Posts by jippitygem25

Nah no expressions or other, tom foolery.

Havent had a chance just yet to test out again after turning on and off a few times but maybe ill actually pull from power before I test tonight when I get a chance.

The weird thing is all the problems Ive faced usually happen during gigs and not rehearsals or bedroom practices haha

I was going to make a new topic but Im pretty sure I just experienced this yesterday.
    Hit a random crash message after going back from tuning the tuning button. I had just turned my master volume down like 5 seconds before it happened. Was playing at just before 9 oclock and it was pretty loud in the room...moved it to half of that amount so literally like 1.5 lights were lit. blamo crash screen.

Reboot -- everything came back but im pretty sure for some reason the volume dropped while the leds went back to 9oclock. So the volume seemed to be audibly where I set it but not represented on the nob.... Is that possible?? I feel like I had to dime up the volume to nearly 50% to get the same level I had at half that amount...? Shit!

did you have an expression pedal hooked up? Alot of these weird glitches are beginning to concern me

If you left "WahPedal to Volume" activated, your Wah Pedal is controlling pedal volume as soon as no wah effect is present or active. And when you activate a wah effect or move to another Rig with an active wah effect, the pedal volume will be maintained (except if it's below 25%) and your expression pedal while being dedicated to the wah effect cannot access pedal volume anymore. If you are not aware of those intended mechanics it might cause surprises.

If you want your expression pedal to exclusively control wah effects, configure it as Wah Pedal and deactivate all pedal links at the top of that page.

I think I understand. I might have to read this again later and play around with my Kemper. But to your points above, my pedal is always flat (front all the way down) until I start using it. So the volume shouldnt be changing anyway unless the pedal was moving correct?

The appropriate settings will depend on which function or combination of functions you want to use with your pedal.

What would you like your pedal to be able to do?

Most of the time it is just Wah. I created a patch to do Killing in the Name Of. But mostly just Wah. I actually don't want the pedal to control volume at all. I may start experimenting with morphing. But generally, that page just has me confused. I didn't know it existed until last night. And if you saw one of my other posts Ive been having problems with volume drop off happening randomly and I want to make sure this page or my pedal isnt the problem

Try the following after step 8: Use RIG Up button moving one Performance up followed by RIG Down button moving one Performance down.

I doubt that the stored Performances are impacted by step 8, just the temporary buffer might be confused.

Thanks for your response. Somehow the problem fixed itself as I browsed through performances, my first one came back. I never thanked the Lord more in my life. But still not sure what happened or how I fixed it?

Performance Mode or Browser Mode or both?

At which level is the bar of the Volume Pedal in the Pedals Menu, when this happens? In other words, can you fix the issue by raising the bar to max using soft knob 3 and cranking it up to 127?

So far only performance mode. I will have to try this next time. Are you talking about Page 1 of 5 under the Pedals menu? I just discovered this last night and made another post about it because I am confused. It's possible when moving the pedal around it lowered the volume somewhere, but how does that work if I switch to a rig where the pedal should be assigned to Wah?

When you click Pedals and go to Page 1 of 5, the "Pedal Links" page. What is this supposed to look like for most? There are boxes at the top you can check off and there are some changeable parameters. I feel like I've been having some issues with my ME expression pedal so I wanted to ask about this page first.

Anyone experience random volume drop offs after switching rigs or performances? This has happened a couple times to me recently and I have no clue what is causing it. A system restart has fixed it so far but that's not ideal. I have not been able to reproduce this and i am on 7.1.5. Let me clarify, when this happens, even my pretty high gain channel will sound clean, but when i restart the Stage, it's back to normal. This most recently happened while playing with headphones and at a gig, right after sound check. Hoping a few of you can chime in.

Any idea how to get the whammy effect for the solo in the song? This guy in the video nails it but nothing in the comments explains it. I've only seen a couple other threads on it, but wondering if there is any updated information or new ideas? Seems like a pitch shifter set up to 24 and you have to set the pedal to expression? And you have to hit the pedal all the way down or it will sound off?

Video for reference:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

As suggested by Kemper support, I did a flash initialization to start my kemper like new and then did a restore and everything was restored fine. As instructed:

In order to reset the PROFILER to the as-delivered-state please perform the following steps:
    1. First, consider to create a backup as this process will delete all user data and reset all settings.
    2. Upgrade to the current PROFILER operating system release software. The steps are described in the manual.
    3. Press and hold SYSTEM Button and Soft Button 1 (left above display) while powering on.

