Posts by jippitygem25

I’m very new to windows 10 so I’m not too savvy with it yet. I def am going to try a couple of your suggestions. But to answer your first question, by crashes I mean out of nowhere the mouse cursor will move but won’t actually click anything. And the keyboard stops working. Cant even hit the windows button or any back door shut downs. Yesterday i was using Spotify with rig manager and kemper all hooked up to my pc and Spotify froze as well; rather it glitched and just kept repeating the same line lol. When this happens the only option I have is to use the power button and power off and then power on. When I power back on, it doesn’t tell me there were any errors or issues. Nothing in my error report log either. And like I said, so far this has only happened when I’m using rig manager hooked up to my kemper

Recently downloaded Rig Exchange on my PC. but everytime I use it with the cable connected to my kemper stage, my PC crashes and mouse and keyboard eventually become unresponsive. I uninstalled Rig Exchange and re-installed and it worked for about a day or two with no issues until just now. This only happens when I am using rig exchange and connected to the kemper stage. I have the latest version downloaded as well. Any ideas what this could be?

OK,understood. I initially thought that it was the wah that was causing morphing to happen rather than the other way around. I’ll give it some thought.

Thanks, and Ive confirmed this because when I turn off the Wah effect, then my preset morphs normally. Also, for wah, if i want the expression pedal to be flat (front of pedal all the way down) and have no effect until I use it, should it be Bypass@stop or Bypass@toe?

If you are hooked up straight to Kemper and into DAW then you don't need any acoustic decoration--only when using mics for recording. You can get away saving money by using a small closet at home and lining it with foam for an amp iso booth. Even works for singing if you are not claustrophobic.

My wife wants all my amps in the closet when in use. ;)

I am not planning on any recording at the moment, just want some monitors to play songs and my kemper through. Right now Im just using headphones through Kemper and cable from kemper to computer so I can get the tunes through my headphones

I will read more into this, thanks for the links

I have my Wah effects set to Bypass @stop and don't have any part of the Wah assigned to being Morphed but when the wah effect is on I definitely hear something being morphed on my presets after I click Morph. When I turn the Wah off it does not happen. Any ideas what this could be? Sometimes my wah pedal reacts differently on my carpet as opposed to a hard, flat surface so that could be it. Is my wah set to the wrong bypass? I usually like to have the pedal all the way down (flat) but not be in effect until I start using it.

So after some research, it doesn't seem feasible to do any room treatment right now since I won't be in my current place too much longer. This lead me to favor the iLoud Micro Monitors and the iLoud Micro MTM's the most. I have a small desk and smallish room so the Micro Monitors would be a convenient fit for that aspect, and apparently they're meant to provide a fantastic near field sound and I typically play right in front of my computer. So the Micro Monitor pairs checks the convenient, budget, and good enough sound boxes. However, since room treatment is so important and I can't do it right now, maybe I increase the budget for the MTM's which have an automatic "room calibration technology," which, "compensates for acoustic deficiencies." ----> Taken right from Sweetwater site. Usually with music gear, I tend to believe, Buy cheap, buy twice. Could be annoying to buy the micro pair and then a year later get the MTM's. Just talking out loud here lol.

FM3 can do it too :)

AxeFX3 not only can have a different amp per channel but it also supports dual amps. So that's 8 amps per preset :D

Oh I think I misunderstood my bad. You can do similar on the Kemper though just by making each rig a different amp; one performance can have 5 different amps if you wanted.

On AxeFX3 you can absolutely swap amps on scenes changes. You get 4 channels on the amp block which can be set to any amp per channel.

True, but I don't want to bring a rack mount to gigs. And the FM3 (which I really want to try) cant do that (could be wrong). To clarify, it's not the reason I would buy a product, not even top 10 but it is a great topping on the ice cream cone

This might not only answer the last questions about scenes (=seamless switching) but imo also shows me good and usable tones. Tastes (real or imaginary ones) may differ:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It sounds killer and very cool function to have as backup; say youre at a gig and your bass player and other guitarist run into some rig issues. Just have them build some presets just in case and youd be set.

If I wanted to play a song that normally has capo on 4th fret, would I set the transpose to +4? the song is Im Yours by Jason Mraz, I know I can just learn it with open chords and no capo but is this transpose correct?

Now THAT is a great point. In a few other threads I have suggested this as well. A form factor with minimal controls, about the size of the FC with a bluetooth phone app for live tweaks, no ability to profile, but the same internal processing and ability to use the rig manager and editor would be ideal .... especially if it came in around about half the price of the Stage product.

Such a product would likely fly off the shelves.

Kind of sounds like the FM3 no? Although I dont know if they have a bluetooth app and its a bit more than half the price of kemper stage. And of course it's a different approach than kemper, but checks many of those boxes you mentioned

Another comparison including the Kemper here.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

In this one I have the impression than the QC seems to be closer than the Kemper but I am not sure if it is due to a level difference.

QC definitely does a better job here

I have the JBL 305s and they are great. Just want to throw this out there, take a look a the Headrush 108 powered speaker. They are small enough for studio and also loud enough to gig with, and very portable. They only cost $219 and sound great with the Kemper profiles. I used a pair of them in stereo last weekend at a gig and I had no issues with tone or volume. I could have gotten away with one as they are very loud. Most importantly they sound great.

I already have the headrush 108 that I use for gigs but I think lower volumes at home it sounds far from ideal lol. Studio monitors at home would def be better than the headrush 108 in my opinion