straight into the interface.

I have a truckload of profiles from Jan through March, however, since then i went from windows 7 to windows 10 due to new rig manager not running on 7.

Now i cant see a way to drag and drop my profiles to the new rig manager, I create a folder and try to drag and drop to it but it is not letting me. The olde, ghost buster's cross out is visible unless i put it in my local library. The only ones that would go in were the Fortin MESHUGGAH profiles. All the Titan profiles i purchases are not going in. It says " The kemper did not find any suitable files to import?" What is going on? can someone enlighten me?

I have yet to gig with my kemper. I have a Carvin 12 powered PA with an internal horn. I am still trying to figure out how to send one mono signal to FOH and also have this powered puppy on stage to give me a sense of an amp behind me that i can control separately. I think i may need to foot controller as well.

The EQ trick really worked for me with Line 6 and Axe FX II, Have not tried with my Kemper yet but still trying to find my way around.

I hope this helps all of you. This forum has been very kind to me giving me tips and suggestions on how to use my new Powered Toaster.

I want to help others in return.

Let me know if you guys have success with it.

Cheers,

Allowing for the Fletcher Munson Curve:

All you need is 4 bands of EQ. This can be internal to the Kemper or an external Pedal.

Build Patch without any EQ that sound good at low volume:

When You Go Loud Apply the EQ as Follows:

1 = 150 HZ - 12.8db

2 = 3.95 kHz + 3.6db8)8)8)8)8)

3 = 8.0 kHz - 7.7db

4 = 9.3 kHz - 12.6db

The Other Way is to Build the Patches that sound good at low volume with EQ ON:

Build Patch with this EQ on:

1 = 150 hz + 12.8db

2 = 3.95 kHz - 3.6db

3 = 8.0 kHz + 7.7db

4 = 9.3 kHz + 12.6db

Then when you play Loud Just Turn The EQ OFF!!! and you're at least close enough for Rock N Roll

Hope this helps. This was a tip given to me a long time ago back in my Line 6 days, but it always works when going from bedroom volume to gig volume.

I am pretty sure this should work even with Axe-FX, Kemper as well

Cheers,

PoweredToastMan8)8)8)

well its good the kemper is getting us to play more. I finished writing more songs so am now practicing to record 10 new songs. Im so happy with the tone i may not bother recording a re amp track

i purchased Replicant Audio American Metal Classics pack. Shot with Zach Householder of White Chapel. Those are spot on. 8) long ago i listened to this guy when i had my Pod HD500. His patches seem to sound better for him. With the AMC pack i cheated a bit. Zach and I both use Dimarzio D Activator pickups. I guess it matters what pickups were used to shoot the profiles.

I have no idea what pickups Glen used to make his profiles but you will most likely have the best result if your guitar has the same pups in it.

i will try this. My direct out seems louder thsn my main out. The re amp track is +3 and main is -6 in my DAW. Thats another thing im tryi nv to balance. I know the direct should be quiet as it gets boosted w amp sim added later.

im going to save up for the pedal to go with the toaster. Since my PA Speaker is powered, I prob wont be able to control its volume unless i reach behind it and grab the tiny controls on the back. thats a pain in the arse on a dark stage. Maybe i should get an Un powered pa and run out of th power amp out. or maybe i am misunderstanding you. do you mean I can set the main volume control to control Monitor out? thus can use my powered PA, then send the main outs to FOH??

The CARVIN is a PA speaker so I am guessing it will be an honest representation of what will go to FOH. I can set up my profiles using that.

Only thing is, I wanted to set up my speaker to act like an amp behind me. And then take the main out to the FOH, I just dont want to have to control the volume on the back of the powered PA, Maybe I should invest in a NON powered PA and run out of the POWER SUPPLY to the non powered PA speaker for my "amp" and then give the main outs to FOH? Just dont know which to try or what to buy.

I am going to save up for the kemper foot controller for sure.

Ingolf, since jamming on my Kemper, I have written 6 new songs, when I reach 10 songs, I will record the first full length effort in almost 9 years. I am loving my Powered Toaster. I purchased 2 packs. TITAN American Metal Classics, profiled by Zach Householder of White Chapel, and FORTIN MESHUGGAH pack (almost 50 or so profiles) So far the Metal classics are where its at for me. I chose a Mesa Dual Rec, with a fortin 33 boost pedal up front. Lucky for me Zach uses Dimarzio D Activator pickups and that's what is in most of my guitars. The profiles sound just like they should. The new recording will be profiles from the Metal Classics pack. I highly recommend them for heavy sounds. There is a great clean from a 5150 on there as well. All I did was lower the gain slightly, and minor EQ, that was it. saved to the KEMPER with my tweaks. DONE!!!!!!! Now to practice the hell out of the material, and come up with 4 more tunes. I gotta get busy, INGOLF said i gotta make up for lost time. He is right. Thanks to KEMPER, I am finally home.

POOOOWWWEEEEERRREEDDD TOOOOAAAASSSTTTT MAAAAANNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!