Posts by cassianoyoung

I've got no dog in this fight, but this isn't the first cabinet builder I have seen with a similar assessment of cabinet materials.

http://carlscustomamps.com/spe…-is-best-and-what-matters

Thank you very much!! This is the transparency that folks who are doing research need. As you say no dog in this fight, so it’s great to see a non bias legit and in depth article. Of course MDF is used based on its low cost! Come on! Yeah the Kabinet sounds great, but not because of its MDF material, but because of its well built, incredible sounding and affordable Chinese made Kone. The Kone (along with the DSP intelligence) is the heart of the whole thing. If we are being fully transparent,( like in the awesome link that you added) there is really no other story to tell.

I’ve just finished my Spalted Sycamore Hardwood Wood cabinet. Solid wood on the outer shell and back planes baffles and 3/4” hardwood plywood in the inside. Basically a beautiful finish on the outside with with a smaller very lively and indeed punchy sound from the plywood inner box.

Rock on!!

Cheers,

Calling it "Chinese guitar gear" is a misleading way to describe them.

We regularly have products invented and developed in our R&D team manufactured in other countries, including China. Calling them "Chinese products" is a poor and revealing way to describe them.

Didn’t mean to mislead anyone my friend, I am not calling them “Chinese Gear”. They are indeed by definition Chinese gear. Regardless of where the R&D took place, like or not, they are made in the PRC. But let’s be fully transparent here. Where are the profilers themselves made?

Get my point? I am sure they are not made in China for a reason. And I would go as far as take a good guess at the reason: You guys, Kemper, have the highest of standards in your German Factory and manufacturing process and even tough it would be much more affordable to produce it in the PRC, they are not (and likely never will)

So, I was just noting that the quality of the Kone is very nice, despite being affordable (because they are made in China) thats all.

Cheers,

I’ve got to say! This is the nicest piece of Chinese guitar gear I have tried in a while! I am truly floored by the sounds coming out of these Kones!! Highly recommended.

Hi folks!

Just got done building my 212 to house two Kones that are coming in tomorrow and have been testing it with some V30s. Does anyone have the links to the Kone wiring diagram? Is it a straight swap with regular speakers or is there anything special that needs to be done? Thank you. Here is the Cabinet. Just waiting for the speakers and for the spray paint mold to paint the logo on the grill!! Added some Kemper green on the grill trim to match!! It’s way too loud, but I am Stoked to put the Kones in this thing!