Posts by Lederstrumpf

Hi there,

Been using my Kemper for about a year now, and it's been life-changing!

I added two Kabinets to my Kemper two months back and I absolutely love them too!

So far, I've been using them mostly in Speaker Imprint mode with Kemper Kone and Monitor Cab Off activated.
    I've always been using this with the cabinet section of the stack left toggled on too, assuming that this would apply the Cab simulation to the FoH mix only (since Monitor Cab Off is activated): Via the main manual (v. 7.3):

By activating Monitor Cab Off, you suppress the cabinet simulation selectively for the MONITOR OUTPUT, in order to run a traditional guitar speaker via that output, or via the built-in power amp.

However, when I turned the cabinet section of the stack off, the difference was stark on the direct out for the Kabinets too, and was unpleasantly harsh in the high end, just like on the FoH mix without cab simulation. At first, I figured that turning off the cabinet module would also have turned off the speaker imprint, but choosing a different speaker imprint still makes a noticeable difference - that's the surprising part for me.

I thought that the speaker imprints were a standalone replacement of the cab simulation - this appears not to be the case?

Should the cabinet section be left on, or is this then effectively a composition of two cab simulations, contrary to my current understanding of the manual?