Posts by GuitarOfJustice

Hi everyone

I'm interested in how you guys setup your signal chain from guitar to ear. Especially for good sounding high gain rock and metal tone. At home.

Does make sense to use external pedals infront kemper? If yes, why and which one? Distortion? Compressor? Overdrive? Alle of them? ... If no, why not and what kemper effects do you use for high gain rock / metal?

Do you guys use another gear for effects after Kemper? Reverb? Delay? Does it make sense for good quality sound? Is that even possible?

do you use speakers at home? monitors? PA? or Headphones?

Thanks alot and I'm curious.

Marc

Use distortion sens for that if it's not enough gain on profiles. For me it's the opposite. To much gain on most high gain profiles so I have to lower the distortion sens.

I played now with that distortion sense parameter and it gets more distortion, but is it just me, or is the tone quality getting worse if I highter the value? it's like I get more gain/distortion but it's losing homehow the deepness... I don't know how to describe it in english haha.

Did I something wrong?

I didn't changed the height of the pickups yet, but they have to less output or gain. If I choose amps on my kemper where it sounds good its always 9 or 10 GAIN amp's and even then it sounds not very distorted

What don’t you like about the pick ups? One thing to keep in mind – the pick ups may just need to be adjusted. If you have too much low end, lower the bass side of the pick ups. The same with too much high end. If you don’t have enough high end, raise the pick ups closer to the strings on the treble side. If the pick ups have too much gain, Lower the pick ups farther away from the strings, and then adjust the bass and treble side height to get the tone you want. If they don’t have enough gain, raise the pick ups, and then fine-tune the treble and bass.

Is it really that simple? I get more gain when I rise the pickups?

Hello everyone

I bought a new guitar Jackson PRO Misha Mansoor Juggernaut HT6QM, Chlorine Burst, but I can still send it back for a few shipping cash and get my money back. But I like the guitar except of its weight, but I don't like the pickups. And I thought hey I could change them. but I actually don't know witch pickup will satisfy me really... what I know they should be passive high output humbuckers (the original one are humbuckers too) for rock and metal from the producer Seymour Ducan or DiMarzio. But there are alot of diffrent types with that specs.

And I need new potentio meters aswell? is that correct?

So what should I do? try the first time in my life to change the pickups? or send the guitar back that I searched for a long time to find a good guitar that I like...

thanks for your opinion!

Cheers, Marc

So overall: it is the best editor we have and the functionality is there. But yeah, I wish it was more reliable at its most important function - saving performances, I wish it could detect panicked Toaster are react accordingly. I'm confident it will get better over time.

thanks man!

I'm a beginner so I don't do tours, its for home use only :)

probier es doch einfach

ist keine Entscheidung fürs leben

sollte es nicht zufriedenstellend für dich sein

kannst du es zurückgeben

Ja, das stimmt, das mache ich jetzt auch.

Aber ich bin einfach kein Fan von Produkte bestellen und dann wieder zurück schicken, weil ich mich zuwenig oder falsch informiert habe. Und jedesmal die Versands-Kosten und -Aufwand :rolleyes:

Aber euch hier die Zeitstellen, sollte auch nicht die Lösung sein. Entschuldigt bitte.

Ich bin echt ein riesen Fan von Kemper und diesem Forum! Echt ne bomben Community!

Ok. Ich bin raus...ich lass mich auf den Quatsch hier nicht mehr ein.

Willst du uns hier an der Nase herumführen oder beschäftigen ?

Es ist wie überall ein Geben und Nehmen...

Ich sehe gerade nur Letzteres...

Vielleicht nimmt sich noch jmd anderes deiner Bedenken an...

Entschuldige bitte meine Vorgehensweise, ich wollte niemanden hier verägern. Vorallem nicht die, die mir hier so gut weiter geholfen haben wie Du.

Ich bestelle das Ding und teste es.

Danke für alles! Ich hoffe, ich kann auch mal helfen.