Posts by CarloLf

..ist schon immer sehr viel gain drauf aber dadurch zerrt das Profil nicht wirklich mehr sondan wird extrem undefiniert.

Das ist auf meine Erfahrung. Bei vielen Profilen ist für meinen Geschmack viel zu viel Gain drauf. Und das macht den Sound harsch, matschig und undefiniert. Ich staunte immer wieder, wie gut ein Amp-Profil nach dem Amp klingt, für das es gemacht wurde, wenn man den Gain richtig runter dreht. Zerre etc. kann ich mit Overdrive, Distortion etc selber nach meinem Gusto hinzufügen.

Hab kein Kone und KPA Cabinet, also wollte ich die Koneeinstellungen mal mit meiner yamaha DXR10 probieren und hatte keine wirklichen Erwartungen.

Hab den Sound mit den Studioboxen und Kopfhörern mit der DXR10 im A/B Test verglichen und kann sagen nachdem ich folgende Einstellungen probiert habe, klingt das richtig geil ...

Jetzt im ersten Test mit der Koneeinstellung hat der Sound richtig Eier, AMP in the Room beschreiben es die meisten.

Ich habe das mit meiner Headrush-112 auch probiert. Meine Erfahrung: schrecklicher Sound, der Wums meiner Profile löst sich in viel zu viel Brillianz auf. Den Profilen wird ja auch genommen, womit sie gemacht wurden. Von daher gesehen: das Gegenteil von dem, was die Alleinstellung des Kemper ausmacht.

People make different experiences, obviously. I have a Headrush-112 and never had the impression of too much bass. On the contrary, as you said: "thin and lifeless and very trebly" - depending on the profiles. Mostly, profiles (commercial or free) I tried came with way too much gain (for classic rock sounds), and they seemed muddy, frizzly. I always put down the gain until I hear the real sound of the amp. And this estonishing, what the Kemper is able to do. Then I make my own sound of a profile I may like. Adding some more gain as the clean profile, boost, soft shaper or distortion then makes a good sound for lead. And one other thing I noticed: to sound good, the Headrush must be supplied by enough amp or output volume, or it's own volume must pushed a bit.

performance issues

What kind of issues do talk about? Severe problems? Or some minor problems which are easy correctable? I myself do not have severe problems. Two days ago while copying from local library and presets to a performance slot I got a software exception two times, needed to reboot two times my Stage. But finally, I got it to work. So, my impression: in the whole, OS 7.2.2 has no severe problems.

Most profiles I tried - coming from RigExchange or other free profiles - usually are not what I was looking for. So, garbage them. For the rest I try with same tweaks; first of all: get rid of all effects which are ON by their defaults. Then, I like to hear them with low or no gain: for what I'm searching for is the amps real tones, and these do no show up with to much gain. And often, I turn on more volume on the amp.

Of course, this is what I as a classic rock player want to hear. For metal fans, this does not apply. Then, if I want an overdriven or distorted sound, I retry with gain up and trying overdrive / distortion. Or go on with compression and / or EQ applied. So in the end, what I am effectivly using in performances is all tweaked for my desires.

Ich kann mich des Eindrucks nicht erwehren: "Es geht ein Gespenst um in der Kemper-Welt". Und alle, die bislang auf die originale, hundertprozentige Wiedergabe der Amps und Boxen der Profile geschworen haben, meinen jetzt, nur die Kone Speaker bringen es wirklich und echt.

