Posts by Wetnosedog

Yes that idea has been said for years, but if it were really true, if t's all in the hands we would all have cheap gear. I don't care much for the pre-Wish You Were Here solo tones, but maybe his fingers were developing, LOL. I do think it's a blend of gear and fingers.

I have evolved immensely in my understanding and taste of tones from playing live with Peavey amps and over 38 years of recording. Same thing with singing, and attempts at engineering, producing. Learning to listen in recording and in the mix is a different world from common guitar thinking. Example: Alex Lifeson gets upset at the producer because he wouldn't let him use the tones he liked. Then he admitted the producer was right...

I'm in that field, so hopefully I have an idea or two about the psychology of sounds, but we all have blind sides. I do lots and lots of research before acquiring gear because I loathe buyer's remorse. Yes, I still love the guitar sounds on Kiss' Destroyer but I'd attribute that to Bob Ezrin.

Bless Your Music Journey Sir.

Just an encouragement to never respond "Read The Manual." It is insulting. Please simply assume everyone already knows this.

Some people, like myself, have a learning disability so learning from other descriptions, examples and other is very helpful when still stuck after the manual.

Happy Kempering. ;)

I am supposed to get my Moog EP-3 today. Will it do Wah and Volume for Kemper? I also plan to use it for my Eventide H90, Moog Subsequent 37 and Yamaha modx6, but mostly Kemper as I'm a guitarist and record a lot more guitars than synths in my music.

I'm a huge Gilmour-Floyd fan, especially the Wish You Were Here through The Final Cut era. The guitar tones on The Final Cut are my favorite.

I own a ton of Hiwatt Profiles, and I'm very much looking forward to new Liquid Hiwatt Profiles.

The new Tube Circuit Hi Power Pedal looks pretty sweet, but it's more focused on The Wish You Were Here tones, which are great, but I prefer The Wall and The Final Cut tones. I've read a lot about Gilmour tones and gear - Hiwatt's, Bassman, Colour Sound, Big Muff, ect... I try to stay minimalist and avoid collecting gear. I am also thinking the Kemper can do everything this new pedal can do and more.

I'd love to hear the Kemper Community's thoughts...

Greetings All,

Just wondering how many Kemper users record using both the Kemper and preamps & EQ's.

I've done a good amount of recording with just my Kemper, but looking to invest in a Neve 1073DPX or something similar for use on Vocals, Bass, Guitars, Drums...

Greetings All,

Hoping some of you have an interest in sharing some of your wisdom and experience recording with Kemper.

I’ve done a good amount of recording the past year; Electric Guitar, some Acoustic and Bass.

I use purchased profiles from folks like Tone Junkie, Big Hairy Profiles (BHP), Bert M (BM Profiles), Selah and others.

I am thrilled with what the Kemper offers with recording. I love a lot of players but Gilmour is closest to my style. I have learning issues and don’t use a DAW. I use my Roland vs2000cd and vs880ex. Guitar and vocals are my main role, but after many years I can hold my own with Bass Drums and Keys. No programming (I’m not good at it).

My Kemper recording sounds are excellent. That said, I'm very selective about the tones I end up using, as what you hear often translates different recorded. I often try a handful of tones with my recordings and select the best fit. Getting live tones requires much less scrutiny. I record from Kemper to Roland VS recorder. Recently Tone Junkie's Hiwatt (Hiwhat) tones are knocking me out.

Article just obtained from the year 2023 regarding the Kemper and Neural Quad Cortex:

When the Quad Cortex came out, it tapped into the all too common gear lust element to obtain the latest and greatest new product. Many guitarists (paid promoters and unpaid ) were immediately thrilled and some very quick to pronounce the defeat of the Incredible and Innovative Kemper at the hands of the Quad. Many were amazed with the Quad's crisp, pristine sound, and claims of better profiling and unlimited power (even though it wasn't even as powerful as the Fractal FM3!)

Little did anyone know, the Kemper was and is the closest to the actual amp sounds! Many musicians were fooled into thinking crispy was better, as subtle dynamic elements in the frequencies can be deceptive and were in fact, less faithful to the actual amp sound. Kemper has the unique Christoph magic and soul that cannot be replaced.

Enjoy Your Kemper!!

I like the idea of going with the best of both worlds. I've found some great profiles on rig exchange, but sorting through the crap ones to find good ones gets old... Wish there was a better rating system. Tone Junkie has crazy sales and recently Liveplayrock have 90% off sales. I have used these profiles in new recordings after I could not find the Hiwatt's I wanted in rig exchange. I think I got Liveplayrock's Rockman X-100 pack for $4 last week and it's quite fun, and gets rid of the occasional urge to own a Rockman again, which are now crazy high priced.

Greetings New Kemper Owners,

FYI,

Loving the Liveplayrock Rockman X-100 profile and Tone Junkie's new Hiwhat (Hiwatt). May people lust for the Boston/Def Leppard Rockman sound, and of course David Gilmour and his Hiwatt's.