Posts by Flavviuss

Hello guys,

Did anyone noticed that after a while of using the Kemper remote, the switches are getting harder to press. I compared the switches that I use most frequently with the ones not used and the difference in behaviour is very big. The ones used are making strange noise and also do not work so smooth. Is there a workaround for this? Is seems that some metal on metal friction sound. Does the pedalboard need some kind of maintenance?

Hi guys,

Since the Kemper Headphone Amp sounds awesome, I have decided to use Kemper for monitoring during live shows. So I am placing my band from the Mixer aux into Kemper auxiliary inputs(Stereo). After that I mix between my guitar (which is panned a bit on the right from the rig panorama) and the band. The problem is that My guitar Eq(I use Parametric EQ) is built so I can here it good using my In era monitors (Audio Technica ATH e 70). Therefore on the FOH Mixer the guitar sounds quite differenet (too much highs etc..). Is it possible somehow to have different EQ for the FOH? Or somehow to skipp the parametric eq on the main outs and let the FOH guy to make the final guitar tone?

Hi guys,

I want to use the headphones output on stage for monitoring but I cannot find a solution that suits my needs.

In general I have my guitar panned about 75% on right in my ears when playing together with the band.

In the kemper, the band comes in stereo by using the AUX IN. The band comes from the mixer and I can set the instruments panning exactly how I want them.

Now the issue:

- When using the Kemper headphones out I cannot hear ONLY the aux signal. Is there a way to cut the guitar from the headphones out? If I can do this then I will pan my guitar directly from mixer and all set.

- I can also cut the guitar that comes from the mixer and pan the guitar signal in the kemper headphones amp but I think this is not possible. As far as I know I can only pan al the stereo signals(also the AUX IN).

I even try to make a combined signal from the mixer and the guitar in Kemper but there is a small latency problem which creates a comb effect so this does not work.

Any ideas?

Are you using the headphones out for monitoring?

Thanks for info. Sad part because I've expected maybe that the rigs contain more information about the used guitar for making the profiles. In this way I will only use the profiles made for my kind of guitar. I am not giving up :). Most of the cleans sound thin, or maybe too harsh. Part of the problem was solved by lowering the clean sense. Long way to goo..

Hi guys,

Flavius here and nice to meet you.

I play guitar for 22 years now and I'm coming from traditional Guitar Heads /cabinets. My last cabinet was a Mesa Boogie lone star Special which I sold already.

First of all Kemper is amazing. I heard it in 2014 at someone's home and I considered it a total crap at that time but that was because the guy did not know how to use it....But now I can not leave without it. What I like the most compared to the other brands at the market is "Endless options". In order to like Kemper you need to understand that knobs tweaking is a must.

So for the distorted sounds i think Kemper it's brilliant. For the clean sounds I am still struggling to find a perfect tone. In general I hear some kind of "plastic" tone when I play on clean rigs.

I own an american stratocaster hss with AT-1 humbucker.

The sad part is that even if the exchange forum is full of rigs and also there are a lot of good profilers out there that sell brilliant tones, it all depends on the guitar you have.

Many rigs will not sound ok for your guitar/pickup combination. And this is where digging starts. You have to find a good profiler guy that has similar guitar in order to obtain a good tone. Maybe I am a newbie or maybe I am wrong, but this is just what I noticed.

I decided to go for the profiler and the remote even if the stage was already released. This is because I want to have it in my face to tweak buttons and stuff. But because of the kemper remote connection cable issues I am having second thoughts now. I am a professional live player and I am afraid that the remote connection will be a problem

Feel free to give comments/remarks.

Thanks

Well, I am starting to notice a real problem with the remote... It seems that going for the new kemper stage will be an option. For a professional player the remote thing and the utp cable seems a big issue.

It is the original Cable that came with Kemper remote. I bought the remote one month ago. I had special care with the connection knowing that it is quite fragile. I only had a live gig with it and some rehearsals. I tried to lower the lcd remote brightness (some say it helps). Anyway if the problem persist I will try also with a short CAT 5 cable. I will never need the very long cable because I like to keep the Kemper near me anyway.

Hi guys,

I know the subject is not new. I have the kemper profiler and remote, latest sw versions. Today the remote restarted randomly. The cable is new and also the remote, only a few times used.

Anyone experiencing the issue?