Posts by CarloLf

I also noticed this too. But I saw, there where some problems storing rigs in performance mode when not using the lastest OS beta. I updated then to this beta and those problems were gone.

I am not interested in WiFi connections, so now I won't upload a Beta. The interesting things for me will be:

- if 8.5 leaves beta status, will it have fixes for existing bugs that are not WiFi-/iPod related?

- will their be other new features or improvements unrelated to WiFi-/iPod ?

- and: will WiFi-/iPod changes introduce new bugs?

Well, it would be a-nice-to-have if they did an Android version. I really don't need it, because I am always using RigManager on desktop PC, and editing rigs is done in my home, not on stage. For me, I would more more appreciate if Kemper would make a Linux version of RigManager.

I never bought an Apple device, and I won't do this in the future .:!::)

don't know if that means synced in the editor, in the KPA or to the KPA and saved there

note: "in the editor" just means: the editor noticed a changed(but that's not really true: in Performance mode, the selected performance always shows red, although not edited/changed).
    "in KPA" or "to the KPA" is the same thing. Saving in performance mode always saves the rig on to the KPA. Where else?

Your other cited oddities of the editor I am not aware of.

I always used the Browse mode to test and change profiles if have found (or bought) to see if I would use them as performance rig. If I am satisfied to use it in a performance, I open another window, switch to Performance mode, select a free performance number(must be now active), select performance slot #1 in that, than do a copy & paste into that slot. Now immediately save it. Then I can optimize the performance, copy it into another slot, change effects etc. Save it again.

Seems that you work for your own projects, so you decide what you wanna do...

quite right. I am a simple hobbiest. And now understood your workstyle. In fact, that is what I wanted to emphasize: KPA users are very different, and maybe the old times now have gone with the sheer masses of "consumists" (vs. professionals).

Peace:):!:

hectic everyday life on stage or during studio sessions

Ok, that shows YOUR work style. It is not mine, and sure it is not the way most KPA users work. When I go to stage or do rehearsing with my band, I almost never touch what I have stored as my performances (and in fact, use only 3 or 4 of them, also I stored more). So for me, it is the best way to try all theses effects I'm interested in makeing a performance at home, and of course with RigManager - and not in a hectic mood...

Anyway, I think there is no golden path for an implementor of tools to satisfy all their users. Some always will complain or propose other ways. Best Kemper can do is to listen what people say and get an impression how most users use the KPA and want to use it.

I do not understand the complaints people produce here. The Kemper always had a huge bag for sounds trying, adjusting, finding your preferred sounding riffs, effects etc. If you do not take what people offer you - free or commercial - as rigs, you can loose yourself in the possibilities the Kemper offers. I was glad, when this got much easier with RigManger.

So now, with 8.2, you get even more and you complain? What you do not nee need, just keep away form it and do not rant on things other people find useful or aweful. There might be other ways Kemper might present them with RigManager the future; 8.2 is not the end of evolution.

I am also a heavy Linux user, but I do no recordings and have no Focusrite et.al. And I do like RigManager for sound editing and almost forget how I can do edits with Stage alone.

On the other hand, I do not like Wine. So I installed Windows 10 with Virtual Machine Manager and run RigManager in it. I saw it works, somehow great, somehow not so good regarding the speed of USB communications. So, if I really want to work with RigManager, I still boot Windows native on my dual boot system.

I have saved interesting amps and caps in own preset folders. If I edit some performance rig and try another cab, I just goto the presets cab, mark a cab and drag it onto the cab icon of the performance I am editing. Nothing more. This works.

Ok. When I have done this, and I wanted an Undo, then it would be nice to have an Undo click. But there are workarounds.

I couldn't get heard no matter what. No matter how much I turned up the volume, I couldn't cut and be heard over the other guitarist

I can not confirm you. And of course don't know how loud your band is playing in the room. When I am playing with my band in a rented room with equipment, the Kemper is connected to the Return of a Boss Katana with a 2x12 Marshall Box. My band mates often give me the advice to turn the volume down.

the compressor in the amplifier settings helps to create a fat sound.

yes, that's what I've found. Nearly all profiles I tried and use sound way more "full" or "fat" with a compressor. And of course, with classic rock amps, you had to turn them up to get the cranked sound. The same is with Kemper. And remember: a good profile will react very dynamically when you turn the volume of your guitar up or down. And it will react when you are hitting the strings hard or soft.

I suppose this will not happen. First, way too few people using Linux. And then: RigManager is not built with a GUI framework like QT which would have made it very easy to run RigManager under Windows and Linux and... This was a design decision and I think Kemper will not revert it.

I installed Windows using virtual "Boxes" under Mint Linux. Enabling and forwarding USB allows to run RigManager. The problem I found: it is very slow. So, from time to time I still boot Windows..