Ich habe den Eindruck, in den Foren schreiben hauptsächlich tone junkies, ständig hinterher nach dem neuesten Kick. Der es dann erst mal wieder ist, und das muss mit einem Halleluja in die Welt gepostet werden. Bis zum nächsten big thing.

der aber ihm - unabhängig vom Cabinet-Modell - den Frequenzgang eines von 19 klassischen Gitarrenlautsprechern aufzudrücken

geht aber auch sonst mit jeder FRFR-Box. Cab-Module gibt es ja ungeheuer viele, und in der Tat, der Sound eines Profils ändert sich u.U. sehr stark, wenn man es mit einem anderen Cab verbindet. Ob der Kemper-Kone hier noch besser ist? Keine Ahnung. Für Kemper ist es natürlich ein neues Geschäftsfeld, und das wird natürlich auch mit entsprechenden Marketingaussagen garniert. Da man mit dem Profiler einen guten Namen hat, kann man noch eins drauf setzen.

Today I made another profile of my Cream-JTA with Egnater Tourmaster 2x12. You will find it at RigExchange under the name "Cream-JTA-45-3".

I just wanted to create another tone from the amp with more gain as before. Of course, this is not high gain, because this is not a high gain amp anyway. But, with the "high treble" input turned up to 15, "normal" input to 12 - both bridged by patch cable - you can make the amp very crunchy. Maybe you will like it.

I have a simple question to those who consider themselves as Kemper professional or experts. Often, I read from users talking in forums about some profile which will work best for humbuckers or, on the other side, for single coils.

Now, I know, a Profile made by the Kemper, is not based on a guitar sound produced by intensively playing a guitar through the amp, where some microphone is listening and the profiler somehow records this. No, the Kemper itself is doing some action on the amp producing horrible noise, and it is by this, it is producing a profile(by some unknown algorithms). Ok, I know, after this basic step of evaluating a amp, you can give the Kemper analyzer some additional hints if you playing something on your guitar. Further, I know, the amp settings before profiling can be very different and they can be set by the profiling person for the desired sounds for a humbucker guitar or a single coil guitar. And, of course, you can set up the amp producing low, middle or high gain. These gain settings are very well reproduced by the Kemper, as I know from own experience.

But after all: How important are these settings for the resulting profile, for the base tone of the profile? How important is the step where you give the profiler some hints by playing on guitar?

Coming back to what users are writing, I simply got the impression that there are great myths around Kemper profiles. Myths cared with love by users, and of course, by sellers. This is not very different from what I read over the years from guitarists (or testers) about their guitars, amps, cabs, effects and so on. All these impressions describing sounds are very subjective. It is repeated by Kemper users on forums.

The question is: what is the rational considering my initial question?

Lots of confusion on the language - what the difference is between a "profile" and a "Rig" and a "performance" ? P

Well remember, Kemper is a profiler, so a "profile" was created from a real amp (with some settings on it). Then, when you add some effects on this "profile", like reverb, delay, distortion and so on, you making a "rig" out of the profile. Now putting this rig in to performance mode on some bank and slot, you creating a "performance". This performance may have different rigs on all 5 slots, which are assigned to the foot switches.

thank you guys for the appreciation. My profiling was just done to test if and how it works for me as a newbie. And to make a kind of backup before selling the amp.

Really some hardware / driver problem, hard to detect what is the cause. The message tells you it came out from kemper.sys. But it will be the PC hardware and the OS interacting with the Kemper driver.

I had this problem 5 or 6 years ago sometimes with an older PC and could not detect the real cause. I guess your PC is to old, your Windows system also.

I'm feeling more a more like saying "profiles don't matter".

So many opinions, so apparently different ears! More and more I get the impression: give a damm to all those guys telling you what is good, what is bad and what you need.
    And on the other hand: I am kinda of the same. I tested hundreds of profiles and I am telling you, most sound horrible to me (at least, when not tweaking).

Ich würde im Proberaum nicht unbedingt in die PA gehen. Besser ist eine richtige FRFR Aktivbox wie Headrush 112, hat ordentlich Power. Im stundenweise angemieteten Proberaum gehe ich aber mit Monitor Out an den Return-Eingang eines Boss Katana, der an einer Marshal 2x12 hängt.

PA bzw. Master Out ist natürlich wichtig für Live-Auftritte, wenn alles über die PA abgenommen wird. Dann extra anpassen.