Posts by bongorilla

I just got the Sabbath pack as well ..

It's hard to say right now because I haven't tried it with p90 pickups yet .

So far I've played through it with an ibananez js2450 w/ passive DiMaggios

and an Eii eclipse with active EMG's,

with those 2 guitars it wasn't there for me , It sounded a bit muddy and tinny , and not quite right.

It helped to split the coils and bring down the presence and treble a bit , but with those 2 guitars it wasn't plug and play for me with the sabbath pack .

I'm thinking the p90's are essential to getting Iommy's tone.

I was blown away by TJ's EVH pack and I really like the AC/DC pack as well..

I definitely want to try the sabbath pack with some p90's next cause it sounded really good on TJ's demo.

Have you tried it with p90 's ?

Thank you for the comments and suggestions.

I had a chance to fix the problem I had here with my 2019 MacBook Pro w/ Catalina 10.15 OS recognizing Profiler powerhead @ thunderbolt/USB ports..

the computer just needed a "SMC reset" which took about 10 min.

I have the T2 security chip in mine so I followed the prompts @ apple for the proper reset procedures for that type .

This might help somebody else who has this problem connecting Kemper/ Rig manager to MacBook .

Just google SMC reset MacBook and follow the prompts for your type of computer . There is also a list of computer symptoms and one of them is

"computer won't recognize hardware at USB ports"

its all good this profiler rocks ! lovin this thing :thumbup:

Ha !

I was getting super frustrated yesterday with this !! X(

finally after a long day of electronic fatigue and agony it dawned on me to try to hook up my UR28m interface to the crapbook and viola !! It didn't work too !!

Ha ha, so I was relieved and dug up my old MacBook and it was all good from there. I DL'd the software and plugged it in and It instantly recognized the toaster and life was better from then on :)

what a relief! now I can get back to what matters in life and enjoy my new toaster . I guess I'm gonna clear up some hard drive space on my old MacBook and use that instead as a dedicated item for the toaster and home studio .

as for that new crapbook , well, I'm gonna take it to apple and drop it off and tell em fix it ,, call me when its ready ..

Ill bring the toaster with me and check it before I leave apple

So to wrap this thread, thank you everybody for the comments and suggestions.

My new MacBook is a 2019 Catalina 10.15 ver that has USB port problems and is going back to crapple for repair

my old MacBook is 10.5 ver and works seamlessly with Kemper

I like that little Kemper that thing is cool AF

y'all have a good 1,

My Kemper head will not connect to my 2019 MacBook Pro.

that's all there is to say. I'm gonna wrap it up and return it as a defective item and buy a new one from a dealer and take it from there.

I've ran across many threads and tried all solutions offered but most threads where unresolved. I am guessing Kemper has a problem with defective units , or defective USB ports ???

is there customer service in the US ?????

I bought a demo profiler that came with no manuals or anything but the amp.

I downloaded the manuals and read through and downloaded rig manager.

My problem is this demo model will not connect to my 2019 MacBook Pro.

I plug into thunder port to usb on back of profiler and there is no connection at all.

I checked my Mac and it says there is nothing plugged in.

Any ideas?