Posts by jippitygem25

TJ rigs have that tendency. Reducing the amount of reverb helps. It happens with lots of rigs I have tried from orther packs of his. Britt uses reverb moderately if at all, and his rigs usually have that presence. I could not resist, though, and bought the Purple pack, but I have had no time to dig into it yet. There is variety in spades, so I am sure some rigs will be go-to rigs for some stuff.

please let us know what you think of the paid profiles. Post some clips if ya can! Good to have multiple sources of the clips instead of just the TJ produced samples which are great

68 PURPLE PLEXI : I have tried the free profiles and must say it works with my Suhr Modern with humbuckers but not with my Fender Tele or Strat. I am missing the bottom and mid-low end.

For the Suhr I have to tweak on the amp parameters to get a good tone. The free profiles - as given - sound perhaps good for the Sunday morning church, but have nothing to do with Rock, the purpose this amp was build for.

Yeah Im still waiting to try them. I figured the free profiles might not do much good. I think the paid profiles would be a lot better because there are a lot of different cab and overdrive/distortion options

The cool thing about the cabs that get used in pre-made kemper amp profiles, is that often they are cabs or speakers I have no idea about. Which is cool. I feel like instead of going down the IR rabbit hole, it'd be better to just change a profile if I dont like it lol

there are some free profiles

curious to hear how this profile sounds against the 68 plexi from M.BRitt's 2020 pack. Although Britt didnt give much details about the amp other than it was owned by Eric Johnson so we dont know enough about the similiarities/differences

So is the green scream supposed to be a play off the tubescreamer?

Very different "clean" boosts. I love both and would go a year with one, then two years with the other etc, back when I was mostly using amps. In the Kemper the Green Scream (a model of a Tube Screamer) is still a little more gainy at zero drive than I want. I end-up using a Pure Booster in front of it and pull volume back –2. Obviously it would be nice to not have to "waste" that stomp slot.

Again, lots of folks who aren't using pedal boards are doing just fine with the Kemper and it's internal effects and also profiles with baked-in analog pedals. But if it doesn't hurt what already exists then deeper, better grit/distortion/fuzz tools inside the Kemper will be an improvement.

I could just be totally wrong about how a Klon sounds vs a Tubescreamer. I had always thought the tubescreamer was supposed to replicate the klon but, yes, obviously they will each have their own flavors, pros/cons etc...

Zero gain, bumped level Klon would be up my alley, but I essentially do this with the Green Scream and I believe it has the similar effect. Does it not? From my understanding, isn't the green scream supposed to be that OD pedal, that you turn the volume all the way and tone half way and gain at 0 and it gives you that nice saturated tone?

Do any of you use these or just use the cabs that come with the profiles you buy? Not interested in getting the Kemper Kabinet yet since I only have the stage and it's not powered.

Yes. So you mean, the page you posted is not about the new Mystery Amp? Then, I'm completely off.

The page I posted should be for the mystery amp. I was just saying maybe they are using it as a decoy although that seems too farfetched. The prices in cost are definitely off though. I am not seeing that amp online for $14,000. Maybe he got a very specific one. I had never even heard of that amp until today, so idk... how good could it be ?

The paint on the Kemper may be ok with isopropanol - but - you can't guarantee it till you try it. And you can't guarantee that the plastic screen plate won't be affected.

Hand sanitisers also use denatured ethanol - ethanol mixed with either methanol or pyridine (to make it undrinkable) mixed with glycerol. Again - ethanol may be fine....... but methanol may not. And they'll leave behind the glycerol residue

I worked for 20years in a cell culture lab. Everything we cleaned regularly with denatured ethanol or isopropanol had very faded paint.

Maybe time is will the best sanitizer here then haha, but that's also why Im asking about a full cover for the kemper. Like a plexiglass that would protect. God forbid somebody at a bar spilled a drink onto the kemper... There's gotta be something to cover the product and still keep it functional

Just curious , where do you gig and how often, when there´s a pandemic running rampant

over the world, people are grounded , social distancing commanded , pubs and music scenes

are closed ...... :/

Cheers ! ( at a safe distance )

East Coast USA, gigs are starting to come back, at least out doors. Even still without a pandemic, bar restrooms are filthy. Why not disinfect your pedalboard after a gig?

I was wondering why to disinfect it then I read this..

"The PROFILER offers a selection of some the finest effects in the world. As a company, KEMPER is also responsible for creating the ACCESS™ VIRUS™, one of the most successful synthesizersof all time - there can be little doubt that the ACCESS VIRUS owes some of its success to the highly regarded inbuilt effects. "

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Dirty shoes touching the kemper stage everywhere when you gig, especially during covid I'd rather minimize risk

Anyway, your acoustic simulating variax should sound good on its own, and maybe should produce better acoustic sounds than our acoustic simulator with an e-guitar, as the circumstances are more beneficial.

How is the Variax sound?

Ive only tried the Variax acoustic sounds a few times and it'll work fine. I had found a kemper profile that was meant for acoustic, i have it somewhere and I will try again

Presumably not, because you might double up two acoustic simulator approaches.

Doubling it will not work for sure.

Our Acoustic Simulator is made for turning the sound of an electric guitar into an acoustic guitar.

Okay luckily, I can still switch to the magnetic pickups on my Variax