Posts by toni dd

I guess you've already done a lot of mixing, imo no need to mess up any longer with compressors, eqs, reverbs, L/R, etc... just master and let everyone listen to it. Nice melodies and arrangements in there ;)

Yes, I guess you've assigned two effects to each one of the effect buttons, nothing wrong with that, but if you didn't mean it, just need to clear those assignments the way the manual explains, just like Ruefus pointed in the previous answer.

Hope it helps! ;)

Come back here, whenever you need it.

I'm not an expert at all, but as far as my experience goes, I strongly recommend reading the manual, no need to hurry, do it patient and carefully. There you'll find most of the answers.

Once you read it, share here any doubt or snag and sure we'll help you ;)

Glad to share with you Black Rain, the first single from my band Lost Rachels.

You can find us on every platform (spotify, itunes, youtube music, youtube, etc) and also trying to mess up on instagram and tik tok.

It's a humble home recording, and as far as guitars are concerned, no need to say all guitars are recorded through Kemper :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Hope you like it!

Play it loud!;)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Lost Rachels Youtube channel

Lost Rachels Instagram Official Account

I've got this message opening Rig Manager: "Rig Manager cannot connect to the Profiler update server. Your login credentials are not valid".

But I haven't changed those credentials. I've checked them and those credentials are right and are the same credentials I've used for the last three or four years, since I got my Kemper.

Hope someone can help me.

Thanks

if you need more than 400w capacity you are playing too loud and will be deaf within the next year or two. Once gone you can’t get your hearing back (take that from someone with some hearing loss and constant tinnitus from standing next to a loud drummer, 5 piece horn section and a mere 100w of Mesa Dual Rectifier for too many years).

Thanks for the wise advise, I've been rehearsing and playing with earprotection since a couple of years ago.

No, assuming you are running the Powerstage 700 in stereo with one side driving each Kabinet, you would reduce your amp potential power output (...)

Yes, I'm running the Seymour Duncan Powerstage 700 in stereo into two unpowered Kabinets.

In your current rig, the wattage should be limited by the speaker admissible watt. The Kones are given for 200 Watts at 4 Ohms. I guess you don't use your Powerstage 700 at its maximum level or it should damage your speakers....

I'm running the Seymour Duncan Powerstage 700 in stereo at medium level, could it damage the Kabinets?

Thanks everyone.

Right now, I play my Kemper Stage with two unpowered Kabinets through a Seymour Duncan Powerstage 700.

If I changed that 700w gear for two powered Kabinets, power would obviously decrease from 700 to 200, and unfortunately, I need power since my drummer plays too loud.

I'll be glad you let me know if I'm wrong about it.

Thanks! ;)

Hi, just a bunch of extra hints.

Don't be afraid to play with certain controls like Definition, Clarity, low and high pass, EQ, etc. I find them extremely useful to match the right tone.

Probably it will take long, so take a break once in a while to rest your ears and mind (it can be used to have fun playing guitar and forgetting about the eternal search of tone) ;)

One last thing I've found useful: playing on your own, certain profiles might not sound perfect to your ears, but in the context of a band rehearsal it will always sound different, it might sit right in a mix and sound perfect or, on the contrary, it might sound even worst.

I hope thats helps!

Hi, as far as Hi Cut and Low Cut, I'm using 100hz and 3500hz, Maybe that 3500 is too low, I've lowered these high ones to avoid some harsh frequencies I get at rehearsal through Kabinets, not at home where everything sounds 10/10, but that's an other story.

As for solo boost, I add a EQ and a Booster.

Hope it helps!

Hi, in a live situation you should send to FOH your main output and keep the monitor output to monitor on stage (for instance through Kabinets or whatever you use).

Check on global output that you have "Cabinet off" not engaged and tweak with Main output's EQ and global High and Low cuts.

On the other hand, maybe that DI/line box and the mixing table you mention are not good enough.

Hope it helps.

Hi everyone, I've found that there are several posts relating issues with the different setups, eqs, high cuts, low cuts, etc all of us use playing at home, at rehearsal, live, etc.

