Posts by toni dd

I got the Seymour Duncan power stage 700 thinking of my loud drummer and I'm glad to have gone that way. I recommend it. In my case, I play the stage into SD700 and two (non powered) kabinets.

I considered and even tried to turn the "monitor cab off" at the monitor output and play the stage into SD 700 and through a Marshall 1960 4x12 but obviously then most of my chosen profiles sounded too similar, so I made up my mind to use the above mentioned set up: stage, SD700 and two kabinets.

Hope it helps! ;)

Thanks all of you for your kind answers.

As far as live gigs it seems quite clear, as for rehearsals I'm still undecided.

Any recommendation to play guitar through Kemper at rehearsals?

Right now I rehearse playing my stage through two Kabinets, powered through a Seymour Duncan Powerstage 700. It works out and sounds great. Kabients are meant to be stage monitors, but I guess I'm using them to rehearse with the full band and it works. Kemper straight through Kabinet monitors, neither PA nor mixing desk. Maybe you've got other suggestions.

Again, thanks!

Hi everyone,

Please name some PA that you have tried and worked fine with your Kemper, in a live gig or rehearsal with your band.

I play in a five piece rocking band, so I'm not considering PA for just one singer with an acoustic guitar, I'm asking about PA for bands with, that's what it boils down to, Kemper guitar player. For instance: Mackie PROFX12V3 with two Mackie SRM450V3 (that's just an example).

Not asking about monitoring like Kabinets, powered Kabinets, etc, I'm just asking about PA systems that you recommend with your Kemper.

Thank you in advance ;)

Hi, toni dd.

For rehearsal, I want everything to be as close as possible to the live performance experience. That means rehearsing the guitars, mics, and gear including the PA (Bose L1 Pro32). Depending on the gig, I may add in-ear monitors to the gear list.

Thanks ST, I take note of your kind recommendation. Though I'm afraid the Bose L1 Pro32 is too expensive for the guys in my band. Do you play with a whole band or just on your own? I'm thinking of rehearsals with my band, does the Bose L1 Pro32 pass the test of the loud drummer? Again thanks!

It would depend on if the House wants you to use their exclusive PA system, so you may not get to use the FOH sound you want from rehearsal to live. So, a better question would be "which PA would you prefer?" ;)

Hi BayouTexan, I see your point, but I'm not concerned now about the FOH PA system in gigs, right now I just want to hear recommendations about PAs for our private rehearsal place, for my band.

Unfortunately, I guess there isn't much feedback from the rest of users ;) Thanks for answering!

I answered Kabinets to the poll, but I guess the answer depends on wether I'm playing with my band at rehearsal (Kabinet as monitor and PA), playing live (Kabinet as monitor and PA), practicing alone at home (Monitor or Headphones), recording at home (Monitor or Headphones), recording in a studio (Monitor or Headphones), etc.

Thanks all of you for your kind suggestions, I've double checked everything you mentioned, I had already previously checked out some of those items, but I stil haven't got a clue why it happens.

Guitar is a PRS custom 24 USA, cables are high class cables but just in case I also changed them, no extreme settings, noise gate on, "low" feedback appears in no specific location, with any performance, and so on. I noticed that maybe it happens when the volume in the Seymour Duncan powerstage 700 (SDPS) reaches 12am position, so I'll try to increase kemper stage monitor output (mostly around -18 or -20) and low SDPS volume below 12am.

I'll keep on investigating, once again: let me thank all of you for your kind support! ;):thumbup:

Hi, cutting short a long story, my band needs to buy a new PA for rehearsals. Basically, only the singer and my guitar will connect into it.

I would connect Kemper profiler stage main output straight into this Yamaha. My doubt: would it be power/loud enough considering drummer and bass play really loud?

Would you recommend Yamaha Stagepas 600 as PA for rehearsal?

Thanks

Hi! Playing through Kemper power stage, seymour duncan powerstage 700 and two kabinets, there is a low "bass" frequency feedback rising up whenever I stop playing.

I noticed if the volume is lowered then it doesn't happen so often. I don't play too loud, but more volume was necessary. The point is, it wasn't too loud and there should be no low frequencies feedback.

The low cut output frequencies are already cut to 100Hz (though maybe it doesn't work for the monitor output and only works for the main output, now I'm not sure about it).

Really don't understand why that low feedback happens, never before happened. Any help will be truly appreciated.

Thanks

I had a similar problem yesterday playing through Kemper power stage, seymour duncan powerstage 700 and two kabinets. Never happened before. There was a low "bass" frequency feedback rising up when I stopped playing. The low cut output frequencies are already cut to 100Hz (though maybe it doesn't work for the monitor output and only works for the main output, now I'm not sure about it). Really don't understand why that low feedback happens. Any help will be truly appreciated.

Yup, I don't have a Stage but that looks like you'd have stereo Kabinets, and stereo to FOH.

You may find that stereo doesn't work well for some situations, so you could then send either stereo or mono to FOH, and mono to either channel of the SD700, or I suppose you could use a Y cable to split a mono output from the Stage to both inputs of the SD700. Never tried that myself.

Yes, I know and agree about stereo. In rehearsals, stereo is ok for me, but in certain gigs I agree is a source of problems, then I'd just go to the output section of the Kemper Profiler Stage and set Master Mono in Monitor Output and Main Output.

Again, thanks for your kind support ;)

It's a stereo amp, so the two outputs are separated L/R. The only thing common is the single volume control.

***EDIT*** And the EQ

So, since the two outputs are separated in the seymour duncan powerstage 700, there's no need to daisychain both Kabinets and the result would be 4 ohm each and... 350 w each one? Or 700 w each one?

And the setup could be:

Guitar into input Kemper Profiler Stage (KPS)

From Monitor L/R of the KPS to the inputs L/R of the Seymour Duncan Powerstage 700 (SDP700)

From SDP700 L Speaker Output to Kabinet 1

From SDP700 R Speaker Output to Kabinet 2 (not daisychain at all between Kabinets)

+From Main Outputs L/R XLR of the KPS to PA or FOH

Output in KPS set to Master Stereo for both Main Output and Monitor Output.

Do you think it's ok?

Thanks!