Posts by mistertyler

This may seem like a dumb question.. but how would I go about adding outboard gear to my signal chain while recording? I have a BBE Sonic Maximizer on the way, and would love to try it on guitar tracks.

I'm currently running the Kemper straight through an Apogee Quartet via the Main Outs. So would I just use the Direct Out?

Thanks a bunch!

I thought I'd just buy a bunch of stuff, plug it in, and be good to go. Boy was I wrong. I can't seem to get it all hooked up right.

I have the Kemper's Main Outs connected to my Apogee Quartet's Analog Ins with XLR's.

The Quartet's Analog Outs connected to JBL LSR 305's with a TRS to XLR cable.

Am I missing something?

Right on, guys. I appreciate the replies! Turns out I need to focus on getting the darned Kemper to work before I can begin to think about running it live. To say I'm struggling would be an understatement.

So I finally bucked up and got a Kemper after many years of deliberation. Initially, I only intended to use it in the studio, so I went the unpowered route. But the more I think about it, the more I want to hook it up to a cab for jam sessions. My question is, would it be overkill to get a Mesa 2:Ninety to power it? Or would something much cheaper essentially do the same thing considering the Kemper is the one dishing out the tones? I'm new to this whole non-combo amp side of amplification, so I'm clueless. Thanks!