Obviously all those three situations require different solutions. In my case, I'm still struggling to find the right answers and thought it could be useful if we shared our main setups, differentiating among HOME, REHEARSAL and LIVE and just naming the sort of sound we like in an easy, short way, with one single example, only one, for instance: Van Halen Brown Sound, Metallica Black Album, John Mayer Continuum, BB King Live at the Regal, etc. Plus, add your main guitar, so maybe it can help other users with similar gear and/or tastes.

These are my global setups and my gear with Kemper Profiler Stage at 1.HOME, at 2.REHEARSAL and 3.LIVE.

WANTED SOUND: Van Halen Brown Sound

MAIN GUITAR: PRS custom 24

1/ At HOME: two Main outputs into M-Audio M Track Eight soundcard and Rokit 5 KRK monitors.

Satisfaction: 10/10. Awesome sound and tone, everything perfect, the sound in my head. I wish I got that same tone/sound quality at rehearsal or even live.

Output source Main output: Master stereo

Main output EQ: Bass, Mids, Treble and Presence, everything at 0.0

Main volume: -15.8 dB

Output filter: Low cut 100.0 Hz High cut 3010.8. Hz

Global Pure Cabinet on: 3.0

Space Headphones only ON: 3.0 (I don’t use headphones)

2/ For REHEARSALS with the band, I use two Kemper Monitor outputs into Seymour Duncan Powerstage 700 and two Kabinets.

Satisfaction: 6/10. Not a disappointment, it sounds quite ok, but still work in progress to achieve the perfect 10/10 sound I get at home. Any help is welcome! ;)

Output source Monitor output: Master stereo

Main output EQ: Bass, Mids, Treble and Presence, everything at 0.0.

Monitor cab off disengaged, not active

Monitor volume: -15.8 dB

Output filter: Low cut 100.0 Hz High cut 3010.8. Hz (I cut a lot of high frequencies since sound was a bit too harsh in the upper highs)

Global Pure Cabinet on: 3.0

Space Headphones only ON: 3.0 (I don’t use headphones)

Kemper Kone ON

Monitor cab off disengaged, not active

Imprints disengaged, not active ( I tried them, but just not for me, besides I'd rather get the same sound than will go in a live situation to FOH through the main outputs)

Bass boot disengaged, not active

Sweetening 0.0

As it sounds a bit harsh in the high frequencies, in spite of Kemper's High cut 3010.8 Hz, I tweak the Seymour Duncan Powerstage 700 EQ this way: Bass 13h, Mid 08h, Treble 09h. As I said before, any help is welcome!;)

3/ I still haven’t played LIVE with Kemper, so I cannot detail as I did for HOME and REHEARSAL, my last gig was pre pandemic with tube amp and cabinet (lovely Victory V50 and Marshall 4x12), but when it arrives, my LIVE setup will be Kemper's main output into FOH and Kemper monitor's output to Seymour Duncan Powerstage 700 plus two Kabinets for monitoring on stage. Crossed fingers thinking of how to tweak EQs, filters, etc. I hope the sound technician will know hot to deal with Kemper... =O

Hope it can be useful if some of us share our experiences, thanks for reading so far! ;):thumbup:

At home I'd use good studio monitors and the kemper main output into your soundcard. It works great for me. I use M-Audio M Track Eight soundcard and Rokit 5 KRK monitors. In my opinion, the result is 10/10. I wish I got that sound at rehearsal or even live.

For rehearsals with the band, I use Kemper monitor output into Seymour Duncan Powerstage 700 and two Kabinets. It works ok, though it requires a lot of adjustments in global monitor EQ, high cut, low cut, etc. Not a disappointment, but still work in progress to achieve the perfect sound I get at home. Seriously considering to add Kemper's main output to PA in rehearsal, just to check out how it works... but that's an other story.

Live, my setup is Kemper's main output into FOH and Kemper monitor's output to Seymour Duncan Powerstage 700 plus two Kabinets for monitoring on stage.

Hope it helps ;)