Posts by dblever

So I'm on this trip of trying to get some lofi tones for guitar on the Kemper. I did a heap of 'research' to find there are plenty of pedals eg VFEX lofi junky, Chase Bliss warped Vinyl etc that replicate the sounds I am after. I have spent many hours playing around with the effects on my stage but I am not satisfied with the results I am getting.

For one thing, the vibrato effect still sounds more like a chorus to my ears, and I am not sure it is 100% effect or there is still pure guitar signal mixed with it so it is not warped enough. I have also tried using the Mutron preset for filtering but it wasn't random enough for my liking.

I am using an AC10 profile which has a nice kind of boxy tone that I like.

Is there anyone who has had some success with the Kemper for lofi? Keen to hear from anyone and/or your rigs.

Hi I'm not sure if I'm using the correct jargon here but I am thinking of buying an external two way switch to enable freeze and infinity on the relevant effects. First of all is this possible, can it be set universally and are there cheaper alternatives to the Kemper brand?

Further to this (I'm trying to do the looping/ice pad from Chords of Orion in my last post)...

The looper is before the volume pedal as it won't record my volume swells however if I put the looper at the output, I can't tweak parameters of the effects on the fly. Does anyone know of a work around?

It's really easy , I use the freeze fonction from the various delays. I use these constantly : hit a chord or a single note , let it ring until you got desired tone , hit freeze & record .

I got that far in my own attempts but it is the ability to constantly tweak the parameters so the the pad evolves and changes, plus the reverse and octave drop I can't wrap my head around.

Best thing is layering some single notes on multiple tracks to build complex chords , easily beats super expensive analog synths with a super thick analog vibe.

When you say multiple tracks do you mean into a DAW? Sounds interesting but can you elaborate?

Be creative by using with a ebow or a slide will also help. All kind of octavers will also reach super lows or really high notes.

Not a fan of the bow reminds me of Chords of Orion lol

Fuzz at full gain will keep ringing forever also , constant feedback

Another possibility would be volume swells and morph pedal.

Will def try these thanks

Hi

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, even tho I am a registered owner for some reason I can't post under tips and tricks...

I came across this video on creating drones using the Strymon TL and a looper. Would anyone be willing to create a step by step process of doing the same (if it's possible) on the Kemper. I tried but my brain seems to go to mush trying to work it out. Any help would be awesome.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Best regards

Dale

Looking at the DIY posts , the external pedal looks like a fairly generic design so rather than chew up my time making one does anyone have any suggestions of any third party pedals that will do the job . I've looked at the OCD gear but there must be cheaper options surely? eg the Vox VFS2, Hotone Ampero anyone have experience with these?

Place a delay in the delay stomp. I'm not in front of my KPA, but many if not all have an option for post/pre stack. Opens up a slot.

Actually I don't think you can. There is a mix: pre/post option but that is a different thing. The issue is I want the booster before my OD so it can just boost or drive more input to the green scream. If anything had to be sacrificed before the stack, it would prob be the tremolo, but the sound post stack is not good to my ears and I would rather just put it in a different rig. Maybe this is one for the Kemper guys to implement? Thanks for all the replies everybody.

As the question indicates, I have the stage and I need more effects before the stack. Is there an option to move effects that are loaded post stack to before?

I want to have a boost and assign it to the Looper switch. I already have distortion/shaper then tremolo and delay. I am reluctant to move delay post stack as I like the sound better going into the amp. Any other suggestions?

Hi fellow KP users

I have noticed sometimes when typing a new name for whatever in the display, it doesn't automatically step to the next character. I have not been able to understand why it sometimes works and then doesn't. This may or may not be a bug so can anyone tell me why this behaviour is not consistent?

Sorry if this sounds cryptic I just don't know the right terminology. I have so far around 12 performances saved on my KPS. I want to be able to scroll all the way through and back to number one without going all the way through the 127 slots. Is there a way to do this? I couldn't find anything in the forum or on google but maybe I'm asking the wrong way8o I had a Timeline that had this as an option.

Thanks heaps for the info. It did set me on the right track. So I set dip switches for expression, connected via TRS and from the expression/tuner output of the pedal. All good but the curve is still very unwieldy, but in a different way. Now it is either pretty much all on or all off. Type 1/2 doesn't make any difference. Is there a way to change the curve in the Kemper?