Posts by muleblues

Anyone have/had issues with their input jack cutting out, sound comes out but it sounds like a pedal with a dying battery. I have to unplug and plug back in. It's not my cables, I use a wireless and regular cables. I contacted kemper support. Just wanted anyone's experience with this.

I had the chance to compare creambacks, before switching to kones, the differences are there, like the kone sounding a tad bit HiFi-ish sometimes, but they are minimal in the sound department, it is more a sound pressure and sound dispersion thing, not that kone is bad in that department, it is just different.

Hello Muleblues, I'm also thinking about getting 2 kones and put them into a 2x12 cab. How is your experience with that? Which cad did you use? How is the sound difference if you compare the Kone configured to V30 with the real V30s?

I also have a marshall 4x12 with a combo of g1265's and 75t's. The 4x12 has more bottom end and the 2x12 has a more focused sound. I found a 80's ADA vert cab with the original speakers for a steal. The real v30's are more brighter than the kones but are so close. If your wanting that "one" sound, V30's or variety kones. I'm enjoying both

Welcome from Brooklyn Center,MN

Welcome! A lot of pro profilers have free samples to try out. Start with tone junkie, he leans more to low/med gain stuff. Sweet old Marshall, Fender,Vox and many more. Has great youtube channel. Have fun

What I need to know is if I should start from scratch and re wire everything.

I assumed that the speakers wires inside when I bought the cab were the same and would work with Kemper speakers .

I did try again tonight at max volume + power amp boost at 5 extra for a short time, and it worked fine. But I wonder if I jam longer at that volume if the same issues will occur.

Does anyone recommend I buy new wiring and if so, can you point me in the direction of the right wirings to buy and from where?

I purchased a set of wiring from EARCANDY.COM for my 2x12 w/Kones. Everything was prewired, just had to remove/replace the old jack/wiring and connect speakers. easy peasy

Anyone replaced their speakers in a 2x12 cabinet with Kones? I have a Mesa 2x12 with v30's but just wondering since obviously every tone I use today is v30's in the Mesa.

Yes! I found an 80's ADA 2x12 vertical cab, the one with the fuzzy carpeting, junk speakers inside. My toaster fits perfect on top. I also have a marshall 4x12 with a X pattern of g12-65 and 75T's. For maybe $25 more each than the V30, I picked up a used pair of kones on reverb. I agree, 90% of the amps use V30's anyway. I just like options, in case I want to play some blues with fender type amps.

Updated the latest version last night via rig manager. Usually do it via usb drive. I was lazy. It worked after install. This morning, I wanted to update it again via USB drive, never had a problem doing this until now. I downloaded the 7.3 version to stick, it asked if I wanted to install, YES.. Then I was going to update latest version immediately after, done this before. Now it won't recognize the USB drive. Even with it removed, getting : booting and burning from USB device
    unable to mount USB drive. I cannot even re-boot/restore or anything. Sent a help ticket. wtf...