Posts by CarloLf

First of all: Thanks to the team members who made this nice software upgrade available to us! Schönes Nicholausi-Geschenk!

I installed the shoftware today and tried. No crashes, good responses, fine communication between RigManager and the Stage.

One minor thing I miss: with old RigManager I could select rigs by cursor keys and it was loaded automatically into Stage; now I must do a double click with the mouse, instead of pressing the space key. And: a selected rig could be deleted by pressing the DEL key. I think these keyboard functions could be made workable again.

Oh, and another minor thing: The install dialog in Windows has an option to for the other local drives. It shows them, but I cannot select for instance drive D: . It would be a good thing to select another drive and a subdirectory where to install to. (Personally I hat to install all software to drive C:).

I've felt very similar, love the idea of the Kemper, but I just wasn't getting the sounds that everyone was raving on about, they were okay, but didn't have that zing that I'd hoped for

me too!

so I think if you can match your guitar to the ones used to create the profile, then that's half of the battle

I disagree. The guitar used and played at profiling is just a refinement of what the Kemper already created before you play your guitar on it. So I think, at best it is the guitar player who did the settings on the amp according to what he wants to hear when plugging a special guitar.

You can get a lot of different profiles - free and commercial - for and from the same amp models. And people swear on what they've chosen or made. So, if these profiles of the same amp are really sounding so different as these guys say: Why is this so? I always thought the Kemper profiler itself deeply suckles the soul of an amp out of it?

Ok, I understand that an amp with (very) different channels must be profiled for all these channels.

- But given one channel which will be profiled by someone: Does it matter how the EQs or gain or volume on the amp were set?

- The Kemper starts profiling with it's own secret/strange attacks on the amp, and only when this is done, you can invoke the Kemper to do some refinements, when you play some chords with your guitar.

- And then: will the result of these refinements depend on the guitar you are using? On the selected pick-ups? On the volume of the guitar? On the attack to strings by the player?

- Further, ignoring if you profile by microphone or digital interface: does the resulting profile depend on the input level given to the Kemper?

This are some of my questions, when reading about profiles and their misteries.

Can anybody give me an explanation how I can use the Looper on Profiler Stage? Or give me some hints where to read about it. I read the manual, but what's written there applies not to the Stage.

It seems like the kemper is picking up every single little detail of the signal and amplifying it

I noticed this too. Letting a chord sustain and fade about, beware doing moves even with the smallest amount with your fingers pressing the chord. You'll notice it producing ugly sounds. So I do not think it is your graphtech saddles.

I am really not sure, but I got the impression that the tones at louder, minor to middle gain, just are not clear, have or include some fizz, dirt or ugly distortion in it, even some with flutterings. So I am not sure if it is a problem with my device and I should send it back or is it something, all Kemper Stage devices do have? The former would be a hardware problem with my specific device; the latter would be a software problem, IMHO.

Today I updated my profile of my Cream JTA-45 amp with some refinements and splitted the original rig into two ("Cream JTA-45 -0" and "Cream JTA-45 -1". The profile "Cream JTA-45 -2" I produced completely as a new profile today using a Gibson Les Paul, whereas for the others I used a Fender Strat. You should notice slightly differences between all the three. I hope somebody likes them and give me some response.

Note: The amp Cream JTA-45 was designed in Germany by Twinsound Company. They tried to emulate the old Marshall JTM-45 which was used by Eric Clapton in the old days recording the Beano LP. "Cream" also should remember the sounds of Clapton with Cream.

Oh yes! My first Stage also did not boot up. I called Kemper support hot line, and we tried some things on telephone. One thing you can trie: Press System button and Soft button 1, before you hit the Start button. Maybe then you can reach the system maintenance menu and do a reset to the factory settings.

In my case, this also did not work. I sent the device back and got a new one.

If you are interested in my profile of my Cream JTA -45 and it's Egnater Tourmaster x-212 cabinet, you can download it on RigExchange and give me some response. This is my first:) try to create a rig and I will surely try to make it better with another recording. Hearing it on my Kemper Stage makes me quite sure it is very well recognizable!

Cream JTA-45 is a german clone of the famous Marshall JTM-45, designed by Twinsound/Germany.