Posts by jippitygem25

In a couple years from now, Helix 2 or Kemper 2 or Axe FX 4 or whatever have you will employ Rabea and Pete thorn to do paid promotions and they will highlight why those products are better than whatever they promoted in the past lmao. Just the nature of the game. Im still super excited for this to come out and for us to see more of it to make more informed decisions. it looks like a really cool product

Totally agree with this. And thats not to say the QC wont be as good or better than Kemper, just need to see a higher volume of demos from different people

A few videos put out to promote the new QC showing a QC trying to sound better than competition. Shocking!!

This is why Im going to wait haha. I really dig my kemper stage, but im sure if these top gear demo youtubers were paid by helix to push the product they could easily convince the helix sounds better than kemper. Need to see a much higher volume of material from everyone as opposed to paid pros doing demos. I think these demo makers are genuine chaps, but if theyre being paid by Neural then they have to make it sound better in the demo lol. That's not to say it can't/doesn't sound better, just gotta wait and hear more

I Would prefer an Effekt like the SIM1 XT-1 (https://www.sim-one.it/)
    which could be placed in Slot A of the KPA.
    Any Guitar could be used without additional Hardware.
    I think the Kemper guys have the knowledge to program such an effekt.

Something like that would be cool and would also be cool if it could change tunings. Like Les paul in Drop D and then click for your strat in standard, etc...

This would interest me provided they build a high quality guitar to install it into.

That would be cool too but I understand how much work would be needed to do both. With that being said, people who own both a Variax and Helix have some seriously awesome potential. You can change your rigs/helix scenes or strips (whatever theyre called) with the knobs on the variax guitar. Thats a pretty good capability

We've disabled the Rigs for now. It is important to note that editing a Rig doesn't make it your own creation. In other words, you cannot take a commercial Rig (or any Rig you haven't profiled yourself) and upload a modified version. You also cannot take a Profile, use it with another Rig and upload it to Rig Exchange. It even doesn't matter if the license agreement of the Profile you've used allows sharing, because we (Kemper) do not allow uploads to Rig Exchange unless you're the exclusive creator of the content.

GS

Will you put them back up at all?

Seeing all the hype with Neural DSP Quad Cortex thread and discussing the potential good competition Kemper might have in the near future, I think it would be a home run for kemper to dive into the guitar modeling world. And this is coming from a pretty satisfied Line 6 Variax owner. The line 6 variax is cool and in my perspective, gets like 80% of the way there, but the software isn't actively updated much. It is also limited to the software. But I love the idea of convenience in terms of the guitar and I think Kemper could knock it out of the park alongside whatever the next Kemper product is.

Attached a picture for reference. I play through Garageband often and was messing around and found a stock preset I tweaked a bit and had some real fun with with my Fender HM Strat. Normally, Im a Marshall guy, but I believe this is a Vox in this picture? I've never played around with Vox's so would love to hear some solid Vox preset ideas or some boutique Vox amps to try to match this tone. I want to start playing with different amps and try different voicings for fun. I know Vox is a completely different voicing than Marshall but I was able to get a solid lead tone out of this and rip it up. Never though about using TWO treble boosters lol.

you are requesting to make transpose in the rig menu controllable by a switch to be precise since it is already available there.

Yes, that is precise. For instance, I have my Rig A. I've got 4 pre amp stomps and my FX loop stomps all set up/occupied. I want to be able to use this rig between E and Eb. So I somehow would need to assign the Transpose to a separate button (lets use looper for now), so I can just hit the looper button and change the rig tuning.

in order to control the transpose effect with a switch you need to assign it to one of the stomp modules which leaves you with 7 more effects that you can use in a rig. You can also use the transpose function in the rig menu. That does not need a stomp slot but is not controllable with a switch. In that case simply create a copy of the rig with the desired transpose value and switch between them. These are the options available.

Okay cool thanks. so what I am requesting/suggesting if at all possible would be to make transpose available, but not as a stomp

so you have all 4 of your pre-amp effects available and the transpose assigned to the looper? Do you have to lock it? Or can I just click it whenever I want to change the half step tuning?

Would be so cool to be able to hit a button and change my rig from Eb to E or vice versa without having to change a performance or patch. And it would be cool if it didn't have to take up a pedal slot. Depending on the gig, sometimes it is easier for me to stay within 1-2 rigs, and this would be awesome.

Ok, final new song from the same sessions I posted above. Once again. All Kemper and all MBritt. Pretty much the same profiles as above. 65 champ. 69 Marshall and LDW on the solo. There is also an MBritt AC30 in there to give the chugging part a little more punch. This time we added the green screamer on the solo because the LDW is super thick sounding and we needed it to cut through everything that was going on underneath it, and we wanted it to give it a little bit of a fuzz or hair. The solo is at the end in the jam part.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Awesome song and kemper sounds. are yall on spotify? I think I tried looking the other day but couldnt find

Good solution if you like to add vocals, etc.

https://apogeedigital.com/products/one/ipad

Keys, mic, guitar, (you can get a mic attachment on an arm as well) https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/irigkeysio/

just guitar - https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/irighd2/

The apogee is cool little too much for me

So iRig is basically for if I just want to plug my guitar into the iPad and play via garageband (or AmpliTube since it comes with that)?

Do you need a "modelling interface"? This is a Kemper forum after all... If you have a Kemper, you just need a USB audio interface to get the audio from Kemper to iPad. If your iPad Pro is USB-C you'll likely need a converter for USB-C to USB-A to get the interface connected. So long as you get a "Class compliant" (I think it is, means should work with Apple devices) interface then it'll just work with iPad - I think some line6 devices can be problematic with iPad, not sure why!

I've had great service from a Zoom U-44, there is a 2-port version U-24, try to find it on a deal. Can be powered by USB, battery or mains and has digital ins/outs as well. If you get frustrated with GarageBand on iPad, there are other DAWS you can research, e.g. Auria Pro, Cubasis, Audio Evolution, various "Multitrack" apps...

If you're still set on a modelling interface, sorry I have no idea - I've never come across the UX2 before today!

Thanks for the response. Yeah Im just looking for something i can plug into my iPad and go chill outside and play/record. just something i can plug in for garageband to work and produce guitar sound