Posts by vjelen

When Main Out -12 dB is active, works only for the dry signal/output of my kemper. Im asigning one output for dry signal, and the other for the wet signal.

How I can have -12 db active or deactivate for all outputs, regarding what kind of signal Im getting out of?

From the Main Manual 8.5, page 121:

MAIN OUTPUT

Use the MAIN OUTPUT to connect to a mixing desk in a recording studio, or to the front-of-house mixer in a live situation. You have a choice of XLR (balanced) or quarter-inch TS-jacks (unbalanced).

- Main Out -12 dB

Whenever the device (e.g. mixing desk or audio interface) connected to the MAIN OUTPUT XLR or TS jacks indicates too much level coming from the PROFILER, or there is the need to set the Main Output Volume to less than -12 dB, then activate the Main Output Pad to reduce the signal level of the Main Output by 12 dB. This increases the range of the Main Output Volume control and preserves the signal-to-noise ratio of the Main Output.

... This helps...namely pushing the clean sense. I thought that the common wisdom was to leave them near 0 but in one case pushing the CS to 3 and the dist sense to -3 had better response. I also increased the gain from 0 to 2 per Don's comment. Was still able to keep it clean without sounding "pushed"

According to my personal experience in your particular case only " Clean sense" is important! "Distortion sense" is valid for different scenario. But maybe I am wrong ;)

Could someone draw a photo of the layout for me please? I have all 4 in a cabinet but im a noob. I do better if i see an example if someone even have this setup could you take the back off and show me your connections please ane thank you?

Did you ever read Main Manual 8.5.? Re your question see page 108, "Building Your Own Cabinets with KEMPER Kone Chassis"

This thread is not about my Stage unit, it's about a rack unit that is up for sale. As stated above, I do not know the S/N yet.

OK, so wait until you get S/N and than ask suport if thay can help you with determining manufacturing date. Further discussion re this topic is useless in my view!

.... I've never understood, when setting performances in RM do I need to have chicken head on Performance or just leave it in Browser mode? I usually switch it over because I've had some mishaps when I didn't.

According to my knowledge, when you are working with performances in RM than the Profiler MUST be switched to Performance mode!!

As you can see I still have to fix the Author tag as this profile was not created by C.Kemper. The correct author name is The Studio Rats.

So I have to ask- Why doesn’t the correct information come across to the performance slot when when a new stack is selected via the following method (which I assume to be correct)?

Maybe "The Studio Rats" didn't fill author name correctly. From what you wrote it is not obvious that it is only Kemper bug.

In my view Rig Manager is the single biggest weakness in Kemperland and needs a total overhaul.

Kemper have already stated that there will be an editor at some point (although no indication of timeline). My wish is that any editor focuses on a redesign of Rig Manager first rather than deep dive real time iPhone parameter control and fancy graphical UI. I believe Rig Manager should be the main control for managing rigs (the clue's in the name :P ) This should include managing everything about the rigs including cabinets, FX, Stomps, Presets, IRs, Performances, Remote Pedal configuration etc etc. Everything about them includes how we store, retrieve, search for, move, create aliases etc.

Couldn't agree more!!!

I purchased a white profiler head used because of a stock preset I heard from a friend. However, this this preset is missing in the one I purchased. How can I add every stock preset/rig without losing whatever was added to my current profiler head? I’m new to this eco-system so forgive my ignorance

1st of all I would recommend you to download and read Main Manual 8.5 and Addendum 8.7. Both are available in download section of the Kemper web!

Existuje nějaký důvod, proč neudělat aplikaci i pro Android? Myslím, že existuje mnoho uživatelů, možná dokonce více než iOS.

This has been discussed several times here. Official reason seems to be that Android user community is smaller. Real reason in my view - limitted programing resources, focus on US market, maybe some system design advantages of iOS over Android etc ....

Czech translation: už to tu bylo diskutováno několikrát. Oficiální důvod je, že uživatelů s Androidem je méně. Skutečným důvodem podle mně jsou omezené programátorské zdroje, fokus na US trh, možná i lepší systémová podpora v iOS oproti Androidu atd....

