Posts by ehelkimo

Just keep raising the block size until the artifacts are gone. You might have to go higher than 144 or maybe you can go a little lower. At 144, I am 3.6ms latency which is about 4 feet from a cab or drummer if you monitor thru DAW.

Thanks again for the reply. I've managed to solve the issue now. My main profile I use the most (a high gain Dual Rectifier was apparently too hot for the signal chain to handle. Turned down the treble boost and the cracks and pops disappeared. I'm still confused because this was not an issue before, with my regular audio interface...

Thanks, will try out 144 block size. I’m on Mac though.

the buffer size can only be set in the audio settings of your DAW.

Managed to sort the crackling out by muting the track in the DAW and monitoring directly from the Kemper. This works well during recording or just playing around. However, the crackling reappears once the track is unmuted and I want to listen back to the recording. The issue must be somewhere in the PC or DAW, but changing sample rate or block size in the DAW doesn't seem to make any difference.

I'm trying out the new Kemper usb audio feature, seems to be working well on all points except I'm getting crackling noise from my studio monitors. This doesn't occur when using my regular audio interface. I've noticed that this doesn't occur when using the Kemper output Stack setting, only Master Stereo or Mod Stereo, so the crackling appears to be linked to stereo in some way... What am I doing wrong? Any settings I'm missing somewhere?

Kemper --> Reaper --> KRK Classic 5

Which version are you running on the Kemper? 7.1.5 has a lot of clicks over SPDIF for me, even when the Kemper is the master. I don't get those with the latest beta (with Kemper as master as well).

I'm running 7.1.2. Haven't updated it since I got in Dec 2019. Can that be the reason I'm getting clicks?

Hi!

Recently started using S/PDIF for recording, but I've noticed that there are some audible clicks when using high gain profiles, especially during heavy palm muting. Changed the sample rate to 96 kHz and sound quality was improved. None of the other sample rates made any difference. There are still some very minor clicks but I reckon they won't be heard in a mix.

Kemper is correctly set to master and interface to slave. I have also experimented with clean sense but it doesn't make any difference. I'm using Reaper as DAW.

So to my question. Is there any drawback to using 96 kHz? From my understanding most people stick with 44,1 and get great results from that, but that doesn't work well for me.

Thanks

Hi! New Kemper user here, I'm absolutely blown away by this amazing amp, couldn't be happier!

I want to record my music but I'm afraid my current audio interface (Scarlett Solo) is far too basic. The sound I hear from the Kemper's headphone jack is amazing, but sound quality is decreased when connected to the interface. The interface is very basic and only has one line input and so far I haven't been able to record with the Kemper in stereo. I guess the interface simply doesn't cut it. Long story short, I need to upgrade. Does anyone here have experience with the Scarlett 8i6? Will it deliver the sound quality I hear from the headphone jack? It seems to have several in and output options as well as S/PDIF in/out, so it seems way better in that respect.

Thanks in advance!
    Erik