Posts by CajunDan

I'm still learning the Kemper profiler, and I apologize if this has already been answered before. Up until recently I have been plugging in a 1x12 Mesa Boogie speaker to the Speaker output on the Kemper. This was just for my personal sound monitor for on stage. I have been plugging an XLR cable to the main output to go to FOH. My question is, I can easily tweak my personal sound using my Mesa Boogie, but I don't know of a good way to check and adjust the sound going to FOH. I don't own a PA system, and, there really isn't much time to experiment with my main output sound using the band's PA minutes before a gig. I have ran my XLR output to a Zoom recorder and monitored/tweaked the sound with headphones. It helped, but not much. I should say that I recently purchased the Kemper Kabinet. Could I use it as a FRFR and get a similar sound that I'd be feeding FOH and adjust my tone accurately?

When I used real amps, I always used only one amp but made sure I had a way to have a clean channel, dirty channel and either a third channel or a boost for leads. My band plays a large variety of music and I use my Kemper in a similar way. I basically use 5 presets, although, each preset uses a different profile. I have my clean channel, dirty rhythm, butt 2 different lead channels. The 5th channel is a clean with some mild dirt. I'll eventually add a few more presets, but for now this works for me.

I'm fairly new using the Kemper, and I'm new here as well. Sorry if this question has been asked before. I'm in a gigging band, I just purchased the Kemper Kabinet for my powered kemper profiler. I've been using a Mesa Boogie speaker cabinet for my stage sound, and going direct out to the PA/front of house. I had the cab simulator off for the signal going to the Mesa Boogie, and the cab simulator on for the PA signal. Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't own a PA, so tweaking the sound going to my Mesa Boogie speaker won't sound the same as the signal going to the PA? Therefore, I have no way (that I know of) to hear what will be going to the PA without actually plugging into the PA and tweaking it that way. I only have access to the PA when we play gigs. My real question is, now that I have the Kemper Kabinet, is it safe to assume that the Kabinet will sound more like the signal going to the PA?