Posts by goodadvice

Use rig manager and make back up profiles is a MUST ! All the fine tune I put on profiles cannot be lost like that ''snap''

Same thing with your computer , you need to back up. I lost a SSD containing many programs and important data

But I had a back up of everything

Same thing with my Cubase songs. I back up every recording session on an external HD

I've already tried other guitars, new cables, cab and different cabs, still nothing. All that and the output or input lights staying on with no guitar plugged in is very strange.

My point was to try something else than the Kemper first in the chain but never mind...

I once had a pedal (one IN four out with volume) Of course you can do it with two . Google it and search you will find many type of pedals that split (and boost) the signal

Shut down the Kemper , unplug it . Use the same cables ....Plug another device (a synth, a module, a radio whatever you got) and test first of all . Just to check that the problem is the Kemper and not something else in the chain. So if another device plays perfectly ... then at least you'll know your problem is at one place . Replug the Kemper and work on it. Its important to ISOLATE the problem first of all

I dont talk about subtle adjustments here, but effective tricks to make a ''day and night'' diffrence. How do you improve your tone???

Let's share our best ''tricks'' here is mine:

- Maybe my guitar pick ups suffer from a lack of mid, but I always end up with sounds that got good highs and lows and a hole in the mids... So bwhen i fine tune and before I save any sound , I jump on the graphic Equalizer and Studio Eq of the Kemper. (The EQ in the front is not enough for me) I need to boost precise frequencies. I always end up saying ok thats better. Of course we need to take care of sounds also in the context of a mix. Boosting lows can be very cool for a guitar alone but in a context of a mix it will fight with the bass tracks and Bass drum . I try to find a mid freq and a Hi freq too, that will give my guitar sound a perfect touch so we can hear it. Of course it depends of the style and other instruments if its an arrangement with a lot of keyboards synth overdub pads the guitar needs the right eq. If its a guitar rock blues tune or metal the eq will be different of course.. But I never save a sound without trying to get better EQ and generally it makes a great difference.

Paul :love: (goodadvice)

I don't wanna complain. Maybe the problem is my guitars or my technique. But everytime I buy profiles (I wont name cies , but trust me, I've tried them all) but when I compare the demos of the sellers and the result I got playing the same riff than the demo it doesn't sound the same AT ALL. My result are al,ost boring if I compare with their great sound Do they eq and make post production work on it? I don't know. They all use better guitar than mine (Shur and so on) But mine worth 1000$ each (Gibson and Fender,all American) Am I the only one to get this kind of deception? PS Please dont give the names of the cies on your answer, I still respect those cies a lot. I am very honest here just wanna verify if this happens to you too?

Thanks

Paul:love:

That's really more a technique issue than everything else.

There are Carvin Legacy Profiles by Eric Stam on the Rig Exchange that do have a very sweet lead sound IIRC,

these should work.

You can also dial in a little bit of Direct Mix to emphasize the attack transients, or add a little bit of Pick and/or Amp Compression.

My technique is at the level of Alex Skolnick, so that sould not be the problem in my case. But I admit I play too much on clean sounds... And I developped a very sweet legato and speed if needed. (I try to combine fast and slow) But when I applied that speed to my distorted sound a lot of artefacts are unpleasant to my hear. for instance a legato of two notes , and the second notes will create an horrific noise.... instead of a clear notes. So as i said the balance between distortion and clarity and sustain is very hard to find for me. But I<ll work on it and try the profiles suggested here .

Hello , I'd like to get a profile to play SHRED arpeggio and licks. Not hard metal, but you know, arpeggio with a lot of LEGATO and FAST passages a bit like Bach music . so each notes can be clearly heard and sustained without making too much noise. Its hard to find the balance between sustain distortion and a good definition of the notes . Its just for a song or two (I wont dedicate my whole life to it) So do you suggest a specific profile in rig exchange to do that ? Thanks

Paul:love: (goodadvice)

Not necessary and asking for more problems.

This is why I said : And also ''clean the registery'' IF YOU KNOW HOW . I do that everyweek since 10 years and it helps my computer a lot . When we install programs and uninstall , a lot of traces of that old program can be found in the registery. That is asking for more problem if you never clean it. And I think the problem here can easily be a registery with bad links .

Try uninstall it first and then reinstall the update. Make sure you back up beforehand.

I agree back up first and yes thats a fine solution to uninstall previous version first . And also ''clean the registery'' if if you know how .(start reg edit on W10) ( or use a program to clean it, defragment it or whatever ) You know to get rid of bad links in the system.... Then reinstall (PS I installed the ''update'' on a fresh formatted SSD recently and it works like a charm.

If you plug an acoustic guitar on a Kemper I'd be curious to know what kind of pickups (and guitar) fit well with Kemper , according to your experience ?

And maybe some suggestions of profiles (Rig Exchange or commercial) to complete the chain :love:

Thanks a lot for your helps everyone and have a nice day making music :love:

Paul:love: looking for ''goodadvices''

A very good question and I am curious to know the answer too

When I see this , I just wonder, what is it exactly????

I know what a gain is but what it is supposed to mean in the context of my Kemper

Is this to indicate to put the volume of your guitar at THIS level (low mid hi ) ???

Is this the level of the profile (so hi gain means it has been processed at hi level) ???

Does it mean be careful its a high gain so dont play it too loud and also it is very low gain so crank up your guitar or you wont ear it loud enough????

Anything else?

Thank you

Thank you so much for the

''What are "your" hidden gems in Rig Exchange? Post your best finds here ...''

I was a bit afraid when I looked at the 14587 profiles of the RE LOL

But a good start is to read your suggestion for ''hidden gems'' and find some real treasure

This thread is a very good idea

I found really good sounds , check it out if you haven't its a goldmine

Thanks

Paul:love: (goodadvice)