Posts by CarloLf

The british band Thunder made an interesting version of the Stones title 'Gimme Shelter' (see

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    ) which starts with an interesting chord intro using some effect combinations. I want to reproduce these sound effect, but what I've tried with Tremolo is not sounding good. Anyone reading this hear and give me a good advice how I can get near these sound effect?

Is it possible for the Transpose to be active in a patch where it's not assigned to an effects slot?

I think the Transpose function is effective on the guitar input, and new frequencies will be calculated before the signal goes into the chain. So effects will get the changed signal.

trangely my performance in slot 5 was now a duplicate of the one in slot 1 and the one that was originally in slot 5 had disappeared

I did not experience with 7.1.12, but had it also with 7.1.11. The changelog for 7.1.12 described this problem as resolved. So my conclusion is: the error is resolved SOMEHOW, in certain contexts, but not IN ALL. This may show that the internals of software may be of problematic design, repeating code places? And Kemper is fixing holes which are not really well understood.

Also ich bin bisher immer so vorgegangen, dass ich bei allen Profilen, die in Frage kommen, den Gain kräftig runterstellte, weil ich diese Sounds erstmal gar nicht mag. Dann drehte ich meist das Amp Volume hoch - und dann höre ich, ob das Profil MIR gefällt oder nicht. Wenn es gefällt, dann mache ich diverse Tweaks, lege in Performances Kopien an, bei denen der Gain wieder hochgeht, oder wo ich Overdrive/Distortion einbinde etc.

Meine Erfahrung jedenfalls ist auch die: freie Profile brauchen sich nicht verstecken, kommerzielle Profile sind nicht unbedingt besser.

Yes, performances are "full" with defaults, and you can't delete them since the first beta version. Anyway, select the first performance, open another window, select in All Rigs or Local Library or Rig Packs etc. the rig you want to have in performance, then drag it to the first slot of your performce. This should make a copy; then optionally give it a new name . Immediateley press the Save button at the profiler.

you don't loose anything and get it back later.

Sorry, in every days experience, this is sometimes a real situation:). With the profiler, it is weird. The point is: to be on stage or just rehearsal, and you see something is lost, then you can't use it!:(. If it comes back the next day on magic ways, this is not an apology. It is an annoying bug which should be resolved with top priority.

Are you sure the data was lost/not present?

Yes, I am. Because the performance rig showed 4 slots, the missing one hat only 2 slots. I did not use it, but switched to another performance number. But as I said: on some magic ways, today the lost performance reappeared. But I would have had it in rehearsal context.

It’s difficult to describe.

It is for a reason that Kemper deals with this genuine listening experience when playing through a guitar cab and developing the Kabinet/Kone.

first, this reminds me very much on those very subjective opinions on different guitar types - I consider this as just subjective impressions. People in fact cannot really tell what experiences and in impressions they felt. So, to other people it is not really comprehensible.

Then: Kemper always held the flag high of beeing able to profile real cabinets. And of course, to hear different cabs with a profiler rig you have to use a neutral speaker system, therefore FRFR. Now, this would be a turning point if Kemper "detected" what you think you've found. If I really understand the concept of the new Kemper cabinet and the new cabinet effects with the profiler (different sounds choosable for the Kabinet), then this is nothing different from FRFR.

IPad-Editor on the horizon!

while it would be nice to have RigManager on a tablet - and I would use an Android device! - I am a bit sceptical. Because Kemper would have to support other OS environments, that is: using additonal GUI and OS Apis. As far as I know, they are not using a common framework like QT bridging these very different enviroments. If Kemper did, it would be easily to support Linux systems (this is a main reason for me to have Windows booted instead of my preferred environment on PC).

With OS beta 7.1.11 I - and others! - met the weird problem of loosing a performance rig - and magically see it restored the other day. Yesterday I re-edited a performance (which I found lost the day before, but also reappeared later), saved it with the Save button on the profiler stage and shutting down the machine. This performance rig was thought to be tested with the band's rehearsal in the evening. Well, after booting the Profiler at rehearsal room, it selected the right (last) performance number, but, oh boy, what I found there was just a copy of performance rig#1. Magically it was copied to #17.

Now, I read in german FB group, others had this problem also. One guy said he did know this also from the latest NON-Beta. And they also reported the magically restore of lost rigs.

Anyway, I consider this the worst problem with the current version. Loosing data in IT system always always was considered catastrophic event, the worst thing that can happen. It does not help in production environments when you get the data back the other day at home, because you are expecting to work with it in production (even it this is just a hobby band rehearsal).

Ich kann das nicht bestätigen, was ihr für Probleme habt. Der Editor erscheint bei mir sofort, sobald der Kemper Stage hochgefahren wurde. Oder aber, wenn der Stage zuerst gestartet wurde, kommt der RigManager gleich mit der Anzeige des Profils, auf dem ich gerade bin und zeigt den Editor. Insofern tippe ich auf ein USB-Problem, was immer das auch sein mag (Kabel, Ports etc).

No joy here. Tried rebooting haslf a dozen times in every combination I could think of. Turn off with USB inserted, turn back on with USB removed etc etc etc.:(

Try to boot with or without USB Stick. Then press USB-Softkey. When I did this, it came with the backup/restore dialog. I canceled - and the it suddenly detected the new OS version and installed it. Be aware, at least under Windows, the "kaos.bin" should be in subdirectory "OS Update".

Now, my post 5 hours before, has to be revisited. I just plugged in again into my Profiler and RigManager, and what did I see? The changes I made to my performance #17 are totally mixed with my performance#1!!! Further, my performance#2 has lost the transpose value -1, also lost it's title and seems identically to performance#1, where it was a copy from.

I am deeply decepted:(. Be careful with this axe, Eugene!

Addendum:

After I detected the above curious thing, I shut down RigManager and Profiler. I started Profiler again, then RigManager. NOW I see, performance#17 showed up in the same configuration I changed this morning!!! WEIRD Things Inside The Gold Mine!