Posts by mcuz51

Hi everyone,

I was in a budget to have a little active cab to pair with my Stage.

I came across the G112A-FR that seemed to be a good option (208 EUR stock B), by replacing the stock speaker (really not that great with the K) by a Kemper Kone Neo…

And the result is great! A lightweight and very good option to push some wind on stage, as well as being hooked on the PA at the same time.

The Kabinet has different thickness of 10 to 20 mm.

But the thickness does not have an influence on the highend frequencies.

Have you tried the Monitor Equalizer?

Yes, that is what I did when I had the F12-X200 in this same cab, it needed a lot of EQ. It's working also with the Kone and it does not require as much EQ tweaking. I guess it is the best option to make it brighter ? And if read the manual right, I can hook my KPA to the cab with a specific EQ, while it is also connected to the PA with the separate main output EQ ?

Thank you for your answer Christoph, and for your amazing gear.

Yes, I read the part of the manual (IRTFM :) )about the Kone before posting and tried both. It seems you are right, the DXR12 is brighter and that is what I am used to.

As you mentioned, the phone recording is not really "judicable"...

A quick question though, what is the thickness of the Kabinet please ? Mine is 18mm thick.

skoczy mcuz51

Can you provide a couple of examples of Kemper Factory Content/Rig Pags/ Rig Exchange, or otherwise free rigs with this issue?

And - what guitar(s) and pickups are you using? Do you have Clean/Distortion sense locked, or are you using the settings in the Rigs?

Send a video with the different setting combinations (specifically Kone output page and maybe the CAB and AMP settings and any EQ settings).

I seem to be able to get any sound sounding good, but sometimes a lot of EQ adjustment is required.

Sure, here are some from KFP but there are a lot more having this "blanket over the speaker" that I don't have with the DXR12 :

TAF - MeBo Still Crnch

AS - Diesel VH Four

MB - 65 Fan BM Tim

I am using a 1993 ESP M-II equipped with EMG 89X & EMG 89XR and settings from the rigs. Clean/Distorsion sense are not locked.

I witnessed that this problem is even more obvious with the FRFR mode. I tried to record it with my phone but of course it does not sound as obvious as when you are in the room...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eyuxuqh3hm1mzgi/IMG_0865.MOV?dl=0

For me it also is nasal and with blanket over the speaker. When I unselect Monitor Cab Off, it sounds more alive, but kinda fizzy. Really weird. On clean and hairy profiles it is amp in the room however.

Weird... Have you got the Kabinet or a custom cab with the Kone ?

What settings were you using with "Kemper Kone" and "Monitor Cab Off" - both selected? What kind of profiles did you try (gainy or cleaner)?

Flat monitor EQ, Directivity at 5, profiles coming from Michael Britt, TopJimi, Lars Luettge, Lasse Lammert & Tone Junkie. All of them have this muddy & supercharged in medium & low medium aspect that I do not have with a DXR12...

Send a video with the different setting combinations (specifically Kone output page and maybe the CAB and AMP settings and any EQ settings).

I seem to be able to get any sound sounding good, but sometimes a lot of EQ adjustment is required.

Thank you man, I will record something tomorrow. the fact is, I am used to rehearse with two Yamaha DXR12, and the sound is nowhere like the one I get with the Kone in my cab. I know it is supposed to be different, but here it is TOTALLY different. SO different that I was wonderingif it could come from my cab structure or something wrong with my powered toaster...

Dear friends,

I received my Kemper Kone that I installed into a Montage 1x12.

I am having a strange feeling that Ì also had with the F12-X200, that a lot of profiles sound "muddy" (lots of bass & medium lows), just like if the cab was in the next room.

I tried to adjust the Monitor EQ and I obtained something quite satisfactory but it seems strange that so many profiles sound dull...

It is even duller when I am in FRFR mode...

Anyone had the same experience ? An idea to know where it comes from ? The thickness of the cab ?

I can't make a pro recording but I can make a video to show that...

Thanks a lot everyone !