Posts by Andrevv

I just trying to update myself. First i update the rig manager to latest version. And then the rig manager say new os needed and he will search it for me online for a couple minutes. And then nothing happen forever. My device is kemper stage. What should i do?

Hi where i can find the volume knob?

It's a california made cutlass not sterling. But not roasted series.

My genre is a modern pop. I play a lot clean rythm and distortion lead sometimes depend on the song.

Yes i tried some fenders and marshalls profiles from M Britt factory profiles. But haven't feel sounds right yet. But those profiles sounds great with my fender teles tho. It just for my cutlass i need a different profiles.

If your Cutlass is the cheaper Indonesian-made Sterling I may agree. The high-end Cutlass OTOH is tonally almost identical to a contemporary US-made Strat, and ergonomically a slight improvement over the Fender IMHO. I would only swap that for a real vintage strat or a customshop reissue, if even that.

You say nothing about what genre you are aiming for, but I'd be surprised if you can't find decent profiles for almost any type guitar on the rig-exchange if you search for common amp-types such as tweed, blackface, vox, plexi etc.

It's a California made cutlass not sterling. It sounds and play great with my tube amp tho. but yes its harder to tame the brightness with the kemper stage.

Well my genre is a modern pop. I play mostly clean rythm and high gain lead sometimes depend on the song.

hmm prs is interesting. What's your prs? Custom 22 or 24 or else? I need brighter humbucker guitar than my LP. Yeah flood sucks but thankfully my area is flood resistant.

i use M Britt some M13 profiles. It sounds great with my fender tele when live with a band. But i need to find another profile for musicman and LP. Yes musicman closer to fender strat but i think they are still sounds different. I'm thinking to buy real fender strat. I never do an exchange yet, but maybe i will.

My brother used to bring his LP over whenever he visited and played it through the Kemper.

Every single time it sounded better than my "superstrats", so based on personal experience, I'd say the Kemper has no preference. I put the fact that my Strat-style guitars sounded worse down to the thinner sound. His LP always had balls for miles by comparison.

Okay maybe with the right profile LP can sounds great for me.

hi everyone, im a quite new user of kemper profiler stage. I'm having a hard times finding right profiles for my musicman cutlass and my gibson lp standard when playing with my band onstage. It's a 9 pieces band with 1 piano, 1 synth, loud drums, slapping bass, percussions, 3 vocals. I'm happy with my sound when i'm using my 2 fender teles : american original and american deluxe. But it doesn't sounds right yet with my cutlass and les paul. Anyone having experience with cutlass and les paul?

Hai kabar baik hehe

Well It's a fender american original 60s telecaster not a copy haha ^^. That tele is the only guitar sounds heaven with my kemper profiler stage when i'm gigging. I haven't found right profiles for my other guitar : gibson les paul std faded 2005 and musicman cutlass. I just started thinking maybe kemper loves fender guitars. Anyone have experience of playing kemper with gibson les paul and musicman cutlass?

Maybe -11dB is still too high. The guitar channel on the mixing desk is on maximum...no headroom left, you can't be sure that the channel gets the full Kemper volume. Another reason could be the stereo setup (you wrote that you're using both XLR outputs, that's why I assume it's stereo). I'm not going into detail here as you're a fulltime and therefore experienced guitarist but try mono and see if it's getting better.

Hi thanks for the reply, i will try the mono trick. By the way even if im fulltime guitarist, i am still newby learning to play the kemper. I played tube amp before.

Hi, welcome and have fun here in the forum and with your Kemper! Greetings to Indonesia and thanks for your introduction.

What kind of profiles are you using? Selfmade? RigExchange? Commercial? Maybe try something different. Those profiles which sound good at home or at low levels are typically not the ones which cut through the mix in recordings or live use - especially with your 9 piece band. So keep trying to find something which suits the needs better. Quality of profiles differs a lot and it takes some time to find suitable ones and tweak them for your needs. Don't give up too early. The Kemper can do what you want and lots of people (incl. myself) can confirm that the Kemper cuts through the mix quite well with the right settings :)

I use M Britt 5e3 tweed amp

hello guys, i'm a fulltime guitarist from Indonesia. I play with my band called Kahitna. We're one of the busiest band in Indonesia. i've stopped carrying my heavy fender hotrod deville 410 and using kemper profiler stage now. My band is 9 pieces. 3 vocals, 1 piano, 1 synth, 1 bass, 1 drum, 1 percussion, and 1 guitar. I lately found my guitar sound dont cut in the mix at foh sound even if it's very loud and clear in my monitor wedge. I set main out volume at -11db and use both xlr out to foh, but still from the audience video i didn't hear my guitar sound. I only hear loud piano, synth, bass, drum, and vocals. No guitar sound heard. It seems don't cut in the mix or lack of headroom maybe. The engineer said he had maxed level a guitar channels in his foh mixer. Any tips and tricks about this anyone? Thanks and regards :)