Posts by barryhugo33

my 0.02.... Ive had them all, axe fx ultra, ii, xl & 3. Axe 3 was fantastic but it took too long for me to dial in a decent and useable tone for me. Also I spent more time tweaking than playing. I found this to be the case with all my fractal units.

My kemper on the other hand took very little tweaking to get a tone that I could just go with. Sometimes the profiles are just right on the money and sound soooo good. As said before the kemper is only as good as the rig/profile loaded. It has great feel and response, the most like a tube amp in my opinion.

You have a tough choice man, both units are great. But ifI knew what I know now, I would havepickeda kemper from the beginning.

Hope it helps a bit. Cheers!

interested in the response to this. I dont use FRFR speakers, just through a cab and power amp but Im sure the info can be ported to my setup as well.

Totally understand. If it was even remotely close I'd suggest another option, but the Kone was designed to go with the software and I think is priced fairly.

They're still shipping via their NZ online store. *waiting patiently in lock down*

cool. Will definately check it out once this pandemic is cleared. Be safe down there. Cheers & thanx for the info

Probably been asked to death, but any suggestions for full range speakers? Not powered monitors, but speakers to go into a guitar cab.

Ive seen these but wondering if they will be good enough to run a full studio rig (amp, mic and cab profile) through

Celestion K12H-200TC

Yesterday ordered the cabinet (will take a week to ship) and seperately a Seymour Duncan Powerstage 170. Got the Powerstage today and was very disappointed by the continuous noise of the fan. Now saw in reviews that others have similar experiences.

Will return it, but what power amp to order now???

sad news there man. Matrix amps are always a solid choice, I had a gt800 1u but I just couldnt get used to it. They are really good power amps though. Light and sound very good. I kinda wish they had presence and resonance knobs.

I wonder how much all of those external power amps could alter a profile's sound...

I use the Mooer baby bomb. I dont notice any tone coloration. I also play through my EVH amp with el34 tubes sometimes and dont notice it much there either. So maybe I just dont know what to listen for? Either way, the baby bomb is a pretty neat piece of gear for the price and the tone.

Had the same issue, didnt know which to go with. I decided to go with the unpowered rack with the controller option. $500 less than just the powered rack version. I figured I could get a power amp a lot easier (and less expensive) than finding just the controller on the used market. Im happy with my choice. Dont need to go stereo any time soon.

Thank you Burkhard. I think this must be what happened to mine because it was never a problem before - and then around 3 firmware releases ago it started and has been the same ever since. Can you further explain what you mean by a store/replace fix? Is this something I'd do in Performance mode? Thank you.

i think he means, once you have changed it in the settings, hit the “store” button, then select replace. ?

This has probably been gone over a million times but, for someone who wants an inexpensive and good power amp as a backup... its got my vote!

Just picked one up yesterday & wow. This little guy is pretty good. Loud - oh ya, check!

Tone and feel is good with nice response. I turn up the power amp sag on the kemper and it helps.

I normally run my kemper through the return of my tube amp which sounds glorious but this is my new at home kit.

Very good and I hope it lasts a while.

I know it is a tough one to get used to. We have all been there and you are right about it not sounding and feeling like a real tube/valve amp. But, remember this is a different beast all together. Once you get the hang of editing your rigs and sounds you will find the versatility in the box you now own. I still have my tube amps and they are awesome, but the kemper is a very good piece of gear. Enjoy and welcome!