Posts by chaijens

I am in my recording studio where I play through my studio monitors. I will not use headphones just to hear the Kemper neither do I want to hook up the studio monitors to the Kemper as they are hooked up to a monitor controller.

As mentionned in my initial post, software monitoring is activated in Logic as it is the only way to hear the Kemper at this point.

But when doing so when opening Rig Manager, the signal distorts and crackles which makes editing in Rig Manager impossible.

So I guess the USB option and the way it is designed is not for me then.

Too many (for me) unconvenient changes necessary.

Never had any similar issues before when I was using SPDIF/Coax connection with the Kemper. Will therefore go back to SPDIF and add the additional cabling.

Direct Monitoring is turned ON. And has always been turned on.

Problem is the same.

I ONLY get sound from Kemper when Logic Pro X is open and input monitoring is activated on an armed track. Otherwise no sound from Kemper. Maybe I should go back to hooking up the Kemper via SPDIF?

The way it is now via USB impossible to edit in Rig Manager. Crackling and Latency..And no sound without input monitoring in Logic enabled.

Audio Interface is Audient Evo 16.

My Kemper rack is hooked up to a Mac mini M2 pro via USB

1st problem: I only get sound from the Kemper with Logic Pro X open and an armed track with input monitoring on.

2nd problem: If I open rig manager then I get terrible noise and latency.

How can I hear the Kemper without having my Daw open?

How can I edit in Rig Manager with the Daw open?

I use the Kemper via USB. Audio Interface is Audient ID 44MK2. In Logic I get sound from the Kemper with Monitoring activated. But in standalone and with Profiler as Input I get no sound although a signal is indicated in Logic. Input Profiler output Audient ID44 MK2. I am at a loss. In Mac system configuration Profiler is input signal and Audient Output signal. Why is there no sound?

Hello, I used to run my Kemper into my Apogee Ensemble via Coax in and O Issues.

Now I want to switch to Audient Interfaces, probably ID44 MK 2 . It has 2 ADAT in/outs.

Does anyone know if I can hook up the Kemper through these ADAT in/outs with a Coax to spdif Box or directly through optical cables?

I cant figure out whether the ADAT in outs can do SPDIF..maybe someone here uses Kemper with audient digitally?

Thanks

Ok now i have the 2x12 hooked up in mono (bridged mode)while SPDIF are going to my Studio monitors in Stereo(spdif out sounds awesome). The mono bridged sound is ok BUT all the sounds with delays and reverbs especially dotted eigths do not sound great through the 2x12 in mono. I feel like you are missing all the beauty of the gorgeous kemper delays and reverbs that you get to hear in stereo. It seems like I would have to adjust all my delay and reverb tones for the 2x12. I did change the output to Master Mono on the monitor out and tried single delays instead of dual delays but the huge difference remains. So next thing I will try is main outs L/R into the power amp in stereo..And I still have 2 DXR10s..thanks for all suggestions sofar.

Hi

I just bought a Harley Benton GP 400 power amp and vintage 2x12 cabinet for my kemper.

if I want to get the best tone out of the power amp I often read it should be run in mono (bridged)

does that mean I only take one cable from the Kemper to the power amp?

I made a new performance based on a 69 Marshall MBritt profile . Today I turn on the Kemper and the volume is very low and the effects are barely hearable.

Kemper is hooked up to my Apogee audio interface like from the first day. I reboot the Kemper and the sound is back to normal. But after 20 minutes i lose 50% of the volume again.

I reboot again and it is back to normal..

I am at a loss of what could be the issue.

Newest rigmanager with editor installed and about 800 profiles and 20 performances on the Kemper.

Hi Having a small problem configuring effects on the remote. I have a clean sound with some compression. I would like to toggle on off a tremolo on switch 1 on the remote. For some reason it always switches the compressor on off also.. so it will turn tremolo and compressor on or off...But i want the comp to be always on and just on off the tremolo..Any help? Thank you