Posts by toni dd

Well, yesterday I went to a big music store and tried headrush, yamaha DXR 10 and yamaha DXR 12. Then I went to my rehearsal place and tried (once again) kabinets with different options of cab off, cab on, several imprints, etc, as usual, and later tried a QSC K12 lent by a friend from an other band.

Keep in mind that I am just trying to search for that "tone" or "feel" I get at homestudio, those tones which I get from the Kemper and are perfect to my ears... I mean, it's just a matter of tastes. I agree with earlier comments stating that it's impossible to get that same sound on rehearsal or on stage with my band, but I'll try to get closer since right now it's too distant.

I didn't like Headrush. DXR 12 was much better, in fact I liked it, though it would logically require certain eq, not bad. DXR 10 was to my surprise even much better sounding to my ears. I was almost convinced, though it still wasn't the required sound.

Then, when I tried (once again) Kabinets at my rehearsal, the same old story, not bad, but not satisfying.

And... then I grabbed a QSC K12 from a friend in the band next door, and it blowed me away since it was the closest I've ever heard to the sound I get at homestudio, not perfect obviously, that's impossible to achieve as you have previously stated, I agree, but adjusting some slight eq it was the closest I've ever been on rehearsal to that sound.

The only snag was that it wasn't the QSC K12.2 but the old one QSC K12 and can't find a dealer who sells that old model, so that I'll come back to the music store and ask them to try the QSC K12.2, I hope it will sound the same (fingers crossed...).

Once again, thanks everyone for your comments and recommendations ;)

your assumption that turning the Kemper Kone mode off would activate full range mode is wrong. Without the Kone Mode the Kabinet is a broadband system. You always need to have the Kone Mode active when you use a Kemper Kabinet. If you want to use the Kabinet in full range mode you must make sure that the Monitor cab off option is not activated.

When I use the Kabinet in FR mode, with the Monitor cab off not activated, unfortunately the sound of my beloved profiles is still extremely far from the perfect sound I get at homestudio. Might it be the influence of the SD 700? It would be logical.

I'll follow the suggestions before mentioned and try both headrush and dxr.

Thanks! ;)

Thanks @Howard Brown for such an extensive feedback.

I'll follow your suggestions and give a try to both dxr10 and headrush 112 since I've already largely tried #3.

"...Next, small speakers like Rocket 5 has significantly reduced bass response. KRK in particular are also famous for their bright aggressive highs (...) The higher end rolls off quite a bit faster than studio monitors."

This is curious, since my perception is just the opposite: the highs sound much more aggressive (even harsh and yes, I tried to fix it with eq) to me through kabinet (with any of the 3 options before mentioned) than through krk.

Again, thanks for the answers. I'll try both dxr and headrush ;)

Yes, I agree, but when I'm at rehearsal place all alone, without the band, and I test the sound, is already completely distant to the perfect sound I get at the home studio. Later, with the band, that's an other story and obviously the sound problem not only remains but... as you suggested, it may even get worse... (tiny room, loud drummers, etc... it happens everywhere...) ;)

I'm so desperate that I'm seriously considering to sell the Seymour Duncan powerstage 700 and the 2 non powered Kabinets to buy 2 powered Kabinets, maybe then the sound will be closer to the one I get at homestudio.

Thanks for your feedback.

The sound I get at studio with Kemper imo is 10/10, and all the chosen profiles sound awesome to me.

But at rehearsal, through the kabinets and trying all those different set ups I mentioned before, the sound has got nothing to do with the sounds I get at studio.

The "solution" I used most, like Ruefus mentioned, was Kabinets in full range mode (Kemper Kone off), thinking it would be the closest to the studio sound, but it was equally disappointing.

I also tried to sound at the rehearsal room through Kemper Main Outs into the PA, like in Studio. The rehearsal room is too little, usually we only run the vocals through the PA at rehearsals. Moreover, the PA ain't that good, at the end, I tried but it also sounded far from the wonderful sound I get at studio (even worst than through Kabinets).

Again, big thanks to everyone for your support!

Hi, this is the setup:

Kemper stage Monitor Outputs into 2 non powered Kabinets through a Seymour Duncan 700 powerstage.

As far as the Kemper Kone at the Output menu is concerned, I've been trying three options:

1/ Kemper Kone off

2/ Kemper Kone on / Monitor Cab off and select imprint on (I've tried all of them)

3/ Kemper Kone on / Monitor Cab on

The problem is that no matter what I use, I can't get the same tone I get when I play at homestudio through Kemper Main Outputs into M-audio track eight with KRK Rokit 5 speakers. That's the tone I love, as far as I'm concerned is perfect, but at rehearsal place, with the setup I mentioned before (non powered kabinets and SD700) unfortunately it's completely different. It's driving me crazy... :S

The main output and monitor output menus and eqs are identically setup. I've already tried to adapt the monitor output eq to the rehearsal environment but the difference remains too huge.

Any help is truly welcome! Thanks!

The issue has our full attention, but we cannot reproduce it and therefor we don't understand the root cause. We have tried to provoke such a scenario and have improved aspects. But have not seen the "real" issue in our labs one single time.

Your description is not congruent with other reports. Other users consistently report a complete loss of input signal when returning to a Slot which had been loaded before within a Performance. Happens only in Performance Mode, never in Browser Mode. Happens without Rig Manager involvement. Slots are switched with foot buttons either of Remote or Stage. Sound is completey dead and INPUT LED is completely off. User interface can still be used. Only way to recover tone is a restart.

You report "fades out" and "muffled sound". Please open a support ticket here. We will send a questionaire and ask for data.

Thanks for answering. It also happens to me only in Performance mode, I talked about "profiles" and it misled you, sorry. Also agree with the other details: slots switched with foot buttons on Stage, but sound ain't completely dead, but muffled, I mean that there's an extreme loss of both gain and even volume. I didn't check if the input led was on or off. User interface still can be used and the only way to recover tone is restarting.

I'll open ticket as you suggested right now.

Again, thanks for your kind and fast support.

I'm having exactly the same problem, gain/volume fades out all of a sudden, move to other profiles and still the same, everything sounds muffled, it had never happened, then I reboot Kemper and it works, but it makes me uncomfortable thinking of live gigs. I guess it's a problem which deserves some answers and better atention by Kemper, an update to fix it would be perfect.

Thanks!

YouTube Lost Rachels

Hi! I'd love it if you listened to Welcome, the new single from my band Lost Rachels. Feel free to check the first single too, Black Rain.

All guitars are Kemper, except the acoustic guitars. As fas as profiles are concerned, I mainly used TD - Kir Ham from "Legends Tribute Collection I" and also some Michael Britt profiles here and there. All the guitar effects are from Kemper too, I used some phaser and flanger modulations, drives, boosters and a bit of EQ and delay, the only exception are the solos, where I finally used a hint of delay and EQ from Logic instead. It's a humble home recording so be kind... ;)

Hope you enjoy it! Play it loud!

Available on every platform: Link tree here

If you like it, it would be aweome if you subscribe, follow, like, etc. We are not pros, we are just music lovers, every support is welcome! Thanks in advance for listening, it truly means a lot! :)