Posts by CarloLf

But I also found that the Stage produces a lot more "white noise" than the regular Kemper, especially at hi gain settings.

I do and did not have the regular Kemper, I'm a newbie with the Stage. But what you describe may be the same impression I got with the Stage. There is some disturbing noise especially on hi gains (which I dislike anyway). I noticed that there is a kind of scratch problem, occuring some times when hitting the strings hard. With power chords, best for instance with string D and G, 2nd fret, let the tone fade out. Then you can hear wave-like swelling and decay, among them slight disturbing and dirty noises, slight clipping(?).

Until now, I cannot decide if it is just a problem with my own machine or if it is common to all Stage machines. On the other hand, I use some profiles with low gain, tweaked them heavily with my own settings, especially turning on the amp volume, and then they sound good.

In my humble opinion, and as a beginner on Kemper Stage since 4 weeks: I always had to tweak the profiles very heavily to make them usuable for my ears. Especially profile with much gain sounded bad to me, way too much dirt. Cutting down the gain, and instead turning up the volume at the "Amp" level made them much clearer. Also, I often changed distortion settings, when used.

This is also true for profiles I bought; they became only good when tweaking them.

I discovered that saving changes in Browse mode some times result in a dialog question to replace a profile or to store it under a new name. But then, I more often miss this option and when I store under the same name, I can see in Rig Manager that the profile now is doubled. In performance mode, if I do not change the name, the rig gets overwritten.

Anyone here to explain this logic?

I'd start with Pacheco's Morgan AC20

Hi, this was a good idea looking for a Bonamassa-like sound. I tweaked the profile to get a sound that I had in mind for my Strat, and I finally was heavily pleased.

In fact, this was not my "start" with profiles I triggered to performance rig. All together, I have to resume my experiences to this: most profiles I tried (I even bought a profile from Bert Meulendijk) came with much to much gain. Lowering gain to the point where they break into crunch often makes the sound much niceer and more distinguable, chords played then sound with a good resolution. Too much gain is destroying the character of a profiled amp, chords sound dirty and very artificial. That's how I do see it.

With Rigmanager, Kemper delivered more than 15000 profiles - much to much for evaluating (glad, they were not on the Kemper device). I tried around, maybe heard about 200 or 300. Most of them come with so much gain that the first thing to do is to put on a noise gate to make them listenable. But then, the overall impression is: the sound crank, shitty. And most of them are attached to heavy effects. Maybe for metal guitarrists, they sound ok. For me definetely not.

I'm looking for sounds that represents tones as Joe Bonamassa, Gary Moore or Ritchie Blackmore have. To get into this direction, the profiles have to be heavily tweaked. Therefore, I must say, I am somewhat disappointed regarding my expectations which were formed by what I have read about the great reproduction of real amps by the Kemper.

BTW: I tested against a Headrush-112 and over my amps. It was unimportant whatever I used regarding to my impressions.

So I'm asking, how do other guitarrists and Kemper users come around with this situation?

Profiler Stage has some settings which are global regarding all profiles and rigs, most are not. [This should be clearly noted in the documentary manual]. My question is this: the parameters reachable by the Input button are global, if you are in Browse mode, but are local to a rig, if you are in performance mode? Is this right? And why is this?

I've run into a problem?( in Performance mode: the output to the amp suddenly comes stuttering, as if the input cable is defective. I changed the guitar cable first, but without improvement. Then I switched to Browse mode, and lo and behold, there the output arrives continuously at the amp. HOW THIS? ?(:?:(I have the latest OS release on the profiler)

I had a nice session with a support guy, and together we tried several things with no success. The Kemper guy also asked a developper and then they decided that it must be a hardware error. So today I could give it back to the shop in Berlin and got a new window. This is working fine.