Posts by vjelen

My trigger finger on middle finger came back last week. I am so pissed. I guess I will have to decide when to schedule surgery. I had cut back on my practice hours for a few days, but the last two days, I wrapped my hand when I woke up using a "bed buddy" heated in the microwave. I was able to get in almost 4 hours of practice yesterday with almost no discomfort. I'm going to repeat this for the time being and take some Meloxicam to help reduce swelling and see if it gets me past the New Year.

Sorry to hear that :( But as I wrote some time ago:

Sorry to be negative, but if the diagnose is really "carpal tunnel syndrome" than only surgery can help. If done correctly than problem dissapears completely! I know what I am talking about. The complete recovery takes from 6 to 12 months but it is actually only real option. So my advise is: if your diagnose is really "heavy carpal tunell syndrom" don't waist your time with "alternative" treatments and go for surgery! Just my personall experience & advice!

Yes I've read the manual - your question of who knows, is exactly the whole purpose of my thread. I'm sure somebody does and it would be great to hear from them.

... the manual and marketing documentation on the kabinet (the subject of this thread btw) is limited and didn't delineate that it was referring to the kemper aux and not an aux input in the kabinet itself which i have just learned does not actually exist (you can see that in my earlier comment).

So the main point of this thread is, that you didn't know that "Kabinet doesn't have aux input" :) That's quite curious, because it is so obvious just with quick look at the product itself or pictures of it available on the web. Instead of such "few second look" there is huge thread with many complaints, blaming .... I quit!

Are you saying the kabinet cannot be used through the aux input as frfr speaker without a kemper? I appreciate your response - but I'm trying to clarify your second sentence. You're talking about the kone speaker, and I'm asking about the kabinet product (which has kones in it).

FYI - I'm not looking for advice about frfr speakrs (i've had several before) and what sounds good etc - but specifically the use case i asked about with the kabinet.

The best would be, if you read carefully (again?) Main Manual 8.5, page 95, chapter KEMPER Kone. If you use it in different setup than recommended it will sound somehow, but nobody can tell you in advance how. You have to try it, maybe you will like it, maybe not. Who knows.

Main Manual 8.5, page 274:

System Settings

Press the SYSTEM button to access the global settings pages. Use the <PAGE> buttons to navigate through the various pages. Global settings do not change when you switch to another Rig.

✓ Users of the PROFILER Stage can access pages related to pedal and external switch configurations via the PEDALS button.

LCD / HW Setup / Brightness / User Interface

On the LCD / HW Setup page you can control the settings for the display and adjust the “Line Frequency” parameter. Press the soft button labeled “Startup Dialog” to enter the menu where you can enter your name and set current time and date. Whenever you create your own PROFILEs, the “Rig Author” tag will default to the Owner Name. The “Startup Dialog” appears automatically when the PROFILER is started for the first time.

Using the soft button labeled “Edit Owner” you can edit the Owner Name and assign a Device Name to your PROFILER. Assigning unique Device Names is useful if you intend to connect and manage multiple PROFILER units with the Rig Manager application.

Main Manual 8.5, page 291 -296:

When I test using my Rack and a footswitch, it appears the looper is capped at 30 seconds.

LOOPER Button (6) The Looper is a device for recording up to 60 seconds of stereo audio. It allows for an unlimited number of overdubs. That means you can layer unlimited recordings on top of each other.

not sure what good is half time mode but that is sad it is only 30 seconds.

But there’s more to this than meets the eye: the regular available recording time of the Looper is 30 seconds. When you set Half Speed before an initial recording, the available recording time doubles to 60 seconds. When you record at half speed, you will not notice anything special at playback. However, when you press the Half Speed Button again, playback will revert to regular speed, transposing your recording one octave higher, and doubling the tempo! Thus, by selecting the speed prior to the recording you can effectively chose whether this functions as a Half Speed or a Double Speed Button.

Thank you but i need a bit more info if poss, i'm new to kemper, please explain as if i'm a dullard please:D,

click on the cab block ,,yes scroll right , ??? any more info would be great thanks.

I'm old and not a computer whizz!

Download & read Main Manual 8.5. Chapter "Kemper Kone", page 95.

It depends wheather you are connected to RM or not.

See Main Manual 8.5 page 285:

As soon as you load another Slot from your foot controller, or foot buttons of the PROFILER Remote or Stage, any former modifications within that Performance are interpreted as temporary tweaks during a live performance and will be discarded immediately. If, for example, you had activated a booster in module B, or increased Delay Mix via pedal, any such changes will be lost if you switch Slots remotely. This way, you can always be sure that Slots will be loaded in their original, predictable state during live performances.

However, there is an exception to this practice: While Rig Manager is connected, any modifications are interpreted as editing and maintained during Slot changes as long as you stay within the same Performance.

Undoubtedly, but in my case you have to know where to look...and also in english

Sorry theplayer but this sounds like an excuse. Looking at your post in this forums - your english is pretty ok. I am czech so english is for me "foreign" language as well. And where to look? Every serious pdf reader, like Adobe Acrobat Reader for example has "find" option. So the only "issue" is to formulate your query. In this paricular case I just entered "View" in the search field and got the correct result within just few seconds :) Try it!

"Best of best" is very relative criterion! Best headphones are different for different people. You have to try them and YOU have to decide which are best for you!