4. Keep holding the buttons until "System Maintenance " appears on the display.
    5. In Maintenance Mode press "Recovery", "Flash Init", "Yes", "Ok".
    6. Then press the EXIT button and reboot or simply restart the PROFILER. The PROFILER will now start empty without any data.

7. Restore the backup via USB memory stick. The process is explained in the manual. The PROFILER will restart automatically.

8. Shut down. Press and Hold the two buttons RIG and SYSTEM while powering on. Keep holding until message appears "Initializing…".
    The PROFILER will now start like a brand-new device under current software and will ask for your confirmation of date, time and Owner Name entry.

This all went well until step 8. After step 8, my 2nd performance was copied to my first performance and everything about what I had for performance 1 was copied over. I tried restoring again but it's not changing. Any ideas how to get it back?

I do understand your last two sentences. And logically it makes sense that it wouldn't be the same sound. But then how come some people say they get very close to their FOH sound and others say they dont? Maybe it's the style of music being played? A hard rock/metal solo might be harder to emulate via IEMs than a jazz solo maybe?

The first time you plug a USB memory stick into the PROFILER, it creates three folders: Shared, Backups, OS Update. Backups are stored in the folder "Backups" and the restore searches there. If that folder doesn't exist, the restore might not work. There is no need to wipe this structure and data out for an upgrade or downgrade. It sounds like you destroyed this structure.

That makes sense. How would I fix this now?

Getting a good sound from IEMs depends very much on the way they fit in your ears. I thought I would never like IEMs until I switched from soft rubber to memory foam tips. If you get a good seal, the sound of your guitar in the IEMs will sound like studio monitors.

Can you link to what you bought? I will state, I don't think my sound is bad, it's just not the same with the full attack and punch as it has from coming out of a monitor. I get that it's not supposed to be like that, but there should be a way to come close.

I'm using the jacks for IEM and XLR for FOH so I have the same "main out" EQ going to both. The IEM signal gets some extra EQ in the mix rack, not sure what we do there exactly but I could check it out for you.

What might help as well is checking what your IEMs and wireless pack sounds like, just play some normal music through it that you know well. Perhaps your IEMs themselves are just dull for instance or the pack has some setting screwed up. Just to make sure you know what you're working with.

So all you do is just EQ your IEM mix separately? Or are you using two separate channels? Sorry but I am confused as well LOL. Just started diving into this because I got IEMs and I liek having the sound right there but I can tell it doesn't carry the same attack or punch. I use SHure 535s buds.

"Plugged the USB stick into my computer and dragged the file out of the USB stick. Downgraded my KEMPER to 7.1.5 then emptied out the USB file. Dragged the backup to the USB stick and put it back in the KEMPER...."

Not clear, why you did all that!?

If you created a backup on your USB stick under a beta OS, you should simply downgrade. As soon as you plug in the USB stick under 7.1.5 release or just leave it plugged, you are able to restore the backup. PROFILER backups created under any 7 revision are compatible and USB sticks once acquainted to a PROFILER don't need reformatted.

Thanks for responding Burkhard. Allow me to explain. I thought when you download new software on the kemper, the only thing that can be on the USB stick is that file for the software. I had to downgrade to 7.1.5 because I experienced a weird issue during a gig and I was running the beta. I get what you're saying, but I am still confused as to why my Stage unit didnt read the file on the USB stick to restore it. What exactly did I do wrong? I had the backup file on the USB stick. Does it need to be renamed to something else so the Kemper can read it?

Playing a gig last night and switched performances to a rig with Transpose on. As soon as I hit the rig with Transpose, I lost complete volume. I tried my other patches with Transpose and I wasn’t getting volume. The patches without transpose were. It’s possible something could’ve been wrong with the house sound but I doubt it. I had the sound guy mute me and I restarted the system and it was fine for the rest of the night. Any ideas what this could’ve been? I did downgrade my system to the 7.1.5 as suggested by Kemper Support to avoid any issues in a beta. And everything was working fine at home before the gig. This is the second week in a row with weird glitches like this on my stage and these types of glitches are gig killers