I've only had a Kemper Stage for about 4 months now but one quick search on yt and a few attempts and I created 3 performances in less than a hour. That was 45 minutes of learning (reading/watching) and 15 mins of creating 3 performances. Pay attention to the prompts in RM; don't try it on a phone use a computer connected to USB

After almost 3 years experience with RM I can only wish you good luck with your further usage!

And your recommendation "pay attention to the prompts ..." and "don't try it on the phone ..." to somebody, who spent 40 years in IT are completely off.

To Kemper

In the following thread rig manager replaces profiles I tried to point out general basic problem of RM, but it seems to me that many users (including Kemper support) are not willing to think about it on such high level :( They are looking for answers for their particular problems but sometimes the root cause of the poblems is quite different and more general.

Never mind, I am going to be very specific and concrete now and would like kindly ask especially Kemper to answer my question in all possible detail.

My question is very simple: What is the correct & recommended procedure to "CREATE NEW PERFORMANCE, EDIT IT AND SAVE IN RIG MANAGER???" Including information how the whole system KPA + Rig Manager has to be set up, what has to be selected (headphone sign), when the activation of store is necessary and when not etc ....

@G String recommended me to watch following video

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    but from the overall 18 minutes length only only 3 (!) minutes describes this particular topic. And I also disagree with the comment that: "In all fairness, the manual is not the right medium to explain such an application. And even though it's 2.5 years old it is still valid. But the video does a much better job."

Written manual has its own advantages and video has completely different ones. Why EVERY HW & SW companies are producing written manuals than??? And the statement that 2,5 year old manual is still very good source of information is simply wrong - it is not true!

Last but not least, I would like to ask other users, who are not 100% sure that thay fully understand how all procedure around correctly handling performances in RM, to support my request just with simple like.

Looking forward to your detailed response?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Vladimir

PS: I have to say that my opinion about Kemper support is very high, they are very professional and trying to help quicky and effectively. But when it comes to problems with RM, their approaxch change quite substantionaly. The best description probably is - they switch to self defending mode and the only problem is that users dont use RM correctly!

We have a great video on Rig Manager. Did you watch it?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

In all fairness, the manual is not the right medium to explain such an application. And even though it's 2.5 years old it is still valid. But the video does a much better job.

I didn't want to spend more time on this subject, because I see that Kemper team feels that they did perfectly everything related to RM and all problems are only because users are not using it correctly. That is of course wrong! Re "manual": let me ask you simple question, why 100% of HW and SW companies are writing manuals when "... the manual is not right medium to explain such an application ....". Why are you then producing Main Manual when it is not "right medium"??? Maybe few more videos would be enough? I can understand resources problems, writing GOOD manual is quite time consuming and resources demanding task, but I do not accept that it is not right medium to explain how sw application works. But I really stop for now, unless I will feel more realistic approach on RM from Kemper team. Otherwise it is waste of time for me, because I can not change anything. I just wanted to share my view on this with other users.

Have a good day!

.... and what you think is missing ...

1st of all VALID DOCUMENTATION FOR RM IS MISSING!! Again 2,5 year old manual is completely out if date. From time to time you disclose some information how to work with RM but that's not normal. Or do you really want us to spent hours searching forum when we need basic information how some particular function is implemented? Documentation of the current RM status is definitely very 1st step that has to be done. And I am afraid that the 2nd step is substantial redesign! I am realy sorry to say so but the quality conflict between great Profiler and poor RM is for me obvious :( But I stop complaining about RM for now, because I did several attempts to point out biggest RM issues but with no success so far. RM is by far the weakest part of the Kemper ecosystem!!!

Thank you!

I am afraid this is extremaly "sophisticated" & complicated. I am quite old guy (67) and have spent whole my business live in IT, but even if I am extremally carefull, errors happen from time to time and often I loose all my edits :( Only way how to minimize loss of edits is to make backups every 5 minutes, which is of course nonsense. And NO, I can not replicate it, because it happens erratically! We have saying in Czech - don't try to shoot too many birds with one bullet. I am afraid that that is axactly what Kemper (company) is trying to do with RM :( Sometimes less is more! I am afraid, that the only way how to improve bad reputation of RM is to rewrite it from the scratch. Basic functionality: loading, editing & saving rigs/performances must be 200% reliable! Last but not least: nothing is documented anywhere!! The "newest" rig manager manual is more than 2,5 years old!! It is completely useless!