Posts by KillerEngine

Update to this thread:

I am on my 4th Stage since the release and I am still getting intermittent foot switch failure on it just like 2 of the last 3 Stages. I really think Kemper has no idea how to identify which units have this problem and just keep sending them out.

Sorry to hear that. Have you been in contact with Kemper directly? Did they say anything new related to this issue?

That's a real bummer... just startet the RMA process for my new Stage yesterday. Since I have a money back guarantee, I'll make use of that and try again in a few month. Hope, they'll have this sorted out till then. Apart from that, I absolutely fell in love with the device. Usability and functionality are really outstanding.

But what really makes me wonder is why these issues with the switches keep comming up since it seems to be the same hardware used in the remote already (at least it looks like that) which seems to do a pretty good job in that regard.

[...]

It is a hardware problem and it is fixed on the new units already. So if you get a replacement unit, it shouldn't have this problem anymore.

Doesn’t look like it... just received mine with the same issue. Effekt button IIII not working. And now we already have December. After reading about all those faulty switches in several threads I’m really not sure about keeping this unit respectively going through the whole RMA thing maybe even several times. Doesn’t really speak for superb built quality, which is what I absolutely expect from such a pricy unit.