Posts by vjelen

You are right. I would never actually buy a guitar over $1000. I much prefer a basic and make it like I want. And my Kemper cost me $0 because it was gifted. :)

And I would never buy guitar in the music shop for whatever price. All my gutitars are handmade by professional luthier (friend of mine) according to my specific requirements! :P

I am sorry, I diverted from the subject! ;)

From the Main Manual 8.5:

MAIN OUTPUT (4)

These are your main stereo outputs. Use these outputs to connect to a mixing desk in a recording studio, or to the front-of-house mixer in a live situation. These outputs deliver the entire Rig: amp, cabinet, and all effects. You have a choice of XLR (balanced) or quarter-inch TS-jacks (unbalanced). The XLR outputs are protected against 48V phantom power fed by a mixing desk. However, you should avoid feeding phantom power into the PROFILER if you want the best audio quality. Like all inputs and outputs, it offers a ground lift in the menu of the Output Section to prevent a loop hum.

Longshot here but I am a new Kemper Profiler Head owner. One thing I noticed was on the front display, even though I was scrolling through different profiles, nothing actually changed 'audio-wise'. I then noticed the 'Autoload' selector on the display. Set that. Or push the 'Enter' button after highlighting a profile using the scrolling.. I had watched a couple videos and this was never mentioned.

Did you download and read Main Manual 8.5? It is really comprehensive source of information including the autoload feature.

So I have my stage and my powered Kabinet now and starting to try and learn this beast...

My question is: Can you assign different speaker imprints to different rigs? Or if you select a vintage 30 that's your speaker for all rigs that you use? I'd like to use a Celestion V30 with the marshall amps and a jensen with fender for example. Is this possible?

(Apologies if this is a stupid question, i'm at the foot of the steep learning curve!)

Yes, you can do it. Download and read Main Manual 8.5 and regarding your question chapter KEMPER Kone, page 95 (and page 97, Speaker Imprint particularly).

Not sure if this helps but it is worth to check. I am on Windows 10, but maybe similar behaviour is valid for Mac.

In my default Windows USB port settings there is an item "Allow computer switch off device because of saving energy", it is my translation from czech back to english so original english wording is probably different but I hope meaning is clear :)

In the past I had similar problem with loosing connection to some other USB device and ticking off this item solved it. Maybe you can find something similar in your Mac.

Hope this helps!

My preferrence is different than BayouTexan. I have one particular commercial pack from MB and I am very happy with it. There are a lot of profiles with different settings and I can find best profile which needs almost no tweeking. But I think both approaches are OK. Depends on what works best for you.

From the Main Manual 8.5:

page 41: If you select the option “Monitor Stereo”, MONITOR OUTPUT and DIRECT OUTPUT become one logical pair of stereo outputs.

page 42: DIRECT OUTPUT/SEND (3) This carries the direct output signal in glorious mono. The main purpose for this output is to feed signals into the reference amp during PROFILINGTM. This is not its only purpose, however: you can also use the DIRECT OUTPUT/SEND in combination with the RETURN input to create an effects loop. In this case, the DIRECT OUTPUT/SEND becomes a mono send. If you're not using this output as part of an effects loop, it will normally carry the original guitar signal. So, if you want to record your guitar dry, either connect the DIRECT OUTPUT to the recording device, or to the input of your audio interface.

And how was I supposed to know, what this means in regards to my issue? This does not tell me anything really. It doesn’t tell me, that for it to work, I have to press a certain button. It might tell you that. Not me. But I cannot read that info out of this phrase. For that to be a very clear solution, you have to have a higher level of knowledge than me in regards to in/outs and routing possibilities. You might immediately think that the answer is clear. I do not connect the dots. Because I had already tried out different stereo/mono changes to the output section. And that alone left me hanging.

Well, it is not the best strategy to blame people who want to help you! I give up!

My one concern that I hope does not happen is that the reset goes well and the issue that brought me here does not repeat but I worry that then restoring it to a backup created pre-reset will essentially restore the current state including the current problem. Hopefully that's a pointless concern but we shall see.

Backup doesn't contain any data that could couse the problem. It is very unlikely!

I know I have a few backups from years past, before this problem began, that I could use if the above does happen so there's always hope I could use one of those as opposed to the most recent one I create this morning.

Use your last backup, see my comment above.

If a Reset of the unit returns it to the brand new device state, I'm assuming all the current rigs and performances will vanish. from the unit itself But if I apply a backup of Rig Manager in its current state, with all rigs, folders and performances saved and organized as I like, will Rig Manager direct the Kemper to reload and restore all those rigs, folders and performances automatically or will it see that they're no longer on the Kemper and then respond differently, forcing me to then go in search of all these rigs and rebuild all my performances and folders etc from scratch?

Make your backup directly from the Kemper to the USB, not via Rig Manager. See Main Manual 8.5 if you don't know how to do it but it is very simple. Also at the end restore your backup from the USB stick.

Hope this helps!

I suppose you know all of this but just to be 100% sure - quote from the Main Manual:

• Before you can use a USB memory stick to transfer files from your Mac or PC, your USB stick and PROFILER need to become acquainted. When you connect a USB memory stick for the very first time, the PROFILER will create three folders on that stick: “Backups”, “OS Update”, and "Shared”. As soon as “USB Stick” appears below soft button 3, the USB memory stick is ready to go

• New USB memory sticks are normally pre-formatted with file system FAT32, which is immediately compatible with the PROFILER. In this case, no further action is needed. If you plug in a USB memory stick pre-formatted with another file system, like NTFS or exFAT, the PROFILER will automatically suggest reformatting the stick with file system FAT32. Be aware that this formatting will delete all data on that stick! Once the formatting is complete, the PROFILER creates the three folders and “USB Stick” appears below soft button 3. Ready!

Sorry, but how could I know that you read this section in Main Manual? There are many people who are asking different questions without knowing that such source of information even exists.

BTW ... Page 271:

... The Loop Distortion is made for connecting distortion pedals to the PROFILER and is only in mono ...

So again I wanted to help you (point you to the most relevant source of info) not insult you!