Posts by CarloLf

Today I made another profile of my Cream-JTA with Egnater Tourmaster 2x12. You will find it at RigExchange under the name "Cream-JTA-45-3".

I just wanted to create another tone from the amp with more gain as before. Of course, this is not high gain, because this is not a high gain amp anyway. But, with the "high treble" input turned up to 15, "normal" input to 12 - both bridged by patch cable - you can make the amp very crunchy. Maybe you will like it.

I have a simple question to those who consider themselves as Kemper professional or experts. Often, I read from users talking in forums about some profile which will work best for humbuckers or, on the other side, for single coils.

Now, I know, a Profile made by the Kemper, is not based on a guitar sound produced by intensively playing a guitar through the amp, where some microphone is listening and the profiler somehow records this. No, the Kemper itself is doing some action on the amp producing horrible noise, and it is by this, it is producing a profile(by some unknown algorithms). Ok, I know, after this basic step of evaluating a amp, you can give the Kemper analyzer some additional hints if you playing something on your guitar. Further, I know, the amp settings before profiling can be very different and they can be set by the profiling person for the desired sounds for a humbucker guitar or a single coil guitar. And, of course, you can set up the amp producing low, middle or high gain. These gain settings are very well reproduced by the Kemper, as I know from own experience.

But after all: How important are these settings for the resulting profile, for the base tone of the profile? How important is the step where you give the profiler some hints by playing on guitar?

Coming back to what users are writing, I simply got the impression that there are great myths around Kemper profiles. Myths cared with love by users, and of course, by sellers. This is not very different from what I read over the years from guitarists (or testers) about their guitars, amps, cabs, effects and so on. All these impressions describing sounds are very subjective. It is repeated by Kemper users on forums.

The question is: what is the rational considering my initial question?

Lots of confusion on the language - what the difference is between a "profile" and a "Rig" and a "performance" ? P

Well remember, Kemper is a profiler, so a "profile" was created from a real amp (with some settings on it). Then, when you add some effects on this "profile", like reverb, delay, distortion and so on, you making a "rig" out of the profile. Now putting this rig in to performance mode on some bank and slot, you creating a "performance". This performance may have different rigs on all 5 slots, which are assigned to the foot switches.

thank you guys for the appreciation. My profiling was just done to test if and how it works for me as a newbie. And to make a kind of backup before selling the amp.

Really some hardware / driver problem, hard to detect what is the cause. The message tells you it came out from kemper.sys. But it will be the PC hardware and the OS interacting with the Kemper driver.

I had this problem 5 or 6 years ago sometimes with an older PC and could not detect the real cause. I guess your PC is to old, your Windows system also.

I'm feeling more a more like saying "profiles don't matter".

So many opinions, so apparently different ears! More and more I get the impression: give a damm to all those guys telling you what is good, what is bad and what you need.
    And on the other hand: I am kinda of the same. I tested hundreds of profiles and I am telling you, most sound horrible to me (at least, when not tweaking).

Ich würde im Proberaum nicht unbedingt in die PA gehen. Besser ist eine richtige FRFR Aktivbox wie Headrush 112, hat ordentlich Power. Im stundenweise angemieteten Proberaum gehe ich aber mit Monitor Out an den Return-Eingang eines Boss Katana, der an einer Marshal 2x12 hängt.

PA bzw. Master Out ist natürlich wichtig für Live-Auftritte, wenn alles über die PA abgenommen wird. Dann extra anpassen.

Every amp profile sounds good but kind of similar. Not exactly the same, but somehow like they are loosing their character.

This also is my impression when profiles

- have too much gain

- distortion is used.

Turning down the volume of the guitar and turning distortion off, profiles begin to shine and comparing different profiles show their real souls.

That said, I'm still searching and tweaking different profiles to get a good clean but crunchy tone at high volume output.

And I'm not sure if this is a problem with the Headrush FRFR box I have. Connecting the Kemper to a clean Fender (Super Champ XD) with neutral EQ shows not really a difference.

als ob der RM die Datenbank des Kempers nicht lesen kann da er keine Verbindung aufbauen kann.

oh, das ist jetzt aber rein Fantasie!

"ToolStripDropDownItem" ist eine reine GUI-Funktion, völlig losgelöst von Datenbank oder Verbindungsaufbau. (Sorry, ich habe berufliche Softwareerfahrung).

When in Performance Mode, if I turn on an fx switch, then switch to a different rig within that performance, then go back to that same rig, the fx is still on. It does not revert back to the original state of the rig. However, if I switch to a different performance all together, then go back to that performance, the rig does revert back to its original state.

This is a good thing. Selecting another slot/footswitch on a performance when done some changes, then going back and getting the changed values is nice. The only thing one must know: changing the performance itself and not saving before will loose your changes.

ok, dies ist ein klarer Bug - bei Kemper melden. Er ist aber relativ harmlos, weil man den "Weiter"-Button drücken kann. Die "OnDropDownOpening"-Funktion sollte/wollte wohl etwas im Editor darstellen? Einfach anderswohin gehen, zurück und nochmal probieren?